SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Goings-on in Europe (Read 4144 times)
SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Goings-on in Europe
May 6th, 2022 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Yes, that bit of Europe..

Something was mentioned about a well-known anti-semite that I wanted to check. Predictably, it turned out to be nonsense, and I note that an apology has been tendered. But in my wanderings around the Web while I tried to find out what it was all about, my meanderings took me in various directions. And I came across this:

https://www.jta.org/2022/03/01/global/18-things-to-know-about-volodymyr-zelensky...

Scroll down, there are a few video links..

When I'd managed to stop  Smiley, I tried to imagine our own not-so-glorious leader doing anything ilke that. I had to go and lie down for a bit.

I'm not Jewish myself, but 'L'chaim'!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Re: Goings-on in Europe
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2022 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Hey! How's it going, SnowLeopard?
I'll check out your link later.
I just feel it's sad all the way around what's happening over in Ukraine. But I was certainly surprised to find out that their president used to be an actor/comedian. Then again we had President Reagan who was an actor too. I won't even go into his politics. Needless to say I wasn't a fan. LOL!
Take care!
Debbie

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2022 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Hey again, SnowLeopard,
I got into that link you sent and it was very interesting. What really got me was this part on Zelensky. Shows how art can sometimes imitate life. Who would have thought...
"His most prominent acting role foreshadowed his presidency. On the political satire TV show “Servant of the People,” Zelensky played a history teacher so outraged by government corruption that he runs for president — and stuns the country and himself by winning. Produced by Zelensky’s company, the show aired on Ukrainian television from 2015 to 2019, its final episode launching just weeks before Zelensky was himself elected president."
Thanks for that link, I'm going to forward to some other friends.
Take care!
Debbie

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2022 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hi Debbie, good to hear from you! (BTW I'm still brewing, I've sorted the ending for my follow-up...  Shocked )

Yes, I started digging around the Web for stuff about Mr Z, and it's fascinating. My attention was grabbed by this:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/26/ukraine-president-volodymyr-zelensky-declines-us-e...

This man is no mere comedian.... 

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2022 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I tried to reply to what you just posted but didn't see a reply link only to your youtube link.
But I think they should make a t-shirt out of this... "I need ammunition, not a ride."
Also, I know you're still brewing and I can't wait until it's percolated. Wink
Debbie

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2022 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
That youtube link was hilarious. But I can see how he got elected President. Thanks for sharing that with me, SnowLeopard Grin

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #7 - May 14th, 2022 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Not sure what happened to the reply link. But there are t-shirts available... check your favourite 'online retailer'. I may get one!  Shocked Cool Grin

And if I had the photoshop skills, I'd put Ed and Paul in them...  Shocked

Also, did you see this..

https://uk-ua.facebook.com/tanci1plus1/videos/%D1%8F%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0...

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #8 - May 14th, 2022 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I'd like to see Paul and Ed on those shirts too.
Saw that link you gave me again and it looked like he was on their version of Dancing with the Stars. He's really good. Seems like he was pretty good at anything he tried. I just hate to see what he and his country's going through. Thanks again! Smiley

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #9 - May 16th, 2022 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
That new link shows a bit more of the routines. I'm just hoping some fan has uploaded the full version.

Re t-shirts, there are also some which are, er, less than complimentary to the opposition, swapping around the initial letters of Putin and another word.  Shocked

I watched some of Eurovision, and I'm aware that it's not Ukr's first win; but I was intrigued to see Finland reverse its stance re Nato the very next day!

Oh well, back to the brewery...

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #10 - May 16th, 2022 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Yes, it was on the news tonight when I got home from work about Finland and NATO.
I love how you mentioned about those t-shirts and letters being swapped of Putin's name.  Grin. Hee hee! Couldn't happen to a not so nice guy.
And you keep on staying in that brewery til it's done, SnowLeopard! Cheesy

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2022 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   Cool

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
More than a hundred days. Who'd have thought  it. Putin certainly didn't.. and now he's running out of both ammo and troops.

I suspect, too, that the West didn't take our Mr Zel seriously either. The fact that he's still there, declining an offer to evacuate, should tell them something.. Come on, guys, stop faffing about and give them what they need!!

In other news.. I was strolling into town, the other day, mind in idle, and all the bits of my tale started hooking up. I now have the shape and structure, just need to set it down, and give it a title.

Think I'll start with a wedding  :dancingparty   Cool

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2022 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
I agree with everything you said, SnowLeopard. It's just shameful that innocents are losing their lives over a greedy man like Putin.
So... a wedding, huh? Mmmmmm. Curious. It's been a bit since I last read your story but I'm trying to think on who is getting married. I'll feel really stupid when I do eventually read it, I'm sure. Undecided

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 9:27am
Print Post  
There was a scene with Joan and Alec.........   Cool

I'm wondering: should I put him in uniform, and if so, RAF or SHADO? Pity he's not a Scot, AFAIK!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Add Poll Send Topic