SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Normandie? (Read 11776 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: Normandie?
Reply #30 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Kitchen table? Smiley hmm.......oh never mind! Wink

(Matt runs away very quickly before he's forced to explain!) :Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #31 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
MATT!!!!! Shocked

NO! Cheesy

reminds me of the bit in Valentines Kiss with... oh forget it! Smiley

I need some air.
IP Logged

Normandie
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #32 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:44pm:
You mentioned Catherine Stewart, I loved "By Invatation Only". It was a great back story for Ginny. Smiley

I remember that one and I just nipped over to the library to see if it is still there. It is. Worth a re-read I think.

dragonhavn wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 8:14pm:
The Skulls of Xhia Khum has joined my other stuff at the Library.

The Skulls of... I see why you keep losing control of your vowels.  Wink I skim read that last night before I went to bed. I'm going to have to read it properly and do some research to see how much of it is Cthulhu universe. I seem to remember you sent me off on an H P Lovecraft reccie once before.

denisefelt wrote on Jul 7th, 2010 at 2:21am:
However, FYI, I have a new Saga with 6 stories in it that feature a certain fun Brit whose name is Louise. 

I have read some of those, Denise - when I've spotted links in my SHADO message digest - but I've not read all of them so they're on my "to read" list.

As are the vast number of other stories that you're all busy writing. I cannot believe how prolific you all are - and such high quality too. It's impressive, intimidating, and very exciting and I'm just sorry I've only discovered the forum in the middle of my busiest few months.

dragonhavn wrote on Jul 7th, 2010 at 3:38pm:
Normandie: I'm glad you can cope. When I write adult, it's really x-rated. Somehow, only the one chapter went that way, but it was definitely necessary to the plot ...

Definitely plot-relevant. And I loved the little surprise at the end.

I only object to written sex when it's in place of a plot, not when it is relevant to it. Oh, okay, I suppose I object to sex when it's badly written. But I guess Laurell K Hamilton isn't a member here so I can say that. Wink (I really need to find a tongue-in-cheek smiley).

I am so enjoying dipping into everyone's ongoing stories; I'm just sorry I don't have the time to do them justice at the moment.  Sad

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Yeah.  We're all dealing with sensory overload at the moment with all these great stories to read and so little time free to read them.  I keep thinking the inspiration will trickle off after a while, at least so that I can take a breath between writing stories, but so far it only seems to make us write that much faster! 
But as much as we complain, I don't think anyone is ready for all the fun to stop.  Cheesy

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
<< I skim read that last night before I went to bed. I'm going to have to read it properly and do some research to see how much of it is Cthulhu universe. I seem to remember you sent me off on an H P Lovecraft reccie once before...>>

Uhm, probably the Kane Texts  Smiley as I recall Caleb done annoyed Keith with the universe once. I do, of course, expand upon the original, as did a number of other writers. I'm gonna do it again, but first I have to destroy Paul's face and get the middle of Second Cousins done. Oh, and I really should finish Collateral Damage, as that one is really short. (The Skulls got away from me ...  Sad  )

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the writing.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
You're gonna destroy Paul's face?  Shocked

Cool.  Cool

Can't wait.  :Smiley

(Um, when did you say you were going to do this?)  :Smiley :Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #36 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that's the ticket. Pick on Paul for a while!. I've actully been being nice to him since I had Ginny give him the what for in A Matter of Principle. I am going to beat on him a bit in Silver Star! Cheesy

Louise, I think everyone has a "table story" to tell, or tent in the woods, or midnight swim, or........  :Smiley

Darn smoke coming out of swoon meter, needs application of cold water! Grin

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
well, half of it. Weapon Test ... explosions, heroic measures, saving lives, losing face (literally), still ... works out in the end.

<g>

Working on it as soon as I recover from my 4th of July weekend which included my younger daughter's 21st B'Day and hours of holding Zoe. (Zoe is seven months on the 10th). First G'Kid. A little impressed there.  Grin

meanwhile, other ideas burbling in the background. Manic muse in charge. fanficfairy batting practice scheduled .... LOL Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #38 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
First Grandchild! Smiley Congratulations! Smiley

I think everyones muse is working overtime! Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #39 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Mine went on strike.  Angry

I'm frantically rewriting.  Sad

But .. I'm getting there ...slowly.... Smiley

I hope i don't have any children to teach tomorrow!! Cheesy

Dragon....Space Hotel idea now being used.. President going there instead! More sensible?

I need some air.
IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Space Hotel, kewl. Paul's having darkling thoughts about Ford (I think it's called foreshadowing ... LOL) and is off to Scotland to find out why the supplier has fallen off the planet and taken his supplies with him <g> And the poor guy is trying to be nice ... LOL.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send Topic