SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic
Normal Topic Reflections In The water (Read 2950 times)
Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reflections In The water
Apr 28th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
My all time favorite episode has to be "Reflections In The Water." I first saw the edited version of it on "Invasion UFO" which was an edied b-movie that was released onto VHS in 1981. After I watched that bit, I had to find out which episode it was.

Now I watch the original, unedited version on DVD, I love it even more. the most Memorable moments has to be Straker's fight scene in the Underwater Dome and the UFO attack at the end. I thought it was Spectactular then and I still think it is now Cheesy

If Sky One was real....I'd be flying it right about now

IP Logged

Claire
Captain

UFO the original and best!

Re: Reflections In The water
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Lee Homer wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 6:39pm:
My all time favorite episode has to be "Reflections In The Water." I first saw the edited version of it on "Invasion UFO" which was an edied b-movie that was released onto VHS in 1981. After I watched that bit, I had to find out which episode it was.

Now I watch the original, unedited version on DVD, I love it even more. the most Memorable moments has to be Straker's fight scene in the Underwater Dome and the UFO attack at the end. I thought it was Spectactular then and I still think it is now Cheesy

It was a good ep.  I always liked the stunt man they used for Ed Bishop, looked nothing like him and was way bigger.  They used him in Timelash where the difference is even more noticeable.

IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
oh yeah thats right  Smiley I've noticed how the later half of the series had slightly more action to it like the episodes, Destrution, The Pshycobombs, Reflections In The Water, The Cat With Ten Lives and Timelash. I found that extra umph into those particular episodes

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 12:16am
Print Post  
I did like the action sequences in this episode, and I've used the underwater dome idea in a few of my stories.

Poor Lt. Anderson. Sad

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 29th, 2011 at 12:16am:
I did like the action sequences in this episode, and I've used the underwater dome idea in a few of my stories.

Poor Lt. Anderson. Sad

Yeah. Lt. Anderson must've retired after that as you never saw him again Undecided

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
To me, RITW had more plotholes than I could come up with answers for.  I love the beginning, where Straker is seen to be bored to tears with reviewing a fish documentary!  Grin  One of my favorite scenes from the studio! 
But the whole replication aspect for the single purpose of letting the UFOs pass into the atmosphere without a hitch never worked very well for me.  If their intel was that exact, why were they focusing on a mass attack?  They would easily have enough information to pick off the command team one by one in much smaller skirmishes! 
It's not an episode that I rewatch often.  The premise of the story may have sounded much more intriguing on paper, but it didn't transfer well to the screen.  The pacing is so slow at times that I want to fast forward to the end, when something interesting finally happens.  I do like the underwater dome idea, though, and have used it a lot in my own stories.

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I quite like the underwater dome idea too. It seems so much more realistic as opposed to an underwater base as seen like on "Stingray." There was one bit of the story that I didn't quite understand. When Straker and Foster came across that mockup of SHADO headquaters, why did the Aliens make clones of the SHADO personal if they were only fooling SHADO via radio? They were only mimicing their voices?  Huh I found the fish documentry bit funny as I can relate to how Straker feels when it comes to documetries like that. especially the ones on The National Geographic Channel Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Straker actually makes a comment to Foster about that.  He tells him that the radio links include video, so the aliens would have to look like their counterparts.

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
ahhh. Smiley I do quite like the idea of alien cloneing. They used that idea in Space 1999, the Star Trek shows and I think Dr Who used that idea too somewhere...at least I think it was Dr Who. I mean for the time, it was quite an original idea. It was a shame that we only got to see the lunar tanks twice. It would've been good to have seen them more often Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo