SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic The Beginning of the End (Read 2088 times)
Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

The Beginning of the End
Oct 8th, 2021 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
The Beginning of the End by Snowleopard is finally up.  Smiley

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Re: The Beginning of the End
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2021 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
My thanks, Librarian! Isn't RL a pain in the butt sometimes  Shocked

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2021 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Doing happy dance! Great, great story! You've got Ed guilting about being upset with Paul over Robert. Paul over the moon in a skimmer.  We've got Johnny alive now. Yay! Liked how you worked out Johnny pretending to kill Paul. Sarah was even back again and wow! Paul and Ed really are half-brothers now. Keith does good work too in digging stuff up. Wonder what he really used to do (snickers). Then Straker loses his sight (hopefully to get it back again) and even helps saves Paul's life. The stuff happening here was wild. I was looking forward to a family reunion of sorts but I couldn't believe that after finding his kid alive that Straker and co. had to leave for at least a year.  I honestly think having Paul as an uncle is going to be a cool thing for Johnny once things settle down but now we have to wait. But you've now left yourself open to another sequel with Johnny worrying about what his dad's going to do or not do and now I'm anxious again.  Smiley You rock!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2021 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Delighted you liked it!  Cool

Sorry it took so long. When I started, I had no real idea how it would develop. At first I had intended to kill off Mary as her presence was making things complicated, but decided it woulld be too much of a cop-out. I brought Gimen in as an afterthought, but was pleased I did. Ed losing his sight fell out of the plot as these things often do, and I was going to heal him, but that would have ben another cop-out! (Though there is a possibility there - that stem-cell exchanger may not be one-way after all...) The bit about Paul's true status had been in my mind all along - I never really liked the 'briar patch' as JLHenderson called it.

A sequel. You just can't keep those bunnies down, can you... I've even got some ideas about it:

What will they find at Proxima? Is Spicor dead?

What will happen when Johnny reaches them?

Will there be a 'family reunion'?

Alec and Joan's wedding? Will they become parents?

I've even got a scene, which I had originally intended to put at the end here. You know 'The Testament of Arkadia' has Koenig thinking about their encounter. Someone says hello, and it's a voice he has not heard for years. It sounds like Ed. He looks up, but the man before him isn't Ed, it's Johnny, who apologises for tearing the Moon out of its orbit before the Starflare device causes the Sun to go nova...
And where are Ed and Paul at this point? Haven't a clue!   Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2021 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo