SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Lois and Cl... Kal-El 4/? (Read 4397 times)
SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Lois and Cl... Kal-El 4/?
May 29th, 2010 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Day 2 Evening
Clark’s left hand and arm throbbed. Larry, Moe, and Curly, for that was what he had mentally dubbed his tormentors, had done a number on him. He was sure they’d broken every bone in his hand. They’d also cracked the bones in his arm as well, but he was pretty sure those bones were mostly together. At least he could still move his arm.

They’d finally given him some water, but still no food. He was getting weaker and wasn’t sure how long he could last under these conditions, although with water he knew he would last longer. Considering the circumstances, he wasn’t sure he liked that idea either. They hadn’t drugged him today, yet. He didn’t know what that meant, except that he was conscious during the torture this time. They made sure he stayed conscious.

He was shivering again, and not just from the cold. He’d heard about monsters like these three, read about them, even reported on them. He figured it was only a matter of time before he betrayed himself and the people he cared for. He prayed he would be dead before that happened. He prayed that they would get impatient and simply kill him.

He crawled to the far corner of the cell, as far from the door as he could manage. He curled up into as tight a ball as he could, considering his injuries, and tried to sleep. He hoped he wouldn’t have nightmares.

-o-o-o-

Lois went back to the Planet and placed a call to Bobby Bigmouth, her favorite informant. Despite his odd habits and perpetual hunger, he was a good source and hadn’t let her down yet.

“Bobby, Lois Lane,” she started. “Is there anything out on the street about Bureau 39, or Joe the Nose, or my partner?”

“You’re gonna’ owe me, Lois,” Bobby warned her. “The word I got is that Joe’s got himself in some sort of serious trouble. And it may involve Superman. There’s also word that the big guy’s out of the way. Witnesses saw him being taken away in a cop car yesterday and he wasn’t lookin’ so good. Got no word on where he was taken, except I don’t think they’ve taken him out of the city.”

“Superman was taken away in a police car?” Lois repeated. That didn’t make any sense at all. He didn’t look well?  “There’s nothing on where Superman is now?”

“Wish there was,” Bobby admitted. “I kinda’ like the guy. How about a gift certificate for Big Belly Burgers?”

“You’re kidding, right? Just a Big Belly gift certificate? For how much?”

“Twenty?” Bobby responded. “Just do me a favor and find Clark and Superman.”

“I’ll do my best, Bobby,” Lois promised. She hung up the phone and sat back in her chair. Bobby’s information had come dirt-cheap. He’s worried, really really worried.

“Lois, hon’,” Perry said, coming out of his office. “I know that look. Whatcha’ got goin’?”

“Bobby Bigmouth says the word on the street is that Superman’s out of the way,” Lois told her boss. “He was taken away in a police car yesterday. No word on where they took him. Or how they managed it.”

“You don’t think those Bureau 39 characters are involved, are you?”

“I don’t know, Perry,” Lois admitted. “I’m just worried that Clark got word that Superman was in trouble and is in over his head.”

“Look, darlin’, Henderson’s already lookin’ into Clark’s bein’ missin’,” Perry reminded her. Lois knew his southern accent got thicker the more worried he was. He was very worried right now, even if he didn’t want to admit it.

“He’ll let us know if he finds out anything,” Perry continued. “Why don’t you go home, hon’, get some sleep. Start out fresh in the mornin’. Things always look better in the mornin’.”

“Sure, Perry,” Lois promised as she headed towards the elevators, to her car and then home.

-o-o-o-

Perry watched Lois leave for the night, then picked up the phone in his office, placing a call to Bill Henderson’s personal phone.

“Henderson, Perry White,” White said into the phone. “If you haven’t heard, word’s out on the street that Superman was taken away in a squad car yesterday and he’s out of the way.”

“I’ve heard,” Henderson admitted. “And I’ve got all available resources working on it. I promise I’ll let you know as soon as I know anything.”

-o-o-o-

Lois made her way home to her apartment. She considered trying to call him, but no, he would have called her or Perry if he had been able to. He was too good a reporter to allow a story like Superman being kidnapped to escape him. If he was able to call, he would – which meant he wasn’t able to call.

Clark, what have you gotten yourself into? If I find you’ve gotten yourself killed, I swear I’ll never speak to you again.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo