SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stories (Read 5097 times)
SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Re: Stories
Reply #15 - May 10th, 2013 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Hubby has lost nearly a 100 pounds and is holding his weight down. I have at least 30 more to go, but it's slower going for women. Even the dog has lost weight, which is good since the vet won't do the knee surgery she needs unless she's at optimum weight.

Looking forward to reading your newest work when you're ready.  Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #16 - May 11th, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Good for you, Deb! And your hubby! Trying to lose weight sucks, I'm in the same boat. At six feet and with my frame, I can handle up to about 200 lbs. When I got on the Doc's scale and tipped it to 255, I knew I had to do something before it got too far out of control. Short term plan, cut the Coke, the extra extra in the coffee, double burgers, late night snacks, i.e. Klondike Bars. I dropped 15 lbs just by doing that. My first goal is to get down to 225, i figure if I take things in steps, I won't get discouraged as easy.

Amelia, Ed, your new story idea sounds cool! Looking forward to reading it. I need to get back to my time travel story, the one I started over a year ago. I've been busy with other things, as of late. In March, I joined the Astronomical Society of Rhode Island, better known as The Skyscrapers, and I've been writing for the newsletter. http://www.theskyscrapers.org/matt-white?type=950112 Not much there yet, but I just finished an article about my life experience as an amateur astronomer. It should be published in the newsletter (and the website) next month.

Denise, now that you have your own space (isn't that so freeing) I look forward to reading some more of your work. I trust you are settled nicely in your new place.

June is always a busy time of year for me. The third weekend is when the ARRL Field Day is held and our informal radio group take that event very seriously. (We start planning for next year the week after the event.) A friend of mine once called it "organized insanity" a term that fits quite well.

Matt

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #17 - May 13th, 2013 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
We used the Eat this not that series of books to lose weight. I recommend Skinny Cow when you're in the mood for ice cream. However, yesterday husband brought home Ben and Jerry Boston Cream Pie flavor ice cream and Annie organic pretzels with sea salt. We were celebrating his improving health. It may be temporary but we'll make the most of it.
Slash is a character in our story, and Alec is not fond of him ... Angry    The Commander runs into his darling ex in this too. Literally running into her with the Shado car is what Alec prefers, but sadly no. Not in this story anyway.  Cheesy
So I should have five or six works coming up. No eta at the moment.
Off to go have Greek yogurt from the fridge and then  Ed and I need to see the librarian in her private office.  Shocked

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #18 - May 14th, 2013 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Sounds like we're all going to be writing new stuff!  Yippee! Smiley 
Here's hoping everyone's spring turns out perfect!

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #19 - May 21st, 2013 at 6:13am
Print Post  
We're having an anniversary? (clink of champagne glasses)
Department of off topic:
I'm considering having a new Ed Bishop Fans yahoo group. The more I think about what was allowed, the more I feel It's necessary. Had Ed Bishop been alive, he would have made short work of them. additionally Deborah, there's a Ed Bishop Appreciation Society on Facebook I belong to, and I don't think it was talked about anywhere.
My story is on hold for now, been trying to ground hubby, he had a rough pain day. We got approved for a credit card so a new laptop looms, but windows 8 sounds like a pain to learn.
Paolo sent me a bunch of Bishop photos, poor hubby was downloading all day Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo