SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) All's Fair FDK (Read 9592 times)
Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Re: All's Fair FDK
Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 3:40pm:
Aw, Ed had a pet mouse, very nice. And the end of the chapter was an interesting twist, I shouldn't have been surprised, even though I was. :Smiley

I think my and Denise's universes collided, Alec the mouse escaped from The Island.  Grin  I loved it, Denise! Mice are actually very tame like that, too, excellent. I raised mice for about a year, and rats for about 13 years.
Before I forget, oh you HAVE to submit that photograph to some magazine, of your grandkids, Denise. Nans reads Woman's World, that might be one to submit it in. That photograph is so wonderful.
Oh! I just caught a topic bunny!

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 12:38am
Print Post  
It's from a shoot I did last spring with my granddaughters.  I have the loveliest pics of them as fairies from that day!  I made them a hardbound fairy poetry book (complete with fairy poems from Nana and Mommy) and a calendar for their wall.  It's been great!  Grin

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 12:40am
Print Post  
The story is done.  It's shorter than my usual fare, but it turned out very fun!  Wink  Thanks for the challenge, Deb!  I will post the rest as soon as my beta tester recovers from her total shock at the ending and gives me the final thumbs up!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Short is not a bad thing, looking forward to it! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #19 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Now I know why I liked your monster! Good Job! Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #20 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:21am
Print Post  
You might want to read the epilogue before you decide how good a job I did!  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #21 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Woo Hoo! Smiley That's a first for you right?  Shocked Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #22 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Well, I can't do the sort of bizarre stuff other (nameless) writers have done with interspecies sex, since I'm boring and pedestrian really and like to stick with human vs. human for the most part.  But yes, technically this is my first interspecies sex scene. 

My daughter about fell over!  She definitely wasn't expecting it to end like that!  Shocked  She still hasn't given me her final okay, but since I just adore the story the way it is, I put it up anyway.  If there are any glaring points I've left out, she'll let me know tomorrow and I'll fix it before it goes up on my website.  Cool

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #23 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Quite frankly I didn't expect it eithier, but maybe I should have! *snicker* Great story Denise. I enjoyed it. Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #24 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Well, I've never paired Straker with such a dynamic character before, so it really surprised my daughter when she just sorta -- you know -- took charge!  Wink  But I found it hilarious myself.  Poor Edward! *snicker*  Seduced in spite of himself. *tsk*tsk*  Smiley

Thanks, Deb!  This was such a fun challenge!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #25 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
“We can be,” was the calm answer.  “Are there chimeras on this world?  I have not scented any.”

“Oh.  Well, no, they’re not real.  They’re a myth.  You know, legends.”

So this being is standing in front of him and he's saying they're a myth.  Grin

Quote:
For real?” he squealed.  “Oh, man!  I would so love that!”  Then he deflated.  “But I can’t.  I don’t have a passport.  And a flight there costs lots of money.  I know, because I looked it up once when I thought I might visit Billy.”

Hasn't this boy's mother told him not to go off with mythological strangers?

Quote:
A mouse?” Freeman squeaked, jumping up from his chair.  “Where?”

I find it difficult to believe Alec would be afraid of a mouse. Let me think this over. Straker doesn't generally scare him but a mouse does?  Smiley

Quote:
He smiled wryly at it, then made a discovery.  “Oh!  Sorry, Xen.  I didn’t realize that you were a lady mouse.”

Straker has sharp eyes. Actually you sex a mouse from the distance of its..oh, never mind.  Lips Sealed Straker having had one  as a pet would no doubt have had a Guide to Mousekeeping, and know the differences between the sexes. With rats, it's extremely easy.  Wink

I loved this story. In this story, your Straker is fairly close to my usual Straker. I really enjoyed this, especially Straker making Alec's life hell as usual.

Denise, you've had tea with Sir Perry in the Between, haven't you?  Cheesy

Just let me say that the ending is additionally risque because it leaves their alliance up to the imagination. Yet it still is suggestive enough. I very much liked how you handled it, and aren't the best stories ones in which the characters take over?

There's going to be a definite spring in Straker's step when he reports back to SHADO the next day  Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #26 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Actually, the whole Alec being afraid of mice came out of the blue.  Ford mentioned mouse and he jumped!  Cheesy  But I think it holds okay with the storyline.  We all have our own little phobias, after all.  I guess (for this universe at least) mice are one of Alec's.

I've held mice before and not been able to tell their sex without checking, so I assumed that was normal.  Is there a trick to it then?  Huh

This story could never be released into the public domain.  They'd never know how to classify it.  In many ways, it's a kid story about a few intrepid boys.  But in other ways, it's a horror story, complete with an alarming monster.  And then there's the ending (and the office scene, if you want to get technical!)  Sooo naughty!  So, the story ends up being as much a chimera as Xen!!!  Cool

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #27 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Oh, hey!  I forgot to ask.  Can I add a dedication to you on this story?  You are the original white mouse that inspired certain scenes, after all.  Wink

So glad you liked the story!  Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #28 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
I just reread the story and found that Straker had noticed that she was a female mouse the first time he held her.  Hmmm.  How did I forget that?  So I changed the rest and that should take care of any issues with regard to guessing sex on a mouse.  Grin  Thanks for the info about it, though.  It's not something I would have considered researching.  :Smiley

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #29 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
I'd enjoy a story dedicated to me, Denise.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo