SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FDK Silver Star (Read 15323 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

FDK Silver Star
Jul 16th, 2010 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Okay gang, here we go again! Smiley This one has been dying to be written! Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Re: FDK Silver Star
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
A very enjoyable start! No clues for the reader though, although we do know something of what is about to happen!
Looking forward to more! Wink

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Yeah, now I have to somehow pair poor Ginny up with Paul. Yuck!!!! Angry It's going to be madness! A moment of extreme weakness! :Smiley

I'd rather put her with an angry Narn! Cheesy

Thanks Terry, this is your fault! Angry

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
I enjoyed the bit between Ed and Paul re; being right or wrong but not being uncertain!   and Paul's attitude to Ginny's promotion is spot on! Smiley

poor paul.  snigger snigger

Aren't we mean to him..... but he deserves it really!
  Grin
Poor Ginny...going to have to fall into Paul's arms at some stage.. and then?????? Shocked

Poor Matt... having to write about Ginny falling into Paul's arms!! Undecided

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Nice touch here, Matt, with Paul wondering if a brainy type could keep his interest for long!  I think it's more the other way around! *snicker*

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Ginny is a mess right now, she's not even thinking along those lines! Wink My next task is to put her in that place (yuck)! Tongue

I have a good idea how that is going to work! Wink

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Interesting how Ginny on the 'rebound' in a way, falls for someone so opposite to Craig.. in looks, mannerisms everything.. of course she still harbours a secret desire for The Man. ( who wouldn't !)

Perhaps by falling for a hairy (sorry) hirsute type, with dark hair and brown eyes she is hoping to expunge ( big word there Louise!) (   hope it's the right word!)her feelings for a certain someone!

... or is it for the 'command'? side of the relationship... a woman who lusts for a man in power.. Hmmm..
  Cheesy

Looking forward to seeing how you get them together and her justification! ( and Ed's reaction!) Sad

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Terry did that, I have to clean up the mess! Grin I didn't think it would have been a reach for Ginny to fall for Craig. But Paul? (Gag me with a spoon, poor Ginny!) What were they thinking? :Smiley

Command side? Nah, Ginny outranks Paul by time and grade, and would have outranked Collins by posting, had he lived.

Ed's reaction? "Virginia Lake is a girl who fell out of love." His inner thoughts concerning that statement will be reveiled.

You know I could just write a shell around this story and say it was a bad dream!  :Smiley hmmmm......

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Dream stories are absolutely forbidden.
You should know that Matt! Grin

Although having said that.......... I have done 'A Matter of Degree' which.. no. never mind.It's not dream story. Far from it.

There have been some truly dreadful dream stories in the past ( UFO - Ordeal.. what a travesty! What a cop out!)
Dallas.. boy that was Rubbish..
Even Thunderbirds and  Stingray had them.. its a cheap way to do a story, particularly if the dreamer is having 'flashbacks!)

Mindbender does not count as a dream story!
Besides.. Ginny falling for Paul.. more of a nightmare I would have thought!  Cheesy

(Perhaps it's just that paul is good in  .......? )
Nah. Smiley

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
I'd rather have her fall for Homer Simpson,Cheesy than Paul "I'm in charge here!" Foster! Wink

And you're right; it is a nightmare! Wink

Paul good in... No way, he'd finish rather quiclky I think! Grin

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
I really like the way you explain why it will take so long to repair SID.. I could never understand that in the episode...... you shouid have been one of the scriptwriters Matt! 

It seems so logical when you spelll it out!

And Paul.. as smug as ever.. aren't we mean to him! Smiley

And doesn't he deserve it! Wink

Good explanation of why Ginny can't repair SID, and having Ed going to do it with PAul.. interesting  plan, and very logical.. that wasn't in the episode was it?
I like your approach to this story/episode.  Cool

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks Louise, that's high praise! Smiley (I wish I had written this episode, Ginny wouldn't have looked like she was promiscuous.)

Right now Paul is getting a taste of reality pie! He's going to find out how little he really knows! In this story he get gets beat on quite a bit, but I start treating him better in the next story. (When he starts to grow up!) Cheesy

In the episode John Grey had a single man mission in mind, I don't see any way that could have worked even if Craig flew it! So without Craig it certainly would require two people. Wink

You're right Ed and Paul weren't in the plan, as a matter of fact, the episode didn't tell us who was going to fly the mission before Craig was found. So to me Ed and Paul were the only possible choices.  Wink

I've got a little bit better of an idea where I'm going now, I almost scrapped this twice! Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Molasses forum again.. slow slow,, slower, slow!
And my previous post decided not to post itself.. I think!  You might end up with two of these posts!

Been there done that( scrapping stories that is!) Huh Sometimes it's worth doing! (But if you ever do, hang onto the bits you have written.. I have cannibalised several old unused stories for inclusion in others; Brief Encounters/DarkMatters etc!)

This is worth carrying on with! Definitely. Wink

I am looking forward to finding out how Ed deals with killing Craig, repairing SID and returning to Earth by himslef.. I hope you are going to cover those points! Sadly omitted by  the scriptwriters..

There were so many aspects that could have been carried over...

One of the failings of UFO .. not having an 'overarching' theme I think it is called. Would have beeen good to see how Craig's death affected Straker over the next episodes.

Leaving us guessing is one thing,, but some episodes left the viewers wondering exactly what happened next!

Man who Came Back, Timelash in particular.  Deborah did a Great job of following Timelash up in her stories!

I would very much like to see your 'take' on the end of Man who came back. Will GInny have anything to do with it?! Shocked

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Yes cold winter molassass again! Angry

I liked Deborah's take on Timelash as well, different than mine, but a great story! As you know Timelash was a launch pad for Soul Mates. Wink

I'm not sure if I'm going to deal with Ed's feelings in this one as it is more about Ginny and her one big mistake. But I did think about using a flashback in my next story as it deals mostly with Ed. Still noodling that one. Smiley I'll probably touch on some of it here and dive deeper into it in "Absence."

I do save my story scraps for possible use later. I was getting frustrated because this one wasn't behaving as well as my last three stories did. But I am writting in a box and that is much harder to do! Wink

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #14 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Oh? in a box? I usually do my writing in a dining room or classroom.  Cheesy

Interesting concept - writing in a box.  Wink

Doesn't it get dark? or do you have the lid off?  Smiley

I suppose it stops people peering over your shoulder and making comments. :Smiley

Sorry Matt.... couldn't resist it! Grin

Ginny and her one big mistake? ..could that be Paul!!  (off now to catch up on your latest update!)

I need some air.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo