SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: What do you want to see in the new film? (Read 31415 times)
dragon
Ex Member

Re: What do you want to see in the new film?
Reply #45 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
<blink, blink> and where exactly does that leave me??? tentacles, kitchen tables and anime intrusions ... LOL. Frankly, the eyes have it where Straker is concerned. The intensity has to be there. And if they're doing straker as old and bitter with Paul as young and studly, it's gonna be a vid only movie for me. sigh. can't they ever get it right with a remake? (still like their casting for Virginia ... LOL)

Sounds like they're missing the whole point of UFO/SHADO which was melding the disparate pieces into a functional whole.

This is why we write fan fic, the movies in our brains.  Cheesy (er, yes, my muse is bipolar, why do you ask?)

btw, welcome aboard Guina.

d

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #46 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
You had to go and mention kitchen tables didn't you. Grin

You never know they might have learned from the mess and waste of money that was Thunderbirds.. adn they might just produce something half-way decent... I 'll settle for halfway decent anyway!

if they are serious about doing a trilogy ( and a tent-pole trilogy at that!)  (to hold up the rest of the failing studios I suppose....) they had better do their research

my muse isn't bipolar.... just masochistic.

I need some air.
IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I'm beginning to think my muse has multiple personality syndrome, some of them bipolar, some of them schizophrenic and a couple are downright psychotic ... LOL.

and you're the one with the kitchen table fixation ...  Grin

<ducking and running now>

d

IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Reply #48 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Alan Rickman as Straker - THERE's An Idea!

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Alan would have the sarcasm, but oh my!  Hugo!!!!!!!  Shocked

Now there's a Straker I could believe in!  OMG!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

The eyes, the voice, the wit, the voice!  And did I mention the voice?  Wink

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Drooling on the other side of the keyboard ... Depp ... OMG

Actually, Rickman as Straker and Depp as Alec ... <quick, i need a drool bucket!> Those two would play off each other ... Ack! Ack! <channeling martians now>

Oh, heavens ... my brain is about to explode. (Unfortunately, there's no way Depp would have time to do this and he's expensive. So is Rickman. <le sigh> however, I can always do UFO2010 and use them as my prototypes ... <snicker> or we all can... well, if you like Depp and Rickman, anyway)

There's always YouTube ... <insane giggles>

running away now before my muse gets wind of any of this.

d

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Oh, Dragon!  Wouldn't that be fun?  Rickman as Straker and Johnny as Alec!  OMG!  Shocked
*snicker*snicker*snicker*

I simply must do a storyline from that!  *sigh*  Your'e such an inspiration, you know?

(Actually I did model Jake from the Devilsgate stories after Johnny.  But what fun he'd be as Alec!)  :Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #52 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Whitfield......

Still love the eyes.

Still love the look

Still fancy him as Straker.

Grin

Sod it.  still fancy him -  full stop!

I need some air.
IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Reply #53 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Just had a totally off-the wall idea:

Alan Rickman as Jackson!

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #54 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Oh that I could really go for!

great idea! Cheesy

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Oooooh!   Shocked  Wouldn't he be awesome!  Something like a cross between the Sheriff of Nottingham and Severus Snape! *snicker*  Oh, and add in a little Hans Gruber for fun!

Woo-hoo!  Smiley

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ...

drool

ack ack

Ye gods and little fishes.

Woot!

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Aug 2nd, 2010 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
I'm afraid I have to side with Guina on this (Whitfield) ... besides he's too young ... but he does look good in blood and dirt ...

Great eyes, but very much the pretty boy, unfortunately. I don't have an alternate suggestion. (Actually, I do, but he's a little long in the tooth and doesn't have blue eyes and might have been better for Alec: Bruce Willis.)

Shoot, I don't follow much on the younger actors these days. (I could have cast Ford nicely, but the actor I'm thinking of died a few years ago. <sigh>) I know, not helpful.) I do agree that Straker needs to have depth of character and not a modelly face. (Hugh Jackman, Patrick Swayze ... what is it with me and dead actors????)

And he needs to act. (Thus rickman and depp ... shoot, there goes the drool issue again)

Technically, if they're gonna do Paul and Virginia as the main characters, Straker becomes supporting cast, which is majorly annoying when Straker is the one with all the background. Maybe they'll make Paul less annoying.

Off to do research ... (Oh dear, totally against type but casting the actor who played Bob in Dresden would be nice. He does world weary so nicely and if Straker isn't going to be front and center, he'd do a great job of scene stealing in the background)

LOL

d

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #58 - Aug 2nd, 2010 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
The movie will totally draw tons of air through a small openning at high speed unless Straker is in the center! Angry He has to be, he built SHADO.

And this is coming from a hard core Virginia fan! Cheesy

I just know they are going to pair her and Paul up, gag me with a spoon! Angry

Dragon I hope you're right and Paul comes across as being mature in the movie! :Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Aug 2nd, 2010 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
There are Paul fans ... not a lot, but there are some. The actor playing him for the movie is good. And Larter as Virginia will be good, probably less icy and more heat, which will play off Foster well. The problem is, if the crew doesn't see Straker as pivotal, they're not gonna front and center him. Since they haven't cast Alec yet, or not as far as I can tell, I really think it will be Paul and Virginia being showcased, thus losing the strength that Straker brings to the mix. Well, a mature Paul, would help, but it looks like they're emphasizing the adventure part of it rather than the overall issues of SHADO's problems of being essentially black ops (what would straker have given for the MIB memory erasers? Can't you just see him greening out a bit if he found out about them. Then again, finding out about the entire MIB set up would probaly have sent SHADO into a tailspin. EEEEEK! now I have an idea of recruiting SHADO to ... EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeK! Breathe, just breathe.)

d

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Add Poll Send Topic