SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: Cars (Read 5700 times)
Guina
Ex Member

Re: Cars
Oct 8th, 2010 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Hi,

I somehow don't think he would drive a real sportscar. He has nothing to prove there.

What I can see him go for is one of the ultramodern ecologic cars/3l cars or such which go on hydrogen or electricity.

I can easily see him drive Mercedes, Saab or Volvo. Not exactly luxury cars, like Bentley or Rolls, but solid stuff.

Ahh colours, easy!

Black, anthracite grey, or silver grey, depending on the model. Leather interior, moderate sports edition, automatic shift.

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Drat.. not automatic. Can't have that.. I think he was too.. tactile to drive an automatic.. ( and I don't drive on either so I wouldn't know how to!)

But yes, I hadn't considered an ecological car..I will have to research!

I hated that bronze gullwing car after a while..wasn't sexy!

I had a bronze car once (Golf Driver) Just thought I'd mention that!! Grin

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
The one thing I see Straker needing in a car would be something very fast as he so often needs to get out of harm's way!

I picture him with a straight shift as well. Which is also what I would choose to drive. Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Hi K-k,

Quote:
G: Obviously, your definition of a sexy car and mine are not compatible. However, I agree, he would be more into a sedan than a sports car. Actually, there's a jag sedan ... (do I sense a vaguely feline theme here? LOL)

Chuckling,  I am used to driving without speed limit, that means 120 to 150 mph, if I want to and in very heavy traffic too, compared (to the speed). That makes heavy Mercedes limousines ultra-sexy! Nothing like a solid piece of engineering with the safety properties of a tank.

That said, there is one car I do find sexier, but it wouldn't fit Straker:

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Ah, now, this is a car for the UK... so  70mph speed limit even on motorways ( although i do 80+ when I go to work in my tiny C1!)  adn parking is a nightmare.
So,, Mercs.. okay, I like Volvos but the Jag is  an old man's car over here!
Wasn't sure about the new Merc with gull-wing doors.. perhaps a bit ostentatious!

ANd that last one Guina.. nice car, but definitely not Straker..Foster perhaps?

I need some air.
IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Foster would be driving a muscle car of some sort - something Bondish. Maybe even an MG he can putter with.

I think Straker has outgrown his need to show off with hot cars.  In my universe, Straker drove the Bronze gullwing for a long time - he had nothing to prove. Then he got a Mercedes with SHADO mods - the Suburban security wanted him to have was a little too 'conspicuous consumption'.

Kate had a Mercedes wagon.

I gave Freeman a gunmetal gray Saab (with SHADO mods) and later a security mandated limo and a Jag for fun. Freeman is a little more down-to-earth than Foster but he does like fast planes and sleek cars.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
I don't know Louise, :Smiley I could see Ed behind the wheel of that, at least on the weekends! Cheesy

Is that a 66 or 67 Guina? Nice car! Smiley

All kidding aside I think a quick sport sedan would do nicely. Wink

IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Hi Deb,

Librarian wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:56pm:
I think Straker has outgrown his need to show off with hot cars.  In my universe, Straker drove the Bronze gullwing for a long time - he had nothing to prove. Then he got a Mercedes with SHADO mods - the Suburban security wanted him to have was a little too 'conspicuous consumption'.

The three or four medium standing solid brands - Mercedes, Saab, Volvo, BMW - in the heavy limousine class with sport fittings all are ideal cars for executives with a security interest and the need to be fast.

All of those can hit 150 mph if so asked, have sprint times of under 10 seconds from standstill to 62,5 mph, are absolutely solid tanks regarding passenger security and not so flashy as to attract too much attention. And they all drive very smoothly.

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Not a BMW.. certainly not in the UK.. dreadful reputation as cars driven by idiots with more money than driving sense!

Saab are 'executive cars', and not that common,   Mercs are everywhere, as are Audis.. Boy I LOVE the R8 and those wonderful headlights... drooll...

But an R8 is too.. sporty  I think..attracts too much attention.

Aston Martin?

Hmm.. still thinking.

Like the comments though! interestiong to see how people see him differently with cars!!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Hi Louise,

is the 7er series really driven by idiots?

LOVELY car... *drool*

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Saddly the BMW has that reputation over here as well, but that wouldn't stop me from driving one! Cheesy

Another very nice car! Cool

IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Hi Matt,

it's an executive car for younger execs here. Though the 7er series is usualy driven pretty sedately and popular among older gentlemen as well.

Only the sportcars and the 3er series have a bad name in continental Europe.

IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
In my experience, if there's an idiot, he'll be driving either a Ford or, if he's got money, a BMW. I live close to the M25 so I do a lot of motorway driving

Of course, I could see Straker in a Bugatti Veyron

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo