SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UFO: A Fairy Tale FDK (Read 13199 times)
Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Re: UFO: A Fairy Tale FDK
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Thanks, Matt.  I've always been a good mimic.  It's nice to know my ear is still sharp!  Wink  Years ago, I wrote a poem in the style of Poe.  Even today when I read it, it sends chills down my spine.  Which is a lesson, I suppose, on how mimicking something can rebound on you!  Shocked

I definitely want to return to this universe again.  I think this could be 'the start of a very good friendship' between Straker and Nyt.  But for now, the story stands alone.  Thanks for all the kind comments!

How are you these days, Amelia?  It's been a long time since we talked.  I used to think you were certifiable (a condition you promoted yourself!), but I have since come across some who are much crazier than you could ever be.  You're almost tame in comparison.  I still remember how much fun we had thrashing around ideas back at The Write Mice.  You, me, Deb, Alison, Pam, and Dragon.  Those were the days, huh?

BTW, I enjoyed reading your 'Magic Fairies' story.  It came out not long after my 'A Little Magic' and I was glad to see someone else exploring fantasy in the UFO setting.  I was only sorry that it didn't seem to have any fairies in it, just witches.  'A Little Magic' was my first attempt at combining my two obsessions.  I was very pleased with it, but I like 'UFO: A Fairy Tale' better, probably because the fairies are real this time.  Wink  I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  Are you still writing UFO fanfic?  I haven't seen anything of yours at fanfiction.net for some time.  I hope you are still writing, even if it's not in the UFO universe!

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
..How are you?..
Older.
...I was only sorry that it didn't seem to have any fairies in it, just witches..

It actually didn't even have witches in it. I don't think most  genuine white witches would consider Lillian Marsh a witch. Cheesy

Fortunately for Straker, Lily isn't in Maelstrom.
Thanks, Matt  Smiley
Genuflects to the Librarian.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
"Older."

Yeah. *sigh*  Aren't we all?  Here's hoping that the other half of that holds true, and we're "wiser" too!  Take care.  Cool

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #18 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
When I first saw this story, I wondered how you were going to blend in the fanstay element and make the story believable. But you did a great job with that. Now I have to wonder, if humans are not native of Earth, where did we come from? Battlestar Galatica? Hmm... uh oh, there goes another plot bunny. Cheesy

Enjoyed it!  Wink

Older, it's said that life begins at fifty, I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.  :Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #19 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Oh, you baby!  Cheesy  I turned 50 last year.  I'm loving it!  Cool

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 1:55am
Print Post  
You were October right? I'm March. You've got me beat by a few months. Wink

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:49am
Print Post  
I may be the oldest, I'll be 59 in March.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:56am
Print Post  
Are you really?  I always thought you were my age!  Well, at this time of our lives, there's not really a lot of difference is there?  10 years is nothing once you have 5 decades under your belt.  So, what day in March?  I want to wish you happy birthday.

Matt, it's September 14th.  What day in March is your birthday?

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #23 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 3:16am
Print Post  
March 2nd, just like in the story. *snicker* Cheesy

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #24 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 6:24am
Print Post  
14th March.  Same day as Albert Einstein chuckle.  Harry Belafonte I think too or is it Sidney Poitier? I mangled that spelling. Einstein didn't speak for a long time  as a child, I think I read that somewhere. I didn't speak for a long time either. You ought to appreciate this Deborah, I recall being up in the attic and reading Superman comics. I didn't like Lois Lane, I wanted him to marry the mermaid.
I don't read too many fantasies books. Right now I've been into mysteries. Fairy tales I adored,and still do, that's why Claire recalled her parent reading Snow Queen.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #25 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Another Pisces, cool. BTW Amelia, I love the play on words with your screen name. I didn't get it until Denise mentioned Write Mice, that gang was before I was around. Smiley

Okay Denise, get cracking on your Ed/Ginny story, I want to read it!  Cheesy (I know you can do it. *grin*)

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #26 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I knew if I actually said it, you'd hold me to it!  But it probably won't be my next story.  I'm going to have to rewatch some episodes and think on it a while.  It's not a place that my mind wants to go, you know. *grin*  You've been a very corrupting influence, I must admit.  And I know that the producers wanted the show to go that way at the end.  But it isn't easy to accept what my mind's been fighting for years!  Tongue

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #27 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing your birthdays!  Smiley  With them coming up so soon, hopefully I'll remember to wish you each a happy day.  Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #28 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Neesierie wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 1:52pm:
But it isn't easy to accept what my mind's been fighting for years!  Tongue

I know, writting outside the box is tough. I remember the trepidation I had when I wrote Matters of the Heart. But without that exploration, I would have never considered Heartbreak on the Moskva. It was a two step process for me. Anyway I know you are waiting to read a couple of my planned stories so I'm sure I can wait for this.  :Smiley Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #29 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
I think the hardest thing for me is that I simply can't write her the way she's portrayed in the series.  It's just too hard to make them a good fit that way.  Perhaps if I write her the way I did in Writer's Block?  My daughter really enjoyed their byplay in their scenes together and actually thought I intended to get them together in that story!

I'll think about it some more.  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo