SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: What do you want to see in the new film? (Read 31158 times)
Steve Gerard
Recruit

Re: What do you want to see in the new film?
Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
denisefelt wrote on Jun 8th, 2010 at 1:20am:
Thanks for sharing, Steve!  The new logo is cool!  Cool

Wink You are welcome. I will always post any news on the new UFO 2011 movie. Cool

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #31 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Found this !
New Transmedia Company Teams Veteran Producers, Financiers Advised by Robert Evans

Film Bridge International to Handle Foreign Sales

Los Angeles, – May 5, 2010 – Hot on the heels of the recent recognition of “transmedia” as a new production credit by the Producers’ Guild of America, veteran producer Robert Evans and award winning producer Henri Kessler, with partners Liam Weir, Layne Bednar and Steaphan Weir have founded a company that capitalizes on the transmedia strategy of growing intellectual properties: Pacific Transmedia Corporation a new “transmedia” company and film fund. True to its moniker, PTC develops, finances, and produces intellectual properties across multiple platforms: filmed entertainment, video games, games, books, music, mobile applications, toys, merchandising and associated markets with continuity.

In announcing the new company, Kessler has also announced PTC’s first production: Ufo. Based on the 1970 British TV series and in partnership with the rights holders, British Broadcaster ITV Global, the film, to be directed by Matthew Gratzner, is budgeted at $130 million. Principal photography on Ufo will commence in November 2010 in various locations in the UK as a qualified British film. On the filmed entertainment side, Ptc’s goal is to produce two to three films per year over the next five to six years, with two expected to be filmed in 2010.

Ptc has a continuous focus on raising capital. After initial funding through private investment, Ptc plans to tap public capital markets through a primary public offering and expects to be traded on the Nasdaq. The company is expected to deploy up to $350mm in a combination of debt and equity for production and P&A.

There is still hope!

I had to change some of the text because it won't let me post anything in capitals!!!!!

more info. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118018740.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1
w

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Well, if they're not planning on starting filming till November, we won't see this film till December 2011 -- if then!  Oh, man!  Angry  I don't wanna wait that long!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #33 - Jun 23rd, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
A Ufo film Dec 2011... nice pre-Christmas present! Straker in Santa Claus outfit?

I'll wait that long... after all I waited for L.o.t. Rings  and that turned out to be tens times better than I could ever have expected it to be!
  Grin

It's 'in production' now!

This from a Fanderson member; - below.......

Right! Have gone onto Imdb Pro... took their 15 day free trial thing. Important info, the status there was changed from "pre-production" to "in production" on the 9th of June. The Costa Rica location is also confirmed along with the UK. I then called New Deal and spoke to Christie [Who remembered me from last time!] on reception who confirmed that they were still "Ramping Up" but that New Deal are very enthusiastic about this project and hope to reveal more info soon. I will continue to try and glean some further nuggets before the free trial expires.

Cheesy

I need some air.
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #34 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Based upon the promotional poster  Space Interceptors will be included, but S.I.D. and the  SHADO Moonbase? Let's hope the movie has all of the SHADO operations included. Huh

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #35 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
I would be surprised if Moonbase or SID were left out. Maybe they'll fix the confusion about where SID is parked. Most of the scripts and supporting documentation place it at the L5 libration point 240,000 miles up. But in the series it is shown to be in more of a geostationary orbit.

I just hope they do the series justice! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #36 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Hi Guina! Welcome to the forum!

Like your comments on the film... let's just hope it comes off!
If they are planning a trilogy then I would hope that they are going into the whole thing with a lot more thought than was put into Thunderbirds for example!

There have been some good updates of older films.. I particularly liked Batman and The Dark Knight, but I think most fans are thinking about Tbirds/Charlies' Angels/ that sort of complete farago!

I am concerned about the musical director as well. Richard Sortomme seems to be rather light classical and I like my Film music thunderous and multi-layered... Zimmer, Shore, Djawadi, Horner...any of those would be great. but  I don't think we will get dramatic, awe-inspiring sounds from Sortomme.. Not sure if I've spelt his name right!

AS for your list of what you don't want to see..
I couldn't agree more!
Although I think the use of wigs was a necessity rather than a fashion statement!  Michael Billington was rather thin on top and Ed Bishop didn't want to keep having to bleach his hair every ten days or so.
The chain smoking was really too much, as was the eyeliner.
I think that Sylvia was heading in the right direction with make-up for guys, but didn't really carry the thought through logically. Would a military unit allow men to wear make-up? Unlikely!
And the clothes ( well the catsuits) were just because Gerry fancied bums...... how many shots of female 'behinds' were there in the first episode!

I'm with you on the Nehru suits as well.. fabulous 'military' stying, but towards the end of the series they looked poorly made and the jumpers that they wore underneath were very badly fitting. So, as you said, decent materials and designs needed...( but I hope they keep some sort of purple wig for the moonbase girls!)

ANd the episodes? You've read my mind. those are my four favourite ones. Gritty, dark, mysterious and of course with The Man (as Denise and I call him) in the lead. ..  Wink

Oh we can but dream.......

Chances are this will be a duff movie. If it gets made.  Angry

Good to have another UFO fan on board... we'd love to know more about you. I think there's info about the rest of us on the forum.. posted in an earlier welcome message.

Great Andromeda Nebulae eh?   Not much chance of seeing you at the Convention then in Bristol this October!  Grin
(unless you have a FTL spaceship!)
Louise

I need some air.
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #37 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Dammit.. So I'm still the only female UK UFO fan. Rats. Angry
oh well, just means I have to work even harder then......... Grin

BAck to the drawing board.... Ed and the dragon....

Look..this is Sci-Fi.. I can do a story with Ed and a Dragon can't I! (giggling here!) ...

you may have guessed that we are not always terribly serious... but we enjoy ourselves! Wink

I need some air.
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #38 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Oh there are fans, but I think they like to stay in the closet as it were. I tend not to mention that I  am a UFO fan, as it gets frowned upon! (and I certainly don't mention art work...even my husband doesn't look at it)

AS for the story.. I'm in the midddle of a fairly intense and violent one, so it's nice to have a change of direction, and its for the 'challenge' (which we don't take seriously...no prizes, voting etc!)

So I am doing a 'slightly weird' UFO story.. where.... no... You'll have to wait to read it..if you read fanfic that is!

It involves Straker and a dragon... and that's all I'm saying..
Hey..red-suited aliens are not the only ones out there!
Louise!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #39 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Your husband doesn't look at your work, shame on him! Wink
He doesn't know what he's missing! Share beehive Ginny with him! Cheesy

Guina, welcome to the board, I'm Matt and I'm another sick UFO fan.! Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #40 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Read some of my posts, the anwser will be clear! Cheesy

(Maybe it's just me that's sick!) Shocked

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #41 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Guina, read the feedback thread for "Distant Memories". That was my UFO/Bonanza crossover story. I had some wild comments in there! Cheesy

As a matter of fact, anyone who would write that type of story has to be a little off the wall! Smiley

Louise, I must be lucky, when I mention UFO nobody looks at me strange (except my wife). Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #42 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
It's the eyes that do it for me.. if the guy doesn't have wonderful eyes, than it doesn't matter if he looks like.. well, Ed Bishop.! And Whitfield has those intelligent eyes. Sean Connery had, and Ed Harris, and David Tennant

Kevin Bacon has as well. , but not Keifer Sutherland

Personal viewpoint only!! 

I like drawing eyes. Grin

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
'Eyes are the windows to the soul.'

I have had a lifelong fascination with eyes.  Not like Top Dollar does in The Crow, but still . . .   Cheesy

In a world where most of us have friends who we never meet face to face, it becomes harder than ever to find a true friend.  When you can't look someone in the eye, how do you know they truly care?  So you will notice that eye contact plays a huge role in every one of my stories.  Why?  Because it's vital!

And Sean Connery does have lovely eyes!  Kiss

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #44 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Ed Sttraker had wonderful eyes...as did Alec  Freeman ... even with eyeliner! In fact some people who at first glance look rather ugly, turn out to be beautiful when you see their eyes.
Phantom of the Opera stuff..

Interesting point about 'unseen' friends, and very true. But you can tell quite a lot about a person from the stories that thye write, I think...  no I'm not  homicidal maniac!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Add Poll Send Topic