SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Ms Ealanc (Read 2590 times)
dragon
Ex Member

Ms Ealanc
Jun 11th, 2010 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Is there a consensus on her first name, or some note somewhere giving her one? Or can I just wing it?

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: Ms Ealanc
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Wing it!  I call her Grace in my stories, no matter what storyline I'm writing in.  Louise calls her . . . hmm.  Forgot, but it's another cool name that suits her.  Pick a cool one and have fun!

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 12:38am
Print Post  
I dug for that as well and couldn't find anything. I've seen both Grace and Janice used. I went with Janice and Denise has used Grace.  Smiley

Like Ed's Dad I think it's wide open. Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 12:52am
Print Post  
That's right!  It wasn't Louise, it was Matt!  Sorry, guys.  Matt used Janice, and it was another name that suited her.  So go for it!   Cool

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 10:18am
Print Post  
I llike Grace.... but thats a personal choice. in the era that UFO was set, Janice was probably more likely as a name. But she isn't given a Christian name in teh series, at least none is recorded in the Complete book of UFO
I think I'll call her ....... Agatha?

Wait and see!!

I need some air.
IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I noticed in UFO that several of the characters had the same first name as the actor who played them (Ed Bishop/Straker, Keith Alexander/Ford), so Norma Ealand is a possibility.

Alternatively, Norma Ronald played the role of Jason Webb's PA, Pam Kirby,  in the earlier film Doppelganger which provided a lot of the stylistic look for UFO, so she could well be Pamela Ealand. To me, this reads better than Norma Ealand which effectively has a glottal stop in the middle

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I dunno why, but I was thinking Dolores ... you can tell I live in the south west, it's a common name in people my age ... and older

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
That's my mom's name!  Smiley  And with those lovely doe eyes she has, I can easily see Miss E as a Dolores.  Go for it, girl!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo