SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: What do you want to see in the new film? (Read 30430 times)
Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: What do you want to see in the new film?
May 26th, 2010 at 11:05am
Print Post  
I want absolutely beautiful cinematography!  Cool  The series was so visually stunning that it will be a let-down if the movie is gritty or 'realistic.'  I know, I don't ask for much.  Undecided
Denise

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 26th, 2010 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Pity Peter Jackson isn't helming it. Then you could get gritty, realistic and stunning all in one package. (Hey, Straker got gritty periodically). I agree, no hairy chest, please. (Oh, wait, we have to please Yuctar also, so maybe we'll put up with a little hairy chest ... peeking through bandages with Paul in traction and done up like a bad mummy movie character ... ?  Cheesy sort of big screen hurt/comfort?)

What do I want in a UFO movie? a lead in to another movie. I think three would be nice, with a positive ending (not necessarily a win over the aliens in a permanent fashion, but a "yes, we have the ability to kick*ss!" sort of ending)

Cool

d

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2010 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
That sounds really good to me!  Smiley  I think they are planning on making a trilogy, which would be abso-tively wonderful if they pull it off!  Smiley

But they MUST have the right Straker!!!!  Or none of it will work.  Cry
Yours,
Denise

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2010 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I want silver lycra in Moonbase, Straker in sunglasses, Paul Foster in the background, aliens in red suits, heavy thunderous music (Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore) Great CGI and a story that is true to the series...... don't want a lot do I?
A story that is a mix of  Identified, Exposed and Kill Straker would be the best!
Perhaps that should be the next challenge after Lines...... Grin Grin Smiley

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2010 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Let us write it!

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2010 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Seriously, a well written story! Care in casting, especially Straker!  Cool

And please, don't pair Ginny up with Paul! I know she's not going to be with Ed, I've accepted that.  Sad

Put her with Alec,  Keith, Lew, anyone but Paul!   :Smiley

Matt

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2010 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Seriously?
Ok then.
Story starts off with UFO attack on ISS.(2010)  NASA sends up Shuttle to investigate. Straker in command ( Andy Whitfield? Still thinking about casting him)
Discover confirmation of evidence of UFOs. Meets with governments, SHADO set up. ( No Henderson - yet?)
based under very succesful film studios on outskirts London. ( has to be really!)
2020; Alec Freeman ( Russel Crowe? .. bit old? ActuallyJeff Goldblum...?) wakes up in bed next to .... ? goes to work .. as film executive. set the scene for: Shado HQ. Straker on sound stages already, both get called out for 'meeting' (UFO)
YEs, we have to have the office elevator.. in a way;
possibly a secret door into a small lift with additional security. enter SHADO HQ. modern... very very modern! ANd no tight cat suits! Uniforms Grey  and simple?
Action sequence; UFO attack. bring in Skydivers, etc.
Okay ; That's the beginning. Someone else carry on? or rewrite?!
If the film is going to be true to the series, then there will haev to be a lot of overlap,and the necessary introductions to the 'hardware'.
Straker's car? well,,, tlet me think about that. Perhaps a Mercedes C111 ( vintage! Gull wing doors!)
I'll think seriously about casting people later!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2010 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
I still think Michael Ironside would make a good Henderson, he has done military roles before, quite well! He's a tad youger that Grant Taylor was but that shouldn't be a problem.

Music? Hans Zimmer, outstanding choice!

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2010 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Sorry, Straker's car.... new Mclaren MP4-12C... drool factor 12+ !
Come on guys... carry my script on!

or do you wna tme to do it? Okay then... lets see;/
UFO lands... abducts Straker's son...... now that would be interesting!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2010 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Paul Foster gets recruited and pulls on of his boneheaded stunts early on. Right away Straker snaps him back like a rubber band, and makes him tow tha mark!  Wink Snap to Paul! No free ride for you this time. The aliens launch a mass attack on Moonbase as soon as it goes operational. Lots of damage, this is war!

Okay, whos' next?

Matt  Cool

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2010 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
They have to do a rescue mission to Moonbase ( oh..sorry.. that's my Combined Operations story!)Hey do you  think the screen writers could use some hel;p from us?
Paul Foster  doesn't save the day.. iinstead he gets abducted .. adn they have to rescue him as he knows all about Shado.
Your turn!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2010 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Ginny leads the assault team to rescue Paul. When they get him back to Moonbase (what's left of it) Paul seems different. He tries to put a move on Ginny and she slaps him! She sends him back to Earth for Jackson to evaluate.

On Earth Straker goes to argue with Henderson (I'm still thinking Micheal Ironside as Henderson here, he's a real hard ass.) over the lack of funding for the additional interceptors. They would have made the difference!  Angry

Five UFO's enter the atmosphere, on course for HQ. Peter Carlin launches in Sky 1 to intercept. He manages to get four of them before he is hit. He punches out and one UFO is left heading for HQ!  Shocked

Who's next!  Smiley

Screenwriters? We don't need no stinkin' screenwriters. We'll just write it and send it in!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2010 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
I actually fancy Ed Harris for Henderson ( I fancy Ed Harris anyway, but he'd be a great HEnderson!)

The one UFO that gets through is being controlled by Foster.. don't ask how.. this is sci-fi, anything can happen! Freeman  and Straker have ot prevent Paul from allowinghte UFO to do any furhter damage.. they knock Paul out ( aren't we all mean to Paul!) and then have to send in  the mobiles to destroy the UFo. Unfrotunately the UFO..............?????

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Ed Harris? Never thought of that, great idea! He has the right look and the the military parlance suits him.  Wink

I'll hold off on the UFO to see if anyone else joins in!

Any other takers?  Smiley

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2010 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
The UFO is actually carrying a diplomatic team from the homeworld of the aliens to see if they can help straighten out the situation because all the others were actually part of a criminal network the aliens proper are trying to stop but have had no real success ( think russian mafia and the mob in cahoots)

yes, dragon is twisted.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Add Poll Send Topic