SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Normandie? (Read 11606 times)
Neesierie
Ex Member

Normandie?
Jul 6th, 2010 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
So.  Okay.  New member.  Tell us your story.  We want to know how much you love UFO!  Wink

Come on.  You can tell us.  We're crazy fanatics too!  Cheesy

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Re: Normandie?
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
we are? sssshhhhhh! we're not supposed to let them know yet.

d

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Oh no! the white van has pulled up outside my house and here come the men in white coats!!!

Still, it could be worse... they could be in red space suits with green gloopy-filled helmets!

Smiley

Come on Normandie.... details!!!  Shocked

For your information;
I'm louise. I'm ever-so-slightly crazy about UFO

and I live ...near... (thank heavens not IN, but near).. Blackpool.
  (twinned with Sodom and Gomorrah) Sad

Married.. three daughters..all grown up and moved away.. though not too far! Grin

Who's next?

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Oh.  I see.  Give a little to get a little.  Okay.  I'm game.

I'm Denise.  I have an adoring hubby and 3 kids, all grown up and in the process of giving me grandkids.  And 4 grandkids so far, who happen to be the most beautiful grandkids in the history of the world!  (Of course, I'm not a doting gramma!  ME?  Never!)

I write fanfic for UFO, because nothing else I try to write ever gets finished.  *sigh*  If it's not about a certain tall blonde man with shades, I just can't stay interested.

So, ready to tell us a bit now?  Huh

IP Logged

Normandie
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
denisefelt wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 3:22pm:
So.  Okay.  New member.  Tell us your story. 

Er, me? <looks-around-nervously>

Smiley

I live in Normandie, France and I -

Well, it'll have to wait because I think my next lot of guests are arriving. I run a chambres d'hôte (b&b) in Basse Normandie, France - and I think the latest flock of victims guests just drove in.

Later.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
And I'm dragon. I write fan fic. At the moment, UFO fan fic because I'm on a roll and finishing up things that have languished in limbo for several years. Married. Three kids. One grandkidlet (Zoe). I pick on characters pretty much without regard to rank or amount of time on screen.

I write because I can. (Rather than the DesCartian version of thinking equals existance. Although there are probably days when the characters really wish I'd pursued philosophical arguments instead of them.)  Cheesy

Welcome to the Forum.

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Looks like Normandie will fit right in ...  Grin

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Welcome, Normandie!  Smiley

B&Bs are so fun!  (Well, if you're not the one in charge, I mean.  But as a guest!)  Does your B&B have a website, so that we can see what it looks like?  I ask because I live in a historical town with several B&Bs, and they all have websites.  So, can we take a peek into the life of Normandie?  Shocked

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
And I'm Matt, greatly out numbered by the ladies, and certainly not working on all thrusters! Grin

Oh, I'm married, no children. My wife and I were late bloomers! Grin

I started writing again at the beginning of the year, after a twenty some year break. One of these days I'll finish my Star Trek story but I'm having way to much fun with UFO! Cheesy

And I've met some great friends! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Star Trek...You NEVER mentioned writing a Star Trek story Matt....... we might seriously have to re-consider your eliigibiliitiiyiii ( heavens that's a hard word to type.. my fingers got all knotted and I couldnt stop typing iiii) for this forum! Sniggering again here

Which Star trek world by the way?.. if its DS9 .....  OUT! NOW

Grin

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
You didn't like DS9?, I didn't until they brought Worf in. But my story was on TOS. The prologue opened right after "Where No Man has gone before". Grin

UFO is much more fun to write! Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Oy! I liked DS9 ... my favorite ferengi is on that station! (Actually, my three favorite ferengi are on that station!) Favorite ep: dax and warf; quark and his klingon "wife". (twisted dragon abruptly considering a klingon addition to SHADO ... oh what a tangled web we weave, the webs to spiders we should leave ...)

dragon

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
UFO is also much less crowded on the ff front <g> Grin

IP Logged

Normandie
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #13 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Right, normal service being resumed temporarily and all that.

I was directed to this forum by Louise - thank you  Smiley - and as I'm a chatty soul I couldn't resist joining in immediatelyEmbarrassed

I saw UFO when it was first shown in the UK. I was about 16 at the time and 16 is a vulnerable age for a girl. <tongue-in-cheek> I was just swept away by UFO and the commanding presence of Ed Straker and I lost at least one boyfriend because of my total refusal to go out on Saturday evenings until UFO had finished. Asking if he'd mind me calling him "Ed" and demanding he cut his hair short and bleached it were probably other nails in that particular relationship coffin. Common or garden boyfriends were no loss. Missing my hour of UFO would have been intolerable.

I was already a scifi / fantasy fan via Doctor Who (the early years) Gerry Anderson puppetry, Star Trek etc, and then UFO, Blake's 7, Sapphire & Steel, Doomwatch (that was sorta tomorrow's scifi) all appealed to me.

Nowadays I love Buffy, Stargate, (new) BSG, Babylon 5, Farscape - and preposterous shows like Alias, 24 - but no single character has ever had the impact Ed Straker did.

I read lots of scifi / fantasy, I write very little. Years ago I did a few short drafts of UFO stories - but Mary Sue-ed shamelessly and embarassingly so they will never see the light of anyone else's pc screen. My trouble is that I can never find anything interesting and original enough to be a plot around which to weave potential characters.

I do write though (I entered NaNoWriMo last November and achieved about 38,000 words before the characters mutinied and went off and did their own thing off-plot) - and I have a wildlife and small-holding blog which goes with my cdh site and yes, Neesierie, I do have a website but I'm a bit wary about publishing a link here just because I'm new and also - tbh - because so many people Google their accommodation choices nowadays, I'm careful about what can be tracked back to my business life.

I've been a member of Marc's UFO group for about 12 years, haunted the Shado Library for probably the same period of time, and particularly liked work by Neesierie (I loved the Conover series), Dragon - because she wrote interesting cross-overs with shows I'd never heard of (Raven is a character I'd not encountered and liked the sound of) and also because I liked what she did with Mary Straker (a much maligned character imo!), Catherine Stewart (loved the Casterville family of characters and she had a witty, playful Straker in Cloudeye), Jessica Ramage - well, the list goes on! I'm still very disappointed that Jeff Stone didn't finish his story arc because I thought it had such potential. 

So, that's a bit about me and (just!) a few of my likes and dislikes. TMI already?  Grin

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #14 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Yes the FanFiction site has not got a lot on it for UFO.. unlike Thunderbirds.. which I checked out today.. ye gods there's some heavy stuff on there.

Someone has written over 300,000 words  Smiley on Alan and Fermat (?) at school. and some of the stuff is dire, as well as being heavily into the 'angst' genre. Mumps measles, meningitis, malaria......Alan has had them all - and unfortunately survived!
( I don't like Alan!) I've stopped writing for Thunderbirds for a while because,although you get masses of readers, the overall quality of the stories is dropping and I can't face another 'Tracy sister' or 'Alan illness' story! There are also loads of stories that are posted over several months or even years!

I prefer the Shado Library..really  nicely organised, easy to read and find works in different ways; Author/title/Challenge/adult etc although I miss not being able to edit stories once they are up there and it is rather encouraging to know whether people have been reading one's stories. That's one minor advantage of FanFIction.

I'm tempted to post stories when complete on the old Writers Guild site, as it is easier than doing TOCs especially as we seemto be churning producing so many stories here now.  I keep forgetting to update my database so that I can keep track of what I have written , what is finished and posted and where , and what needs to be posted.!

Just on another point. I tried drawing Ed today , smiling ( him smiling.. not me smiling as I tried to draw him!) I can't do it. Does he EVER smile in UFO apart from Confetti check or with John at the beginning of Q of P? 

Smiling Ed Straker   oxymoron! Smiley

I need some air.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send Topic