SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UFO: A Fairy Tale FDK (Read 13197 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: UFO: A Fairy Tale FDK
Reply #30 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
I liked the way you portrayed her in that story, in fact that was very much the way that I see her. I think the important thing to remember about Virginia, is what we saw in the show was mostly surface. When I look at her I tried to peel back the layers of her personality. And were Ed and Ginny to pursue a romantic relationship it would be very discreet, at least at first. I also think that any relationship between them would grow from a close friendship rather than physical attraction. Food for thought.  Smiley

It's interesting that your daughter drew that conclution, had I not already known the subject matter I might have thought the same thing. Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #31 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Okay.  Now you've got me thinking.  And I'm thinking that I'm going to have a problem there, because I'm not sure how a relationship grows from friendship to passion.  See, my first husband was a friend, and passion never did develop.  And my second husband was all heat, and we became friends because we were so much alike inside.  I have no basis in my backgorund for friendship developing into passion.  Maybe if I tackled it this way: they had both been avoiding the passion they felt in order to work in harmony together until one day . . .  Yeah.  I could maybe make that work. 

Stop giving me ideas!  I don't want to work on this storyline right now!   Tongue

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #32 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Really? Sue and I started out as friends, the passion didn't come until much later. In 11th grade our class was required to take a social studies course called Love and Marriage. On of the things that I vividly remember our instructor saying is that you shouldn't marry someone just because you love them, in fact he said that you should marry your best friend.

I've known more than a few people that have been married for more than twenty years and they seem to agree with that way of thinking. "Love will ebb and flow, but friendship endures."  Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #33 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah, well.  Sorry.  None of my best friends are male.  Never have been.  And I can't see that they ever will be.  I grew up with seven brothers.  I understand men too well for that.  Their loyalty shifts with the breeze.  True, I've had one or two female friends be that way, which is why the friendships went south.  But the feminine mind expects a man to remain loyal, and when he doesn't, it hurts like all hell.  Ain't going there again. 

Besides, if the spark wasn't there to begin with, how in the hell did it ever get ignited?  I don't get that.  To me, that just means either you're dense and it took that long to notice, or else you're just reacting to the moment and it won't last.  (Sorry, Matt.  No reflection on you and Sue.)  I'm just calling it the only way I can -- from my own experience.  If I tackle this Ed/Ginny thing, it's going to have to be from an angle that at least makes sense to me.  So, I'll figure something out, I'm sure.  No worries.  Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #34 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Matt,

I hope my last post didn't upset you.  I really didn't mean to imply that I think you and Sue aren't a good match!  I merely meant that in my experience, I would never go that road.  I hope that was clear, and if it wasn't, sorry.  You're one of the best male friends I've ever had, and that's saying something.  Do I have issues?  Yes.  Actually, I have chapters!  But I do understand what you're saying about needing to be friends.  Neither of my marriages would have lasted any length without that element.  But to me -- incurable romantic that I am -- I need the spark or else I won't even make the effort.  Guy friendships aren't the norm for me, mostly because of my childhood.  So I guess with the way I'm wired, God has to give me a spark or it ain't happening. *grin*  Which is probably why all my stories have that as the impetus.  I'll find a way to work around my problems with the whole Ed/Ginny thing.  Sooner or later.  I still can't believe that you've got me considering it in the first place!  :Smiley      

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #35 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
From my point of view, the spark was lit from day one. I knew that we were going to end up together. Sue didn't see it right away but she enjoyed being with me as a friend.

One night I called the local radio station just before I got to her house and had them dedicate the song I Will Always Love You to her. I knew that she had the radio on. When the DJ anounced the dedication and the song came on, she started crying.  Kiss It was that moment where she started to see me in a different light.

Maybe that's why I write the way I do, I've always been a firm believer in the power of love.  Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #36 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
No problem Denise, I think I understand where you are coming from. Especially right now.

I'm somewhat amazed that you are thinking of the storyline as well. I guess I am a bad influence on you! *snicker*  Grin

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #37 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
So, basically we're both coming from the same place.  There has to be a spark before the fire can be lit.  Okay.  That's good.  Whew!  The thought of there coming a day when I might just decide -- hey, why don't my good friend Joe and I get it on? -- makes me want to gag.  So I'm glad that's not what we're talking about.  Smiley

I actually can see where both Straker and Ginny might hold back what they're feeling in the interests of planetary safety first.  Now I just have to find a reason for them to supercede that.  Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #38 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Oh yes, there has to be a spark.

As to the story this could be interesting.  Wink

Matt rubs his hands together in anticipation.

I should be writing my next scene for Absence, but it's sad and I'm not quite ready to tackle it yet. But I should, "Sail forth and steer for the deep water..." and all that. Right after I get another cup of coffee. Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #39 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
It's the funeral scene, right?  Cry 
Sending you peaceful thoughts to help you through it!  Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #40 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it is. In my last story, the part about Jack Crawford's funeral, I just about relived my Dad's service, I cried through the whole chapter.  Cry It's hard to write when your eyes are filled with tears. Did you have the same problem with Kid Stuff?

Thanks for the peacful thoughts.  Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #41 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
You're welcome.

Actually, I didn't cry writing Kid Stuff.  (I did however get choked up quite often.)  Cool

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #42 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
OMG!  Shocked  Have any of you read Dragon's newest story on Fanfiction?  It's called Green Man's Pasture and features fairies!  It was a fun read, but she cheated and didn't tell us all the deets.  Wink  Anyway, did my fairy story spark your inspiration this time around, Dragon?  If so, I'm so thrilled to have the tables turned for once!  Smiley

IP Logged

Kira-kun
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Only influenced as i saw the title and was reading hte Dresden files .... haven't had time to read with school and everything.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #44 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
I'm honored that I actually managed to inspire you for once!  Even if it was just the title.   Cool  Hope school is doing well for you this semester!  You're missed around here!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo