SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Childbirth (Read 3848 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Childbirth
Jun 29th, 2010 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Need some help here, what is the shortest feasible time frame from the onset of labor, to the time of birth. I'm talking about a forty year old lady, first child, twins, and the onset of labour was caused by a tramatic event. How far apart are the contractions at the onset, as well as towards the end.

I'm not looking to get too technical, I just want to keep it real.

Thanks, Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: Childbirth
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Matt, every birth is different!  There isn't a 'textbook' answer to that!  If you've ever heard women discuss childbirth, you'll find that labor can last from 15 minutes to eternity!  And twins are always early, and have complications all their own.  So it gets really fun!  Cheesy

Gee.  Was that any help?  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Yes it was actully, so it seems I'll be alright if I were to go with two hours, give or take, from onset to birth. Wink

I just wanted to make sure that I stay within the realm of possibility.

Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Just remember that twins usually need to be incubated after birth, since they arrive at least one month early, sometimes two!  (Or worse!  I have a friend whose preemie twins stayed in incubation for over 3 months!  They were born at 5 months!)

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
But twins tend to be considerably smaller so the actual birth is easier.. they say! |Oh , by the way Matt. giving birth is messy... very, very messy!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
That I did know, the messy part!

In the story Ginny is almost full term, But I'll keep the incubation aspect in mind. Smiley

By the way Shroeder is going to be on duty, not Jackson! I'm sure Ginny would appreciate that! Wink

IP Logged

Normandie
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #6 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Hello all.  Smiley

Hope no one minds if, as my first post, I chip in here.

It seems that the shorter the labour, the more painful it is - though everyone's pain threshold is different. The faster the body prepares to fire the cannonball(s) the more intense the pain. Apparently.

I have a couple of friends in their early 40s who've had twins in the last few years. They went pretty much full term (less maybe a week) and twinlets were (in one case) both 5lb 12oz and the other set weighed in at 6lb (boy) and a few ounces less for the girl. So on the small side of average, really.

No health complications were suffered by twins or mothers - though extreme exhaustion set in: as fast as the second baby was fed and changed it was time to start on the first one again.

Of course, that was RL. I appreciate things for a fanfic character may need to be a little more "challenging". <tongue-in-cheek-smiley>

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #7 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks, and welcome to the forum. Smiley

I just finished the story Expecting last week. It's posted here on the board. As a guy with no children it was a difficult subject to write on. Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Yes! Welcome Normandie! (President!) Nice to have you with us!
- knee deep in ironing! Like it!

- I get my husband to do mine while I am here hard at work.. looking up posts on the forum and writng stories! - or drawing!! Wink

AS for childbirth  and  Matt!! He did a pretty good job of writing about it all things considered! as they say. If you don't play the game, you can't make the rules!
Blokes.... thank heavens they don't give birth, otherewise there's be no such words as brother or sister. One child families only!
Do you agree Ladies! Grin
(not getting at you Matt.. Honestly!  snigger snigger  'Expecting' was well written and very enjoyable! Ed with twins!  :Smiley)

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Okay ladies, here's another question regarding pregnancy. Smiley When do the cravings start? Shocked

Ginny is going to send someone out in the middle of the night for a banna split! Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Sorry Matt.. old wives tale really. Theory is that it is the woman's deep psycholiogial need to ensure that her 'man' is willing to do anything for her.

I used to enjoy cream crackers and jam late at night in the first 8 weeks, but that was because I had horrendous morning sickness and it was the only time I could face eating anything.
Not really a craving, but tastes do change a lot when one is pregnant. Embarrassed

Oh yes.. and a lot of women go off coffee!  Grin

I need some air.
IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Uh huh.

No own experiences, but a pregnant room-mate used to drive us all totally nuts, because she'd binge-feed on such stuff as pickled onions, gherkins and green tomatoes, chocolate icecream or Nutella (she ate that stuff TOGETHER on a piece of bread). Someone bought, only to discover it vanished abruptly with no one owning up to that...  :Smiley

Definitely exist, them cravings, so sorry. And she started around middle to end of the second month, which makes sense I'd guess, because then the hormones really start to kick in and change the body.

It's by the way not just women. I noticed both our dogs and our horses to develop certain curious appetites when preggers.  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
When my mother was carrying my sister, she craved banna splits and sour pickles. Grin So Dad went out to get her what she wanted and the car got hit in the parking lot, so it turned into a two hundred dollar snack! Shocked Cheesy

IP Logged

Kira-kun
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
er --- mine were a little strange. Raw Broccoli became the salad of choice and as two of mine delivered in the summer and I live in the desert, breakfast/lunch became anything I could throw in a blender with milk and icecream ... third to fourth month for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic