SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic FDK Invasion UFO 01 New Ground (Read 1391 times)
Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

FDK Invasion UFO 01 New Ground
May 15th, 2011 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
The first in a new era of SHADO Smiley

If Sky One was real....I'd be flying it right about now

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: FDK Invasion UFO 01 New Ground
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2011 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Okay, interesting start. Is this going to be a merger of Space 1999 and UFO? Smiley

One minor quibble, Jupiter's moon is Callisto with a "C", I Googled it to make sure there wasn't another as the planet has 63 known moons (to date). I'm assuming you are reffering to one of the four Galileian moons and not one of the smaller lesser known bodies. Wink

Poor Joan, All gave some, Some gave all. Cry

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Wow I never thought that I seplt the Moon's name with a G. It's sort of a merger with Space 1999 but it isn't going to have the same premise as Space 1999. Moonbase Alpha is going to serve a better purpose in the war against the Aliens and John Koenig is going to have a different role in the series. I think I might have him as the new Moonbase controller, should I decide to introduce him that is? Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Normandie
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Hello Lee - I'm enjoying this, thanks.  Cool

One tiny typo (I guess?) I noticed in this para:

“Three years ago, Moonbase was involved in a mass UFO attack. All three Interceptors had been destroyed, the lunar defence tanks had also been destroyed and SID had been knocked out beyond repair.” Ed explained as he raised his voice. “The attack wasn’t aimed at Earth, but at the Moon itself. A UFO was able to fly along the surface and fire directly at the water and installations plant, destroying it completely. Then they converged on Moonbase itself and blasted it to smithereens. Thirty people died that night. One of which was Lieutenant Joan Harrison. Ever since that incident, SHADO’s defences had been breeched, with UFO’s entering the atmosphere on almost an hourly basis. That’s why I pushed through the request the build a huge, advanced Moonbase. One that could withstand mass attacks and a huge number of Interceptors.”

I'm guessing you meant Joan Harrington? As I said, it's a small thing but no doubt one you'd want to change.

IP Logged

Lee Homer
Lieutenant

Long Live UFO

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
I think I changed it earlier but didnt save it. - oops! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo