SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FDK Silver Star (Read 15322 times)
Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: FDK Silver Star
Reply #30 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
I've forgotten when this story fits into your timeline.  Sad
Which story comes after this one?  Huh

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #31 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Denise, this one is placed about ten months after "Best Friends" and it will be followed by "Absence", which deals mostly with Ed and his side of the equation. "Soul Mates" follows "Absence". I took Louise's advice and numbered the stories on my website and on FanFiction. I know they are going to change, but it's not a big deal to renumber them. Smiley

My muse likes to jump all over the place! Cheesy

Louise, one of the things I admired about Ed was his dedication to his principles. He wouldn't tolerate a glass ceiling attitude from anyone. Wink Judging a person by their gender was another thing I never understood. Undecided

Ed doesn't really come to terms with his feelings for Ginny until the next story! Wink

Ginny will discover just how incomaptible she is with Paul later in the story, as well as realizing the reason she is bothering with him.

Paul does get his, but not in a mean way. This is a turning point for him, one of several that will take him to the place of maturity where he ended up in "Expecting". His attitude changes over the next two years. Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #32 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
“I’m not a prude, but I’m not promiscuous either. I have to be in love with someone before I’ll go to that point. There has to be a promise of a future together. Paul, I’m not a twenty something girl fresh out of school. I’m thirty seven years old. I don’t have the luxury of wasting time on a relationship that isn’t going anywhere. Someday I want a marriage, and I want children, and if that scares you then you should say so now.”

This is a really good bit of conversation Matt.. a deep look at her reasons and hopes. the way her mind works, what she wants.... Ginny as a woman, not just as a sex object/scientist/SHADO colonel. (not necessarily in that order!)
the whole conversation is good, but this part is excellent!

Very well written and totally believable. and also (dare I say it!) makes me think much more highly of Ginny! Shocked

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #33 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks Louise, I'm glad that worked. You see at this point in time Paul is not considering the depth in any relationship he pursues. Ginny on the other hand knows who she is and what she wants. I do see her being honest about her feelings. Wink

Paul doesn't see it yet, but Ginny has taught him something here. Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Matt,
Why would he consider something so far outside his realm of experience?  Depth?  What does Paul know about depth?  He just wants to get laid!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #35 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
My point exactly! Wink But he will learn, you see in order to become the Paul Foster I portray in "Expecting" he has to start somewhere and I see this as a gradual process. Smiley

Paul will remember this conversation further down the road. Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #36 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Its a nice split between Paul and Ginny. He wants sex, no commitment, no strings, no ties. She however is beginning to yearn for those things that she has been denied; love, romance, children, and the clock is ticking......... Embarrassed
Paul is really showing his immaturity.

Thank heavens we all hate Paul. Wouldn't it be dreadful if one of us thought he was sex on legs! (not you Matt! Grin Denise or me!)  But there again , I suppose  you could think he was a really sensible, mature member of SHADO.... not!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #37 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't say I hate Paul, I think I'm just showing him as he was in the series. I did see some growth in him towards the end and my stories reflect that. Smiley

He grows up quick once I marry him off, I haven't decided when that is going to take place, either in "Genetics" or "Dark SHADO".

But he is so much fun to pick on especially early on in the series. Cheesy

Paul as sex on legs? That's too funny. Although Yuchtar likes him doesn't she? Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #38 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 3:17am
Print Post  
I added some more to chapter 5. Hope to have more up tomorrow! Smiley

Need sleep! Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #39 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
WEll, now that Craig has turned up, the sparks are going to fly! Looking forward to what happens next!   Shocked
I wish my story was going as well as this.
  Angry

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #40 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's time for a little fun, this one is going better than it was earlier. I just didn't get much time to write this weekend. Angry Hate it when that happens. Grin

Today is going to be busy so I won't get back to this until later. grrr But later this afternoon I should have some time. Smiley

I'm still thinking about "Glitch" and I may have to bring "Matt" back to play some more. Not sure yet, as I have a couple of idea floating around. Fun stories pull together a lot quicker! Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
This is shaping up very nicely, Matt!  Smiley
You're doing well with the whole relationship thing as well.  Very fine line between what the show showed and what you're implying.  But you're walking the tightrope as if you knew what you were doing!  Wink  Ha ha!  Grin
Keep up the good work!  It's a great story!  Cool

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #42 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
That's the hard part, and I'm glad I waited until now to tackle this story. I really didn't know if I was going to be able to pull this off or not. Wink

There is an old saying, "If you can't dazzle 'em with brillance, baffle 'em with bulls**t. Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #43 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
I finished the Craig/Ginny scene and added it.

Onward to more good stuff! Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #44 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
This is coming together really well. I like the way you are true to the story, but add your own little touches.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this all ends.... will it be with Craig dying? and how Ginny  deals with that?

I need some air.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo