SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic
Normal Topic Mindbender (Read 2644 times)
Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Mindbender
Jun 14th, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Now, Mindbender is one of my favorite episodes!  I always enjoyed any opportunity to get inside The Man's head, and this episode delivered that -- and more!  In fact, the Straker dream scene is so focused on his thoughts that you have no idea what is truly happening in reality!  All you get at the end is a glimpse of a torn-up Control room!  Shocked
The directing was great for this episode, Ken Turner pulling out all stops to make this a thrilling romp through the studio grounds.  Cowboys and bandits, aliens, and prima donna tv actors!  Oh, yeah!  His tongue was tucked firmly in his cheek for a lot of it -- and that made it extra fun!  I can talk for hours about all the great moments, the homages to other shows, and the absolute thrill of seeing behind the scenes of the series with the stage sets!  But I won't.  I'll simply say that this episode is one of my top three (and often at the number one spot.)  Cool

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: Mindbender
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Mindbender is also one of my top three faves. I too enjoyed the view of the sets made for the show. You summed it up well Denise so I'll just say ditto. Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
I liked the episode too mainly because it was different to all the other mind control associated episodes. When Straker starts to hallucinate things get wiered until the scene where Paul shows him his life on a cinema screen. For me, that scene was powerful enough to see Straker crack and then he snaps out of it to find that Henderson is cowering on the floor because it turned out that Straker hit him.  Smiley classic

If Sky One was real....I'd be flying it right about now

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Wasn't it great?  I wish we could have seen that blow strike, don't you?  Wink

IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
I would've loved to have seen that blow strike. It would've played a big part in SHADO's history. I would also do anything to see guest star Stuart Damon in that blonde wig again. That was funny Smiley

If Sky One was real....I'd be flying it right about now

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I still remember how shocked I was that the prince from Cinderella was acting so mean to the commander!  Shocked  I was sure it was all a misunderstanding.  Grin

IP Logged

hqoperationsrecruit.
Recruit

UFO inspires me to write.

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2015 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
What can I possibly add. It was a great surprise seeing Commander Straker tear up control. Seeing the sets as sets was a treat. The whole episode was riveting.  A really great episode for all the reasons you have mentioned. I wanted to somehow jump in  help and support him. So beautifully acted. just brilliant.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo