SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FDK Writer's Block - Ch. 2 (Read 10228 times)
Neesierie
Ex Member

FDK Writer's Block - Ch. 2
May 31st, 2010 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Here's the place to post comments on the second chapter.  Are you liking it so far?  Smiley
Yours,
Denise

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: FDK Writer's Block - Ch. 2
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2010 at 4:38am
Print Post  
I like it! Ed is probably taking Foster to keep him (Paul) out of trouble! Smiley

Matt

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2010 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Oh my! Denise.... blankie! what a lovely image!! Actually there are so many delightful little bits that stand out in this.. I love the two different Ed's that Alec sees..... sod it..I'm going to have to take my time, sit down with a notepad and pen and do a proper review ..
That's the great thing about this site..... being able to add to reviews!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Ed reading a smutty book! What an image! and Paul not understanding! Love the way this is working out.
There are so many hints that we are in for a roller coater of a story here Denise! Great Stuff!!
  Grin
Louise Smiley

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Of course Ed Straker would understand where Foster would not have a clue! Spot on Denise!  Smiley And I wouldn't expect Paul to know that smutt and romance are worlds apart. Grow up Paul!!  Smiley

Nice job Denise! Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Well, there's a lot more to romance novels than sex scenes!  But somehow I don't see Paul as a reader, do you?  *snicker*  And it is true that you can know a great deal about a writer from the way they write.  Straker's just being his typical self and doing research!  Grin

Glad you're enjoying the story!  I think I've figured out the scene I was worried about.  I'll do more with it today and post it.
Yours,
Denise

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Hmmm Paul as a reader ... well, yes and no. Test pilots are not stupid, but they tend to read technical stuff and non-fiction. I could see Paul keeping quiet that he also knows a lot about the 10th century, or 19th century warfare, or the history of avionics because he's read almost nothing else since he was 8. Smut/romance novels, no. I could also see him doing knitting or needle point in his off time (when not in the company of anyone else) except I think they tagged him with photography. Which means that the island may drag the photographer's eye out in him without native ladies to inspire. (I'd think he might actually get into the underwater photography thing.)

You're giving me ideas, that's not good! LOL.

d

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Just read the next part! It is all about the coffee! Smiley The lady sure knows how to charm Ed! Smiley

Matt Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Thius is about Chapters 3 and 4... I'll delete it later if you put up a separate thread.!

Love the scene with Paul at night, Wink buthe best part is Ed and Denise... the gradual build up of the attraction, the walk
on the beach in the moonlight... :Smiley. drool!
I really liked his thoughts about retirement and growing roses and about the moon...  and there are the hints again that Denise is not all she seems to be! A delightfully emotional story. Smiley
Lovely!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: FDK Writer's Block
Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
No.  I'm going to leave the thread right here.  It's easier that way.  And like Straker, I prefer easy!  Wink  Glad you liked the latest.  I had a very fun time last night writing.  (As I'm sure you can tell!)  I made Straker a bit older for this story, so that we wouldn't be the same age.  (Or have me older than him!  Gak!)  So this story takes place sometime in the 1990's.  Probably.   :Smiley

Denise

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #10 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
And Paul still hasn't settled down! :Smiley And Ed is a perfect gentleman!

Nice job Denise! Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #11 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
OOOH Exciting! What is it with these islanders and where is the UFO and why does Leona (?) have an injured leg. and why....... Too many questions Denise.. hurry up and answer them!! Please!
  Shocked

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Now, come on, Matt!  With jobs like theirs, what are the odds of them ever settling down to wedded bliss?  Ford might be able to do it.  He's good at multitasking, and Sulu managed it while racing around the universe.  But the Command Team?  No way!

Denise

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #13 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hey come on Denise.... ALec settling down? no way.. far too selfcentred and flighty, Paul too egotistical, but Ed.. I can see him settling down with  the right woman.  All love and passion and bliss.  he's a man of deep deep emotions..and they are the BEST!
Go on....tell me you don't agree....I dare you!! Angry

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah, but he's the exception to the rule.  And the only way he can carry it off is to 1) retire and then get married, or 2) marry someone who he can bring into SHADO to work with him.  (Can you guess which option I'm using for the current story?)  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo