SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) About 'Manhunt' (Read 3190 times)
SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

About 'Manhunt'
Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:37am
Print Post  
This is one of those 'And then what happened?' tales, following directly on from one of the episodes.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Re: About 'Manhunt'
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
I was able to read a bit during lunch and am loving it so far. I'm actually near the end of the story. But not quite yet. Nice to see Paul in it a bit and voila... Mrs. Baines too. LOL! Will get to finish when I get home. But so far with what I've read was surprised that Ed was thinking of suicide but changed his mind. And how did Ed get back home without security catching him? Until I get to the end of it I'm thinking aliens did something to him. But like I said I'm not done reading it fully. Going back to work. Ha ha!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
It seemed to me that Ed had reached perhaps the lowest point in his entire life. Suicide was a definite possibility as self-punishment. Only his sense of duty, his sense of responsibility to not just his colleagues but to the entire world, pulled him back.

As  for him managing to get back home without being spotted, that was a matter of pure timing. They left as he entered. His guardian angel will be demanding overtime payment!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  
I finished the story and just came back on-line now. I liked the idea also that neither Ed nor Alec cared for Dr. Jackson. Oh and I so totally loved Mrs. O'Connor. Very sharp tack she was. All her senses were working fine despite her blindness. But now to find out that the aliens were taking children was a new one. And if I've got the right end of the stick, Ed's son Johnny isn't dead. Sounds like the aliens have plans for him like they did Mrs. O'Connor's son. Oh boy! Shado has no idea aliens are alive and living on planet Earth. They just think the ones that got through have kidnapped adults for their organs or just plain killed the ones they found and took the organs they needed. This was a beaut of a story, SnowLeopard! I really liked it!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Thanks for that, Debbie, much appreciated… No, indeed Johnny isn't dead (big evil grin). I haven't decided yet what will happen with him, but I will avoid any 'son fights father' cliché like the plague!

When I first came on these boards, and Marc Martin's SHADO Forum, I saw a few posts saying what a great plot bunny it would be if Johnny could come back. And I did wonder about Doc Segal's dismissal of any attempt to get Johnny's medicine. It would take too long?? Come ON, Doc, you can at least try!! So I put those together and tacked them on the end of this tale.

As for the living on Planet Earth bit… This is their long-term plan, to find ways of protecting themselves against the effects of our atmosphere. We hear more about this in 'Brotherhood'.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I remember when I was a regular visitor to Marc's website and sometimes I still check it out but I've practically read everything there. Loved reading those scripts he has put up there. Matter of fact before dvds came around and it was very hard to come by VHS of UFO Marc would tape episodes I wanted and I'd purchase them from him for a very little amount. In-between I did manage to find a few tapes of the show as well.
Anyway, you gave me an idea to give you for another *bunny*. What if Johnny, who is now an adult, is programmed to go after Paul. Now wouldn't Ed really be stuck. Or perhaps he wouldn't. He may save his son over his step-brother. Have fun with that one.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #7 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Yeah, interesting thread there from everyone, SnowLeopard. Henderson was the guy you loved to hate on the show. I too wondered about what the heck happened that Henderson was always giving Straker grief. I figured there was something that had happened between the two in their past that caused Henderson to act the way he did toward Straker.
Now as to Johnny v. Paul, I'd say that would be a great story for you to try your hand at. Boy would Ed be in a pickle. Ha ha! Just come to me for plot bunnies. When our Little Danny group was really going strong with stories, etc. I helped quite a bit of our authors out with those growing *bunnies*  Smiley

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
DebbieJ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 12:44pm:
Yeah, interesting thread there from everyone, SnowLeopard. Henderson was the guy you loved to hate on the show. I too wondered about what the heck happened that Henderson was always giving Straker grief. I figured there was something that had happened between the two in their past that caused Henderson to act the way he did toward Straker.

I had a thought about that myself, in 'Saboteur'. I did have Straker warn Henderson that putting their differences aside wouldn't be easy. Perhaps. subconsciously, Straker is having his revenge!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Straker having his revenge. Well they do say revenge can be sweet. So perhaps Ed's savoring his.

IP Logged

SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #11 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo