SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Introductions? (Read 5434 times)
MkIXHawk
Captain

We need to defend ourselves...

Introductions?
Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
In most of the fora of which I'm a member, there is a section for new members to introduce themselves.

I was wondering whether there would be any benefit in having such a section here

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: Introductions?
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Sure.  Go ahead!   Grin

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Oh.  Did you want us to go first?  Okay.

Hello.  My name is Denise and I am a UFOholic.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Hey!  I wasn't done!  Why did that do that?  Okay.  I'll try again.

Hello.  My name is Denise and I'm a UFOholic.  I do not need a twelve step program, since I have no desire to be cured.  I've loved UFO since I was a tween back in . . . whenever that was all those years ago.  Straker is my favorite character, with Alec a close second because he makes a great sidekick.  It should be obvious from the stories I write that I enjoy romance in my sci-fi.  And in the rest of my life as well, I might add.  Wink  Is that enough to get things started?

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Hola! I'm dragon and that was pretty much the sum total of my Spanish. I'm twisted. I discovered UFO my second year of college and haven't a favorite character, although I tend to pick on Straker and Ford a lot. As you may have noticed in what's already posted here. I have trouble seeing things through to their conclusion... usually be cause the fan fic fairies are always fluttering around my computer.

OOOOO ... pretty shiny thingys! ... uhm, yeah. LOL.

I've written fan fic since I was 12. Most of my early UFO stuff has been destroyed over the years. Probably just as well.

VR alter ego: 30 ft long black and silver chinese dragon who has crash landed in various universes, usually with odd results.

d

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 12:28am
Print Post  
And I'm Matt, I've only been writing UFO Fan Fic since Feb. And yes I am crazy! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Ok, since I started the thing rolling:

My name is Colin, I'm 46.

I have been writing since the 1980s.

So far, I have written a number of Trek stories for a Club that I was once Membership Secretary of, either humorous, such as 'Still Waters' or a Next Gen/ 2001 crossover called 'Enigma' or even the completely insane such as an article on how the warp drive works. The reception was mixed: I received a very terse letter from one member, taking me to task for not knowing that it was Dilithium (Oh dear!), through to one poor girl who was helpless with laughter for nearly an hour.
Since then, I have written an article for the Space:1999 issue of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Models and a Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons Novella, which was published by Fanderson.

I have yet to complete my first UFO story, which I started ten years ago under the title of 'Cover Up' but which now rejoices in the title 'Edge  of Armageddon' and expands on the events of 'Confetti Check A-OK' and 'The Long Sleep'.

I am also an amateur videographer, with my own YouTube channel and a modelmaker, currently working on a 1//24 scale replica of the SHADO jeep

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Oh yes.... I'm Louise, living in the North West of England. UFO fan since it first appeared in Countdown, and only discovered teh fanfiction writers site last year since when my writing adn drawing has taken over my life ! (not really....well, not that much at any rate!)
Oh yes. and my typing skills are poor.... because i rush. and i can't slow down !
  Currently working on.AfterMath, and....Yes...finally everyone! Lines of Communication! with Legacy, Farsight and Castled waiiting to be posted, and Operations and Matter of Degree waiting to be finished.
Welcome on board!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Welcome aboard, Colin!   Smiley

It sounds like you are interested in many things sci-fi.  This is good.  You'll fit right into our few, our crazy few!   Cheesy

Personally, I love essays.  Love writing them.  Love reading them.  Do you have a website where we can see your stuff? 

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I can see why the hysterics ensued. ... LOL  Grin

really warped ...

dragon ... off to do laundry now.

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Oh .....
Why is there not a smilie for hysterical laughter?
Really Really hysterical laughter?
Excellent!

Grin   ( Not hysterical enough)

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Great essay, Colin!  One question though: with your tongue wedged that firmly in your cheek, how did you keep from biting it off?  :Smiley

IP Logged

MkIXHawk
Captain

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
It was a strain, believe me! Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
The Star Trek contingent (well the one who objected) sounds a bit like some of the Thunderbird 'fans'. I run away from them now!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send Topic