SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: What do you want to see in the new film? (Read 31121 times)
MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Re: What do you want to see in the new film?
Reply #15 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Bearing in mind what a complete dog's breakfast he made of the 'Thunderbirds' movie soundtrack, I would have thought that Hans Zimmer would be the LAST person to be given the job.

what would I like to see?

the sort of action we had in 'The Sound of Silence' with      Mobiles in a pitched battle with UFOs.

Some of Meddings' best work, IMO

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Ah come on... Thunderbirds soundtrack wasn't that baad.. Zimmer did Gladiator, Batman, Pirates, etc, some good stuff. If you take the Thunderbirds film as a 'non-Thunderbirds' film, it had a lot of merits. AS a tribute to International Rescue it was rubbish though!

UFO.... I'd like to see some definite idea as to what the aliens actually were... non-corporeal or actual aliens, What exactly werer the coming for? yes,,, they took oprgans... but was that all?  Why the bomb in Long Sleep?

Goes back to what I said before.. The Andersons lost the plot really with the show.   Much as I like Gerry, I do hope he doesn't have too much input into the new fiolm... enough to keep it on the straight and narrow though!

I need some air.
IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I've answered the question of the Bomb in my current story...

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Oh come on ... You can't tell us that and then leave us dangling in anticipation!!!

Tell us more!
  Grin

I need some air.
IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Why do you think there is only the one group of Aliens...?

'The Alien lowered his gaze to look around him. This planet seemed to be a very attractive place. In a way, he envied the humans this lush green planet, so full of as-yet untapped resources. Resources that included the humans themselves.
Of all the planets that the Race had visited over the millennia, only the Humans of this insignificant little blue-green planet were able to supply their needs; spare parts to replace their own diseased and failing organs. In many cases, it would not even be necessary to kill them - Nature on this planet had given them spares of some of the most useful organs. It was merely necessary to isolate a human, remove one of its organs, stitch it up, erase the most recent events from its memory then put it back.
Some on his home planet had objected on moral grounds, saying that it was wrong to use lower animals in this way.
But, it had been pointed out, Medical science had been unable to provide artificial replacements that could last more than a century or so. It was ironic; the scientists who had perfected the means to travel for months at many times the speed of light were still unable to produce an artificial heart or kidney, to replace their own diseased and failing organs.
And besides, the Humans actually ate lower animals on Earth, breeding them as food.
Perhaps, one day, it might be possible to set up a captive breeding programme, offering advanced technology in exchange for organs. Not too advanced, though - the Humans seemed to be a particularly warlike race. They had even taken their first steps off of the planet, with crude chemical-powered craft, little different from the missiles the humans often rained on each other. So far, two of these craft had crossed the void, to land on the barren surface of the Earth’s rocky satellite before lifting off and returning home.
The small size and low speed of these strange craft had almost spelled disaster; veiled by the glare of the system’s central star, one of the missiles had almost collided with the watching scout as it dropped out of superluminal space. With no time to react, the crew had been unable to prevent the automatic defence systems from acting to prevent detection; the energy beam had all but destroyed the rear section of the humans’ craft. Despite being mortally wounded, the human-carrying missile had managed to swing around the back of the planet’s satellite before returning home. Evidently, the humans were resourceful. Who knows what devastation they could cause if they got their hands on a scout craft with its energy weapons? The more reactionary faction of The Race saw Mankind’s aggressive nature as justification for a programme of total extermination.
Fortunately, theirs was still a minority view but it had been considered prudent to build in auto destruction units into the Scout craft. Unfortunately, though, something in this planet’s atmosphere seemed to trigger the unit - leading to the destruction of the craft if the crewmembers were unable to cancel the destruct sequence in time.'

From 'Edge of Armageddon' - page 15

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Very nice work. Looking forward to reading more at some stage. Smiley
Interesting perspective on the aliens.

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #21 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I like this! Looking forward to reading more.  Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I want it to be faithful to the original series in mood. I want the original theme music. I want the casting to reflect the original cast, However, most of all I want it to be made. Cool

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Ditto, Steve!  Cool

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #24 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
denisefelt wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:40pm:
Ditto, Steve!  Cool

Yes, as Gerry Anderson fans of UFO, we have waited long enough...almost four decades. Cry

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #25 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Fat chance. at least it won't be full of smokers and blonde's bums! Shocked
I don't mind lots of good hardware.. SFX will probably be better than models (be careful here, louise!) but Moonbase was SO good and so was Skydiver ( from outside!)
The mobiles were sometimes great , othertimes rubbish.
and the Interceptors? I hope they are like the ones on the new website. Cheesy
But I doubt it. Sad

I need some air.
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #26 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Lightcudder wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:08pm:
Fat chance. at least it won't be full of smokers and blonde's bums! Shocked
I don't mind lots of good hardware.. SFX will probably be better than models (be careful here, louise!) but Moonbase was SO good and so was Skydiver ( from outside!)
The mobiles were sometimes great , othertimes rubbish.
and the Interceptors? I hope they are like the ones on the new website. Cheesy
But I doubt it. Sad

I can't argue with your personal analysis. It is sound. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #27 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Like your Avatar Steve...I have that in my car, on the windscreen under my parking pass ( reg LE05 UFO)... It confuses the parking attendant! But how did you get it in black on white?
  Shocked

I need some air.
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #28 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Lightcudder wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:23pm:
Like your Avatar Steve...I have that in my car, on the windscreen under my parking pass ( reg LE05 UFO)... It confuses the parking attendant! But how did you get it in black on white?
  Shocked

Thanks Cool, your car must look cool with them on it. Smiley

I google searched and found at these links:  Shocked

http://www.shadowlocked.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:ufo-...

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/news/002_Jan_2010/shado_new_logo.jpg

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing, Steve!  The new logo is cool!  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Add Poll Send Topic