SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FDK Silver Star (Read 15311 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: FDK Silver Star
Reply #45 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Denise said it best, it's like walking a tightrope. Cheesy

I just finished chapter 5. The story will cover a bit of ground after the episode, Ed fixing SID, resolving Ginny's and Paul's brief relationship etc.

This story ties a bunch of loose ends and sets the stage for the next part of the saga. Ed and his feelings, that should be fun! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #46 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I just reposted the last paragraph as it wasn't quite working the way I wanted. Sad

In the episode Ed seemed suspisious of Craig towards the end. Wink

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #47 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Yes, the end works better now. I like the way Ed has realised that GInny has feelings for him, and his acceptance that he still has to work with Craig, despite his reservations. Nice conversation between Ed and GInny.  Wink

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
This episode sucked on so many levels that I'm surprised that you are making it work for you, Matt!  But I still think it was foolish of Straker to keep Collins on the mission when there were concerns about him.  Friend or no friend.  He called down the others for going by their emotions rather than facts.  Well, he needed to heed his own advice!

I think you're very brave to tackle a storyline filled with so many flaws.  But so far, you're doing a decent job with it.  Don't stop now!  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #49 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
You're right Denise, but the basic storyline was actully sound. It wouldn't have taken much to turn a poorly written episode into a good one. Wink

As fas as Ed is concerned, you raise a valid point, why did he not relieve Collins at this juncture. The only thing that makes sense is Ed assumes that Collins is not a threat to him. At this point Ed knows nothing of the test Jackson had put Collins through, and Ginny doesn't make a formal complaint. I have to believe that Ed would have grounded him had he even suspected alien involvement. Smiley

I think you hit the nail on the head with the "walking a tightrope" comment. What a great comparision! Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Yes, but see?  That just proves my point!  The doctor should have informed Straker at the first opportunity that something was up.  This was an important mission, after all! 

Dumb episode!  Angry

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #51 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I do have to agree with you there, even if the test was unofficial as Jackson had stated. I would have left that bit out of the plot as it would have raised my eyebrows had I been Jackson. Shocked

I'm suprised because the same writer did "Timelash" and I liked that episode although there were a few flaws with that one as well. Wink

We all missed our calling Denise we should have been scriptwriters! Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
They needed something!  But I don't think you'd ever get Gerry Anderson to admit that.  I don't think he saw UFO as any different from his puppet shows.  Especially since Space:1999 also suffered from lack of credibility.  I don't know what he was thinking though, since UFO definitely was not a children's program!

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #53 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I don't know if it was Gerry's fault or the writer's or both! Wink

I think Louise hit the nail on the head when she said earlier that the series lacked an overacrhing theme, or continuity between the episodes. But I've seen that in the first season of most shows, even Star Trek! Smiley TNG was a little better but I wasn't impressed with the first season at all. Sad

That being said, a show with flaws can be a FanFic writer's dream! Like UFO! Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #54 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
I reposted chapters 6 and 7 with some corrections and minor additions. Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #55 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Okay, the first draft of Silver Star is done! Smiley (whew)

Let me know what you all think, don't be afraid to be honest! Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Interesting way to end it.  Paul gets to grow up a bit, eh?

If I had been Ginny, I wouldn't have told the commander anything about my relationship with Paul (no matter how much I loved Straker!  Actually, especially if I loved Straker!)  But I believe that's a woman thing, and one no man could be expected to understand.  So I'm not quibbling.  Just saying.  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #57 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Paul in therapy, can you believe it? Cheesy That would make an interesting story in itself! Having him grow up later in the story arc he had to start somewhere, and this seemed like the right time. Wink

I'm not sure if the Ginny bit will survive the final cut. Denise I know you are a private person so I can understand why you would feel that way. I'm trying to get my head around what Ginny would do in this situation. She might be more assertive but I don't know? Louise any thoughts? Smiley I do have a plan B that would work just as well, maybe better, so if I have to change this it's not a big deal! Wink

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #58 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I think the end is fine Matt, but I would like to see a more reflective Ginny at the end of the last chapter.. instead of ending it with a conversation, perhaps her thoughts about her past relationships and the feelings she has for Straker.. that her relationships don't last becuase she desires someone else and is not prepared to settle for second best..  it might contrast nicely with Paul's scene where he admits to problems.

Just a thought .

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #59 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Great idea! Smiley I like it! Smiley

Thanks, Louise! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo