SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Best Birthday Ever (Read 5149 times)
Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Re: Best Birthday Ever
Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Matt!  I think Jimmy's present will rank among my top 5 of all time.  It's fab!  I made up a special page for gifts and dedication stories on my UFO Stories site.  When you finish your Col. Felt story, I'd love to link to where it's at on your website from that page.  What do you say?  Huh

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Neesierie wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 9:32pm:
Thanks, Matt!  I think Jimmy's present will rank among my top 5 of all time.  It's fab!  I made up a special page for gifts and dedication stories on my UFO Stories site.  When you finish your Col. Felt story, I'd love to link to where it's at on your website from that page.  What do you say?  Huh

But of course! Wink (When I get it done. :Smiley) Life has been quite busy as of late, and writing has, unfortunately, taken a back seat. I hate it when that happens. Angry

I read Jim's story over the weekend, and I've got to tell you, it's awesome! Jim has a great handle on the characters, something that is very important for the type of story he wrote. Was that your influence? Or is he a fan? I loved Ginny as a Viking warrior and I fell on the floor laughing when I saw the "King Henderson" refererence. Grin He has Jackson down to a tee as well. The red headed, green eyed woman sounded awful familiar. Was she based on anyone I know? Wink

It's said that the apple never falls far from the tree, you should be proud. (I know I don't need to tell you that.) Wink

I'll be sure to leave him some feedback on your board. Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
I've missed reading your stories and hope life settles down a bit for you so you can get back to them.  (See how it's all really about me?  Wink)

Seriously, though, it's tough when you're too busy to do what you want.  Moving did that to me -- and I'm soooo happy to be done with that for a while!

All of my kids write.  Some just do it better than others.  None of my kids were ever big on UFO.  Star Trek was their thing, and I didn't get UFO episodes until after they were older and not home enough to see me watching them.  But they know most of the plots and James helped me transfer my Sheila stories onto cassette to read while driving, so he got to know the characters fairly well that way.  He loves Dr. J!  He thinks he's deliciously sinister (which he is!) and seems to understand his wheels within wheels even better than his mother.  But that may be simply because he's more devious than I am and can relate!

Please give him some feedback at the forum.  If he gets enough positive input, maybe he could be persuaded to write another UFO story someday!  (Hope springs eternal!)

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #18 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Done! He seems to have a knack for alternate reality stories. Wink

Which Trek? All of them? I'll bet Jim could write one hell of a crossover story! :Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo