SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Q o P Alien (Read 7540 times)
Claire
Captain

UFO the original and best!

Q o P Alien
Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Steeled myself to rewatch this again, it breaks my heart this ep - every time.  Anyway, has anyone ever come up with an explanation as to how the alien was not breathing liquid but air in this ep.  His skin was green suggesting he'd been breathing liquid, wouldn'r he have gone all crusty like the one in Identified?  Huh

IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Re: Q o P Alien
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Generally, the Aliens reverted to their true age when captured by SHADO. This suggests that the Aliens did something whilst removing their helmets that prevented the reaction. An Analogy would be Scuba Diving; if you come up too fast from depth, you suffer from Decompression Sickness whereas if you come up slowly and carry out proper decompression stops, all is well
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2011 at 1:19pm by MkIXHawk »  
IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
MkIXHawk wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:46am:
Generally, the Aliens reverted to their true age when captured by SHADO. This suggests that the Aliens did something whilst removing their helmets that prevented the reaction. An Analogy would be Scuba Diving; if you come up too fast from depth, you suffer from Decompression Sickness whereas if you come up slowly and carry out proper decompression sickness, all is well

Wish they'd have made reference to it though, but thanks for the reply, I can see what you mean.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Yeah.  I never figured that out.  Thanks for the idea, Hawk!  I just figured Gerry was doing his inconsistency thing again.  Although when I saw it as a tween, I spent a lot of time trying to understand it.  Wink

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
They only did the alien aging thing in Identified. In all the other episodes where the aliens were exposed to our atmosphere they suffered no ill effects. The Square Triangle, The Sound of Silence, Q of P, and The Computer Affair. Plot holes all over the place. Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:12pm:
They only did the alien aging thing in Identified. In all the other episodes where the aliens were exposed to our atmosphere they suffered no ill effects. The Square Triangle, The Sound of Silence, Q of P, and The Computer Affair. Plot holes all over the place. Cheesy

Hang on, I'll just get my bus out.  If I can drive a bus through them then they are worthy of being called plot holes LOL. Hmph, bus isn't there, this'll have to do ...

yep, that'll do it LOL

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
ROTFLMAO! Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Yea, Claire!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Actually, the rapid ageing is featured in Edge of Armageddon

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
I was surprised when they didn't continue it, but there were several inconsistances concerning the aliens throughout the series. Again, I don't think Gerry envisioned anyone examining the series so closely, some forty years later.

That's a good plotline to follow for your story.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Claire wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:09am:
Steeled myself to rewatch this again, it breaks my heart this ep - every time.  Anyway, has anyone ever come up with an explanation as to how the alien was not breathing liquid but air in this ep.  His skin was green suggesting he'd been breathing liquid, wouldn'r he have gone all crusty like the one in Identified?  Huh

Claire, I wrote a companion story to QofP called Mission of Mercy. It might still be here on the board but you can also find it Here Wink

It's the first story in my Ed/Ginny Saga. Smiley

IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 7:49pm:

Claire, I wrote a companion story to QofP called Mission of Mercy. It might still be here on the board but you can also find it Here Wink

I will go look at it I promise after I've finished editing this blasted story - it just takes forever

I'd love to read a follow up as I felt for Ed standing there alone, oh please don't get me started on her again!

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's a good plotline to follow for your story.

Ah so, mystery solved as to why Google is pointing to a Batman fic when looking for that title. It hasn't been published yet. No fair teasing us like that.  :Smiley

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #13 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Claire wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:04pm:

I will go look at it I promise after I've finished editing this blasted story - it just takes forever

I'd love to read a follow up as I felt for Ed standing there alone, oh please don't get me started on her again!

It's a short one, about 3K, and I think you'll enjoy it. Wink

IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #14 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:14pm:
Claire wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 8:04pm:

It's a short one, about 3K, and I think you'll enjoy it. Wink

Actually, put the editing to one side and just read it.  It is a really nice piece Matt.  I love the parts combining the episode and the things that 'could' have been added to the episode if they'd had time.  Everyone in that hospital would have felt anguished for Straker and the nastiness aimed at him for something that wasn't his fault in the first place.  I would have loved to have seen a follow up on that in the series as Ed was most times shown as an angry, impatient guy and these stories, extreme as this was, humanised him and you have successfully carried it on here. really nice work.

Just one thing if I may, in the UK men don't call women ma'am like they do in the US.  Shows you how disrespectful they are here  Cheesy

I loved it!! and I promise to start editing again in the morning as it's fast rolling round to bedtime again  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo