SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic A Moment in Time FDK (Read 2336 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

A Moment in Time FDK
Oct 8th, 2011 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
A look at the end of Timelash, from Ed's POV. Enjoy! Wink

Thanks to Deb, for providing the episode transcripts in the library.

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Re: A Moment in Time FDK
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
We aim to please - and one of these days I'll get the rest of them finished.   Wink

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
This is really good, Matt!  Wow!  Shocked  It was better than watching the episode!  Will you be doing more of these introspectives?  (Inquiring minds want to know.)  Wink

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 1:47am
Print Post  
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Denise. Better than watching the episode? That's high praise, the episode was pretty damn good. Wink

Another introspect, I've done Mindbender and Timelash, two of my three favorite episodes. The only one left is Subsmash. :Smiley

BTW, the only other SHADO lady I would have paired Ed with, would have been Nina. Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 2:26am
Print Post  
It would be interesting to see who other fanfic writers think Straker could most easily be paired with for a story.  Some have him drooling over Gay, but to me he saw her as a protege; not as a woman, but as a person he was mentoring.  Others think his long-standing relationship with Nina was more than friends (possibly because of the detective's pictures.)  No one seems to put him with Joan or Ayshea or Miss Ealand.  Virginia also seems to be overlooked as a candidate most of the time (unless you're Matt or have been influenced by him!)  Of course, Yuchy puts him with Paul and Alec (although not at the same time!) 

Personally, the reason why my stories introduce a new character for him to be paired with is because the only two women we actually see him interested in during the 26 episodes of the show are Mary  Tongue and Jo  Tongue Tongue.  Neither one of those make for a fun story, although with a little incentive from dragon I was able to make Mary palatable for one story.

My choices for a crossover pairing?  Dax from Deep Space Nine or Scully from the X-Files.  Although it might be intriguing to see how he fared with Inara from Firefly.  (Probably not much better than Mal did!)  Uhura might be a fun pairing, depending how she was portrayed, but somehow Troi or Crusher don't seem to work.  (At least, not the way I see them.  Maybe someone else could do it.)  Anyone else got suggestions?

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Gay was father/daughter, imho. I don't think Ayshea, Joan, or anyone one of the other female operatives were strong enough to pair with Ed. (other than Ginny or Nina.) I think the relationship between Ed and Miss Ealand was strictly professional by mutual agreement. Wink

Crossovers, Kathryn Janeway! (Your idea, Denise. Wink) Sara MacKenzie from JAG. Ziva from NCIS. CMDR Susan Ivanoav from Bablyon 5. Ripley from Alien. Wonder Woman! Kiss

Oh, let's not forget Commander Felt, USN.  Grin (I will get back to and finish the story.)

In my humble opinion, whoever it is, they would have to be a very stong and confident person. Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Yep.  Strong and confident.  Which is why it's not easy to find someone that would do.  They also have to have a sense of humor (or at least a sense of fun!)  Straker's too serious to work well with another serious person, although he surprised me by lightening up with Ginny.  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Straker has dry wit, so does Ginny. I think that is why it worked so well. They understand each other. Kiss Wink

Ed very seldom let us see that side of his personality, ocasionally, with his interaction with Alec, and on the ride to the studio, with Ginny. That was an aspect you captured well in Fallen Heroes. I tend to believe that is how the writer's would have portrayed them had UFO gone a second season. If they were smart, they would have left the UST in the mix. Wink

I'm not sure how it would go with Nina. I think there was something there, but as I recall you mentioned somewhere that most of the heat was on Nina's side. I agree. The comment that Straker makes in the hospital about "the things we never say," makes me wonder, however, if he was thinking about it. :Smiley The only episode where they interacted closely was Subsmash, a good excuse to review that one again. Wink

The only way to tell might be to put them on paper and let them have at it. Grin We might all be surprised. :Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo