SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stuck in the Medical Centre -- oh, my! (Read 8137 times)
Claire
Captain

UFO the original and best!

Re: Stuck in the Medical Centre -- oh, my!
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Neesierie wrote on Apr 24th, 2011 at 12:14pm:
I think bugs have an unfailing knack for biting where it'll do the most damage!  Nasty things!   Undecided

Hope it heals quickly for you!  I'll be sending healing thoughts your way!  Smiley

Thanks Denise, I got them.

Had to go to our minor injuries unit where the doc said it's got infected and is tracking across my leg - oh joy!!!  He wanted me to have oral antibiotics but because I am sensitive to so many he gave me a topical one.  But, he said if it doesn't settle by tomorrow with this I have to go back.  It's so painful walking cos it's just like a huge lump on my leg.  Because it's Easter here everythwre is closed but for one pharmacy this eveing, open for an hour at 5pm.  Have to go get in line now I think heh heh.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Claire,
I didn't get on here at the forum until this morning.  Hope you got the antibiotic okay and your bite is healing well!  Get well soon!  Smiley

Yesterday I felt great, but this morning I'm back to not so great.  But it's going to be a packed week, so I have to keep working no matter how I feel.  Thank God I'm mostly done!  Cool

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Neesierie wrote on Apr 25th, 2011 at 11:24am:
Claire,
I didn't get on here at the forum until this morning.  Hope you got the antibiotic okay and your bite is healing well!  Get well soon!  Smiley

Yesterday I felt great, but this morning I'm back to not so great.  But it's going to be a packed week, so I have to keep working no matter how I feel.  Thank God I'm mostly done!  Cool

Up and about too soon maybe Denise?  Take it easy, rest and get yourself back to 100%.

My leg is still in 'orrible mode, I'm sensitive to a lot of meds and the one I have which I'm ususally ok with is making me out of breath.  I have to put up with it though to get this infection gone.  Doc said it'll be about 7 days  Cry unless it decides to go ballistic in which case I have to go back Sad

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Well, I can tell you that my prayers will be that you're fine by then!  Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Here is good thoughts and prayers for both of you.  Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Yuchtar
Lieutenant

Where are my glasses?

Reply #20 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Sheesh, bad colds and bug bite infections (shudder) Hope all goes well! Hey, those antibiotics can be murder. Before my Dad died, he was bed ridden due to a stroke and developed bad bed sores on his legs which got worse and worse because of his diabetes and the doc gave him some really strong antibiotics which almost killed him.

Sure hope everyone feels better soon!!!!! I'll send along some groovy vibes to help y'all along ...

Smiley

Yeah, I'm a smutty-minded perv - what of it?
IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #21 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Yuchtar wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:52am:
Sheesh, bad colds and bug bite infections (shudder) Hope all goes well! Hey, those antibiotics can be murder. Before my Dad died, he was bed ridden due to a stroke and developed bad bed sores on his legs which got worse and worse because of his diabetes and the doc gave him some really strong antibiotics which almost killed him.

Sure hope everyone feels better soon!!!!! I'll send along some groovy vibes to help y'all along ...

Smiley

Groovy vibin

Groovy imbibin

Don't tell Dr Jackson

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #22 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
I hope everyone is keeping well with the outbreak of COVID-19. Things in the Northeast USA are kind of crazy, but not completely out of control, other than the TP shelves being empty most of the time. Here in RI, we have 54 cases as of this morning, 3/21/20. Both my wife and I are still working as we are considered essential reporters. Jan works at the Outpatient oncology clinic at RI Hospital, and I maintain the state's 800 MHz public safety radio system. With remote access to the system, I can do most of my work from right here at my desk. Most of the sites are um-manned, so my risk for exposure is low. By comparison my wife is in the high risk category.

Hopefully, no one here is being affected, either by the illness, or the economic impact. Stay safe everyone!

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #23 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
I've got my annual bout of bronchitis just as gardening season starts. Luckily I work from home and hubby is retired. I'm hoping the people around here who are much higher risk than I am are able to stay safe and well.

I'm in Washington State and I'm just not bothering with the stats.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #24 - May 5th, 2020 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
The UK having finally got its act together (testing, testing!!) we seem to have 'passed the peak'. Here's hoping we don't have another one. I've been out of the house twice since lockdown........................ I don't want another one when this one lifts!!

Hope everyone is coping with this 'alien invasion'.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Add Poll Send Topic