SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Beta Reader(s) wanted please first time writer. (Read 783 times)
hqoperationsrecruit.
Recruit

UFO inspires me to write.

Beta Reader(s) wanted please first time writer.
Feb 22nd, 2015 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Hello, Hi there fellow members.
  I joined the shadowritersguild  in Nov 2014 and am 50 or so pages into a story I had an idea for in around 1986 or so and started to re work in 2014 after mislaying the original.

My way of working means that certain sections of plot have been divided up in to sections of action and several of these sections have been written. Some may be a little out of sequence at present but I hope that each section could be commented on re dramatic effect realism etc.

Each one is in a different stage of drafting at present.
As this is my very first ever work I was hoping that beta readers who excel in the technical writing side of u.f.o. and others who like to work on the personal relationships side of a story could help me out with honest but gentle comments on various aspects of what I  written so far and how it seems to fit as a whole
  Most of my book isn't written yet but as a fair amount has been and I have no-one familar with u.f.o or who is into sci/fi (with the passing of a close family member who was, last year) to help and no u.f.o. bible either. I hope you can help.
It should be noted that due to me having moderate dyspraxia there may be difficulties with the sequencing and grammatical composition or the story.
The storys main premise is in several parts: Set in 1989-1990.
  shado is suffering from a break down in efficiency in some areas due to an out break of illness.
shado is undergoing expansion rebfurbishing and recruiting extra recruits.
Straker still over works but has mellowed over the past few years.-An Earlier melt down is recalled
  An alien attempts to communicate with shado via telepathy another tries to stop this potentialy friendly alien but their attempts have unexpected consequences.
There is an attempt to incapacitate the commander and blow up one of the three  moonbases. 
  The outbreak masks what is happening.
An alien ends up joining shado.

There are a few new characters  I hope to build up  gradually.

Regina Smiley

IP Logged

AlecEd
Recruit

Don't panic!

Re: Beta Reader(s) wanted please first time writer.
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Hey Regina!

I can read parts of your story: technical side and relationship side.
But I guess, I would like to not read it out of context.
Do you have a outline that would give the setting on the parts you would send an editor?

How long are your pieces?

greetings, AE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo