SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: latest news! (Read 8175 times)
Steve Gerard
Recruit

Re: latest news!
Nov 11th, 2010 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Whenever the UFO movie finally begins filming is when I will celebrate. Undecided

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
nd I will celebrate when I sit in the cinema, the lights go down, the screen lights up and I see the sort of image that i saw at the beginning of LOTR.. and knew that it was actually going to WORK !!

That first wonderful  realistaion that it was actually true to the  books.. and that continued.. oh Rivendell! Helm's Deep, such magnificence!

Will I feel the same when  I see Harlington Straker, Moonbase, Alec, and........................... Ed??  Probably not, but.....

I can hope, can't I? Sad

I need some air.
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Lightcudder wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 8:24pm:
nd I will celebrate when I sit in the cinema, the lights go down, the screen lights up and I see the sort of image that i saw at the beginning of LOTR.. and knew that it was actually going to WORK !!

That first wonderful  realistaion that it was actually true to the  books.. and that continued.. oh Rivendell! Helm's Deep, such magnificence!

Will I feel the same when  I see Harlington Straker, Moonbase, Alec, and........................... Ed??  Probably not, but.....

I can hope, can't I? Sad

Yes, I echo your thoughts...hope too. Wink

IP Logged

Teddy
Recruit

UFO Rocks!

Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 11:52am
Print Post  
What I really hope is that the trilogy keeps the flame alive, not only building on the idea, but that the interceptors and other non-living components are extremely close to the original, I want to think i've got a second chance to enjoy this amazing concept, not just a glimer of the idea with technology blasting the basic but brilliant idea to a higher level so we scrabble to compare it with the series we originally fell in love with, and I hope the new actors are not bigger than the stories themselves.

IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Hi Teddy,

I actually hope this one will stay firmly in the box and NOT GET MADE by now.

With a director who is a special effects freak (instead of a director), a budget which will not attract GOOD actors (and I don't mean stars or starlets, I mean good actors, those who can act their way out of a paper bag) and obviously already now too much emphasis on the machinery rather than the people and stories, well - it hardly will be anything worth mentioning. In a worst case scenario the film will burn the old series into the ground and make it a ridiculed item for anyone mentioning it.

Additionally I resent the current tagline that the whole series will be re-enacted and set up anew. Duh.

IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Hi K-k,

Quote:
I'll celebrate when it's out of the hands of the editors and released to the public ...

As so often you have it right. With movies nothing is sure until the movie actually is about to hit the theatres, and sometimes not even then  Shocked

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
A Happy New Year to all of us here will be this new  UFO  movie beginning principle photography. Huh

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
It is so disappointly that the UFO movie was announced and now this production seems hopeless. Sad

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
My own observation is that any time a film production fails to 'take off running' doesn't take off at all.

I seriously doubt we're ever going to see a UFO movie - not from this crew.  Cry

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I have to agree, Deb. And maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. It would be a shame to have them make a movie that doesn't do justice to the series.

But I'm beating a dead horse here.Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2012 at 10:22pm by SHADO Librarian »  

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Librarian wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:12pm:
My own observation is that any time a film production fails to 'take off running' doesn't take off at all.

I seriously doubt we're ever going to see a UFO movie - not from this crew.  Cry

Agree. Cry Sad, but seemingly very true. Sad

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Should we hold our breath? Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #13 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Call me crazy Wink, but I am willing to give the producers all of 2013 to complete the production of this UFO film. However, that is where I draw the line, because 2014 better be the release date in theaters. Undecided

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #14 - May 21st, 2013 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
I think the only way a new reboot UFO film will ever get made is if a [powerful] successful director wants to make it such as J.J.Abrams with Star Trek. Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Add Poll Send Topic