SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stories (Read 4967 times)
Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Stories
Oct 23rd, 2011 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Ed and I have been really, really ill, required morphine again some weeks ago, so the sequel of Fete won't be written for a while if at all. I'm still here and Ed has some ideas for new stories, so when our health stabilizes a little, we'll do some writing. Please don't say get well, you don't get well from fibro and osteoarthritis. Just wish us well, we could use good positive thoughts. Ed had injections into his trigger points that hurt like hell but relieved pain. The relief wasn't long enough, and so we are going back to  medication. Guys getting fibro are rare, but osteo isn't rare, sigh.

We did get a marvelous free new Queen bed with a bookcase headboard and wonderful Serta mattress (we'd had a lousy hard rock of an Ikea full bed and mattress before) with Nans' help, and some new lamps Nans bought Ed. During the recent earthquakes, Ed was holding on to me and the lamps, chuckle. I think he would have saved the lamps first. Hmmph! Cheesy  It was the first time we'd experienced an earthquake in our new apartment. Talk about scared! And I'm used to earthquakes! The epicenter was right here in Berkeley. Incredible shaking and a loud WHAM! but it didn't last long. The aftershocks were almost just as bad.

Nans will be coming out to see us for two weeks in Dec, having a mother-in-law beta is a plus. Recently she sent me a bracelet set to cheer me up, Honora pearls, green, gold and bronze. I love pearls. She'd already gotten me a green necklace from Honora. I'm waiting for a ring, Nans  Grin She also got me a sample of Tresor Midnight Rose. Neither of us liked it. I stick to regular Tresor.
Amelia and Ed

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Re: Stories
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Okay - we won't say 'get well'. But we will say 'hope you feel better soon.' And we'll all send good thoughts your way - not that we aren't already.  Kiss

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Hi guys!

Sorry to hear about your health problems, but you have both been in my thoughts. Smiley It's always great to hear from you!

Smiley (Guild party for Amelia and Ed, sending them good thoughts.)

Matt Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
It's so good to hear from you both!  Happy to hear you've got a new bed!  Mine's been giving me fits lately, since the wooden frame kept coming free from the screws and dropping me to the ground while I slept.  (And isn't it fun to be awakened that way?)  Angry  Anyway, my daughter's boyfriend set up a better frame for me, so now I can sleep without fearing falling.  Here's hoping you enjoy your new bed as much as I'm enjoying my new frame!  Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Just an FYI for those who might be interested.  I've finally got Paul's time travel story ready to go.  Please keep your fingers crossed that I can actually get it written in between college courses, moving, and home schooling two wild and crazy girls!  Grin

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
RL has a way of getting in the way of stories. *grin* I'm glad to see you get back to that one, it's a great tale, so far!

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Amelia,
I have a question.  Waaaay back in the Write Mice, Alison wrote a story called "Herod", I think it was where the aliens used Straker's DNA to create children.  Is that the right story?  I only remember that we talked about the plotline a lot and no one else wanted to touch it. 
I was rereading my "Beyond Repair" story the other day and finally realized where I got the idea for what happened to the commander -- from that plotline all those years ago!  I want to give credit where it's due, so could you check your memory (or your archived emails, if you have them) and let me know if the original idea really was Alison's or if it came from someone else and she was the only one to run with it?  I appreciate any help you can give me.   Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Amelia and Alison for the info you each gave me concerning the origin of this plotline!  I've added the dedication to Alison to my story.  Yea!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Our Health lousy
Age lousy
Shakeup soon on our shelf in the library
One story being rewritten, another The Glacier Code needs finishing (a secret Straker kept from Alec is revealed in that one) more being planned
One  angst- suspense-metaphysical story being planned (neither the Commander nor his Aussie have a fun time in it)
We are the couple who came back and we have the best beta but no sock puppets.
Looks like we actually can post!

Ed (who has a collection of EKG discs and hospital bracelets now)

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #9 - May 6th, 2013 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Did someone declare Washington Square and not tell us? Shocked

IP Logged

SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
The sun is out, it's approaching summer, the pool needs opening, the garden needs tending and I've lost enough weight that I might not have a heart attack doing all that.  :Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #11 - May 7th, 2013 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Write Rat wrote on May 6th, 2013 at 10:22pm:
Did someone declare Washington Square and not tell us? Shocked

Standy by, let me check the status board...Nope, moon shuttles running on time, SID reports no sightings, Colonel Lake has on her purple blouse, Alec has a drink in his hand, all is well. Smiley

I finished a story about two weeks ago and have been sidetracked with my astronomy group.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #12 - May 8th, 2013 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I'm nearly finished moving into my own place after 2 years of living with my daughter and her girls.  Can't wait to start writing again!  Cool

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2013 at 9:34am
Print Post  
We're working on stabilizing our mental and physical health issues so we can start work on our stories again. (plus I'm planning one of my Bishop tributes, but it may just be simple unless things fall into place. ).   Smiley
My hubby was suggesting we open one UFO story with a graphic torture scene and even include slash.
However, remember he and I like twists.  CoolSmiley

That's such an accomplishment, Deborah. How ab out  hubby?
I asked the universe for a laptop easier for my husband to use.w e have a medical bill we need to pay off, and  have more minor surgery  done once we find a way to  do it, after that , we're adopting. A laptop that is.  Alec 4. All our PC's were named after Alec.

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2013 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
So we create a character that has a grudge against Straker, interesting parallel plot going that gives insight into Straker, and in comes Alec Freeman and ruins everything. Amelia tried to explain the phenomenon to me about characters that do this, and now it happened to me. Damn Aussie. Okay so he does it to protect Straker, but Damn. 
I've got 17 pages handwritten of this thing so far. Amelia is navigating but I'm flying the plane.
Mr. Write Rat aka Ed.
This is our The Mouth of Death story btw.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo