SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Chronology of the Anderson Universe (Read 5217 times)
Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Chronology of the Anderson Universe
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I found this chronology list of the universe that surrounds all the Gerry Anderson productions. I studied it and I believe that it helps when it comes to crossovers with UFO and any other productions. Thats if you want it to be exactly in the right era. This was beautifully done by Keith Ansell. Click on the link below to view the time line. Hope this helps Smiley Smiley

http://unitycity.sfdaydreams.com/chronology/gachron.htm

If Sky One was real....I'd be flying it right about now

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Re: Chronology of the Anderson Universe
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2011 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
It's an interesting timeline - I didn't see any actual sources listed and some of the character birth dates are extemely suspect.

His birthdate for Freeman makes him 5 years YOUNGER than Straker - WAY too young for his rank in 1970, plus Sewell was OLDER than Bishop by eight years. I don't know about the rest of the dates.

All in all a valiant effort, however.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
I also found an error reguarding Moon. Captain Scarlet had located a Mysteron Complex on the Moon in the late 2060's yet in 1999, the Moon was hurtled out of Earth's orbit and was said never to return. Also, in the early 1980's, Moonbase Alpha was constructed. If do then why wasn't SHADO aware of such a construction, when they were aware of all other Lunar projects like Dalotek?

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2011 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
What it really comes down to, there are some storylines that are just mutually exclusive. They take place in fundamentally different universes.

In Space 1999 the Moon is blown away - there goes any attempt to meld that universe with any universe where the Moon didn't do that. (Like Babylon 5 or Star Trek or Star Gate or... you get the picture.)

And as you indicated - I think SHADO would have had a serious issue with building Moonbase Alpha and putting dangerous stuff on the Moon - unless the alien threat was over and Alpha was taking advantage of SHADO's advanced technology.

I have a saying concerning crossovers - 'Don't force the fit.' Something's just don't belong together.

IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
That's right. Being clued up on all the Anderson production, I realise now that their isn't an official chronology.

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2011 at 12:02am
Print Post  
And obviously, there can't be - Anderson's shows were never designed to be linked together. It wasn't something he'd even considered.

IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2011 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
However, one bit of it has given me a story idea. The bit about Moonbase Alpha being built in the 1980's has given me another idea for a Straker/Henderson argument Smiley

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #7 - May 5th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Sounds good to me.  Smiley

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #8 - May 6th, 2011 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I put Straker on Alpha Moonbase in my very first story for the Library, called ALIEN.   As far as Straker and company winding up in space in the proposed second season of UFO, what appeals to me is the drama of how Straker would deal with it. Here's a guy that didn't even consider his own home a home. Imagine being ripped away from everything you ever knew. Talk about a sense of isolation, and new responsibilities put on your shoulders.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - May 6th, 2011 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
I enjoyed that story very much, I thought sure has hell that Tony was going to stuff Ed up an eagle's tailpipe! Grin You don't mess with Maya when he's around.

Ed falls for Helena, probably reminded him of Ginny. Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #10 - May 6th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I loved that story too. I liked the way that John Koenig gave Ed the same treatment as Ed would give back at SHADO. My idea's going to be different though as I plan to make Moonbase Alpha a mysterious place a bit like Area 51 on the Moon instead that it's the IAC that is covering it up and not the government Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo