SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Welcome Blue Shrew and cpt mank (Read 10714 times)
Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Welcome Blue Shrew and cpt mank
Mar 4th, 2011 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the SHADO Writers' Guild Forum. We don't bite (much) - usually when we've been startled out of a very nice dream.  Shocked

So come tell us about yourselves.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: Welcome Blue Shrew and cpt mank
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Greetings to all the newcomers! Being crazy is not required, but it does help! Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Blue Shrew
Lieutenant

Did I wake you, Alec?

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Thank you Matt. Looks around with beady eyes and whiskers twitching.
Remembering someone who KILLED my Alec Freeman, with cancer!!! Angry
Surely it could not be such a nice man as you. Grin
Heard that you are doing a cross over with Voyage to the bottom of the Sea. :Smiley :Smiley
Will scurry over and give it a look

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Don't I know you from somewhere? Now I remember, you're the S----L----O----W  picky  beta that dared to tell Amelia and I that our manuscript was less than a masterpiece. Angry
  Grin

Mr. Write Rat

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
The minute I saw your profile I knew I was in trouble. *grin* But fear not, in my main storyline Alec is alive and well, although he will find himself indebted to Dr Jackson! Cheesy

And yes, I am still working on that one, (Voyage xover) it's going to be quite a ride! Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Welcome, welcome!  Smiley  Most of us are friendly here.  And the ones who aren't, you figure out soon enough.  Cheesy  Are you writers, readers, or any sort of combination of the two?  Shocked

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Blue Shrew
Lieutenant

Did I wake you, Alec?

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Thank you for the nice welcome, Nessierie
I am a reader foremost and on occasion a Beta.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Pretender and UFO are my favs.
Harriman, Sydney, and Alec are my favs.
And yes I read S - L - O - W, as I read every word and catch when the word "sun" is used when "son" should have been. Grin
One of these days I will write my two stories that I am always working on

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Sounds wonderful!  Editing is such a fun job!  Since I nearly had a double major in both Nuclear Physics and English, I do my own editing when I write.  Grammatical errors drive me crazy!  Cheesy  Sadly, my beta tester daughter needs spell-check constantly!  (I don't know where my genes went with her sometimes!)  Seriously though, she has written her own murder mystery novel and is currently looking for an agent.  Why use her as a beta tester if I don't need the editor (you may ask)?  Well, the truth is that she always catches it when I leap way over my readers heads and leave them spinning in the dust wondering how I got from point A to point B!  :Smiley  Which I used to do a lot more often that I do now.  She's training me well.  Smiley  And since I raised her to be read aloud to, she simply loves it when I read my stories to her as I write them.  It's a win-win situation!  Cool

I don't remember Voyage well, since my childhood memories are sparse (except for watching UFO!)  And I haven't seen the Pretender at all, although it looks interesting, so I may have to check it out.  But I think you can tell by now that I love UFO!  Wink  Even more than Star Trek, which I have been a fan of since TOS.  In fact, several of my UFO stories may seem to be a bit of a crossover with ST, since I steal use so many references from that universe.  But, no.  I have not yet written my own UFO/ST crossover.  Although I hope to one day.  :Smiley  Deb's UFO/ST:TOS crossover truly inspired me, but since I prefer Picard to Kirk (don't hit me, Deb!), I think I'd like to do a UFO/ST:TNG crossover.  I just haven't come up with a plot for it yet.  I hope that being on this forum will soon inspire you to finish the stories you're writing.  We'd love to read them!  Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I almost forgot!  It's good to meet another Alec fan!  I always felt the later episodes -- although cooler in plot ideas -- lacked the essential Alec touch.  There was simply nothing quite like the friendship he had with The Man!  I've been fortunate enough in my life to have a few friendships like that, and so I'm aware that they are very rare -- and very special.

I portray Alec many different ways in my stories, depending on my mood or the mood of the characters at the time I'm writing.  But one thing never changes.  He's always devoted to his best friend and commander.  Wink  Are any of your stories (by any chance) about Alec?

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Blue,
God, I feel so bad now about letting Alec die in my Hewett series. At least it wasn't at the hands of the aliens, and he didn't die alone. (Matt begs forgiveness) In my Soul Mates saga, Alec gets a new love interest, Ed's younger sister Barbara and she has the fire and sass to tame him. (Blame Denise, it's all her fault. *grin*) You'd probably like my story Heartbreak on the Moskva, as it features Alec quite a bit.

My two favorite characters in Voyage were the Admiral and Chief Sharkey. The one thing that drove me crazy about the show was the unrealistic layout inside Seaview. Irwin Allen never paid attention to that kind of thing. In my crossover I fix much of that as Seaview has just undergone a major redesign and refit. The control room is back under the sail were it belongs and the submarine has an albacore hull shape although it still sports the manta ray fins on the bow. Gone are the long wide hallways with the impossible 90 degreee turns. She's faster, and dives deeper than she did in the TV show. I hope you enjoy it. I'd love to see your stories posted sometime! Smiley

Denise,
I'm thinking of a Star Trek/UFO crossover as well, although I'm thinking of Voyager rather than TNG or TOS. Picture Ginny and Seven of Nine in an adversarial situation and watch the sparks fly! It will probably be in my 2012 storyline, so it's a ways down the road. I didn't know you studied Nuclear Physics, I'm in awe! I can relate to your daughter, I'm lost without my spell-checker, although I'm getting better. Anyway I'd love to see your TNG crossover, after I get my Ed/Ginny story. (hint,hint)  Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We don't bite (much) - usually when we've been startled out of a very nice dream.

Kind of like what happened to Ginny in my last story. Grin Couldn't resist! Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 5:12pm:
Picture Ginny and Seven of Nine in an adversarial situation and watch the sparks fly! Cheesy

Are you kidding?  I want to see Janeway and Straker!!!!  Shocked Kiss Shocked Kiss Shocked

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 5:12pm:
Blue,
God, I feel so bad now about letting Alec die in my Hewett series. At least it wasn't at the hands of the aliens, and he didn't die alone.

Hey!  It was important to the storyline!  And I never did say decisively that he died.  I left it up to the reader to choose.  :Smiley  Honestly.  [That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.]  Tongue

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you kidding?  I want to see Janeway and Straker!!!!

Now that would be a hoot! Cheesy

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

my take on Colonel Freeman for our beta
Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Cheesy I want the following story, Matt   Wink

"Ten years! I've given ten years of etc etc to get SHADO running the way I want it and I won't let some young punk like you mess it up!"
(raises handgun)

Foster backs away.

You hear the spit of gunfire. Foster now looks like swiss cheese gone rancid. Straker watches Foster go thud. Straker looks up, but you get the feeling he didn't need to.

"Alec, I do have the right to wear a small arms expert medal on my chest, I hardly would have missed Foster."

"I had the feeling you'd do something stupid, like deliberately miss him, to cause him to crack, giving him an opportunity to break free of the Kill Straker programming." Alec returns gun filled with glaser slugs to his hip holster. "It might not have worked out but you'd overlook that possibility, Commander, and get yourself killed."

"I can see how it might happen." Straker wears the tinest trace of a guilty as charged expression on his face.

"Nobody says what he said to my friend and Commanding officer, and lives. Come on, I'll get maintenance to throw out the trash, and I'll buy us coffee up top."

"Alec."

"I don't want one of your lectures, Commander."

"I was just going to say I'll pay for the coffee."

Can you tell I never cared for Foster?
Grin
Huh not canon Shocked Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send Topic