SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Shopping! (and Disneyland) (Read 2660 times)
Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Shopping! (and Disneyland)
Mar 30th, 2011 at 6:49am
Print Post  

So Nans drives us to a secret destination and it turns out to be a huge mall with designer outlets. All sales. So my something of a clothes horse husband starts drooling and pointing. Pointing at Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, The Gap, etc etc but best of all, Ralph Lauren's factory outlet! That thing above is their equivalent of a shopping basket. Nans and my husband and I all scored new spring RL stuff.
Here's my tops. I had enough denim and leggings already, although both my husband and Nans informed me you never can own enough jeans

My husband physically had to drag me away from the perfume shops TRESOR! Woo Hoo!  Cheesy and especially Godiva's chocolates shop  Smiley

Tomorrow we hit Disneyland. My meanie husband just reminded me: "and the long queues, the muscle aches, the screaming children..."   Smiley Smiley
Ah, vacations!  Cool Then home and the evil Librarian making me write more. Angry

Smiley
  Grin

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Re: Shopping! (and Disneyland)
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Shopping is the cure for anything.  Guaranteed.  Wink  It's wonderful that your hubby likes clothes!  I can't imagine what that would be like, to be married to a man that loved fashion as much as I did.  Hmmm.  We'd need a larger house to hold both our wardrobes.  Grin

So glad you're having fun on your vacation!  Say hello to Mickey for me!  Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Re: Shopping! (and Disneyland) the terrible aftermath
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, but you don't see the seedy underbelly of horror, disease and destruction known as the Disneyland aftermath syndrome, otherwise known as complete exhaustion and sore feet. You walk from a little past 9 am pretty much straight through until 6 pm with about a half hour to eat your overpriced meal. We hit Main Street, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Frontierland, IndianaJones land, Thatcutemusicisdrivingmenutsland, Toohighapriceland, Ireallydon'tneedaChipandDalechipmunkhatbutit'ssocuteland, etc. (You buy overpriced stuff from the shops, too.) You go on rides (I personally never want to hear "It's a small world after all." ever again) You go on a pirate ship, right? (Complete with a genuine canon, uh I mean cannon.) The pirate ship breaks down. Yes, folks, the pirate ship we went on actually was held up for about 15-20 min, because the motor conked out or something. Talk about Timelash, the pirates were walking around talking to a grimfaced Disneyland mechanic, while we, the public, were on cell phones. Era error? (Try saying that three times fast) My husband's cell battery gave out, I was forced to throw him overboard because he couldn't take any more pictures for me.  (He says Flipper saved him )Blue Shrew saved the day and has more pictures.  We were lost at sea for about a hour days, and all my husband had left for provisions was cranberries, Smartwater, and mouse shaped Chip and Dale pretzels. We considered eating the other passengers to survive, and my husband suggested we could snack on the children. We survived, and hit land until Blue Shrew took us on the jungle adventure boat, and the female captain (maybe Virginia Lake in another life?) had to shoot a charging bull elephant, and several hippo to get us safely home.
Denise, the only fairy I could find was Tinkerbelle, but we did see Captain Jack Sparrow, Cruella deVille, and Cinderella and Snow White! Blue Shrew bought us a Chip and Dale lanyard, and pin, a Thumper charm and pin, pink rhinestone mouse hair barrettes, and other goodies. My husband now has a pen sword, which as Blue Shrew pointed out to us, really confuses the issue about the pen being mightier than the sword, when the sword is the pen. Or the pen is the sword. Sad Huh See what Disneyland does to you?
I wanted to go and be made up as a princess,  Kissbut my husband pointed out that I wouldn't fit into a 5 year old's sparkly ballgown. Cry (I tied him to the Disneyland train tracks for that statement, but he cut himself loose with the sword pen. Pen sword? Oh forget it..)
We found Skydiver! Kinda. Hopefully Blue Shrew aka Nans' pictures came out well.  Grin
Pictures soon, and Matt, you'd love it there. You could go there on this in no time at allGrin

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
H. G. Wells, I love it! Cheesy

I'll take two! Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
It sounds like you had a rip-roaring adventure!  The pirate ride was down when we visited, so we didn't get to enjoy it.  Although I've heard it's been revamped since POTC.  Glad you got to go on it, even if it did conk out on you.  Tinkerbell is my least favorite fairy, but some of her friends are nice.  (My granddaughters have the movies.)

Anyway, recover from your vacation soon and get back to writing!  You were missed.  Smiley

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Neesierie wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:54pm:
It sounds like you had a rip-roaring adventure!  The pirate ride was down when we visited, so we didn't get to enjoy it.  Although I've heard it's been revamped since POTC.  Glad you got to go on it, even if it did conk out on you.  Tinkerbell is my least favorite fairy, but some of her friends are nice.  (My granddaughters have the movies.)

Anyway, recover from your vacation soon and get back to writing!  You were missed.  Smiley 

Why would I want to stay away for long from two talented writers who write what's in their hearts and spirits, and by doing so, elevate UFO stories to dazzling levels in the reader's mind? Someone else's status quo may be actually the status woe.
Yeah, I'm biased when it comes to the guild members AND lurkers. Want to make something of it?  Angry
p.s. The Disneyland hell wasn't a wasted effort, I caught a plot bunny while it was napping. Hopefully it isn't a bunny the size of Maelstrom! Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Write Rat wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:08pm:
Neesierie wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:54pm:

Why would I want to stay away for long from two talented writers who write what's in their hearts and spirits, and by doing so, elevate UFO stories to dazzling levels in the reader's mind? Someone else's status quo may be actually the status woe.
Yeah, I'm biased when it comes to the guild members AND lurkers. Want to make something of it?  Angry
p.s. The Disneyland hell wasn't a wasted effort, I caught a plot bunny while it was napping. Hopefully it isn't a bunny the size of Maelstrom! Smiley

Amelia, I'm glad you and Ed enjoyed your time at Disneyland. And your visit with Nans! Finding a new plot bunny is always fun!

Being a freshman writer, (well a sophmore now) I was greatly honored by your kind words. Smiley It's good to know that my stories have brought joy to some, and opened doors for others. Just knowing that a tale, Smiley written by me, put a smile on someone's face is worth more than all the riches in the world!

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Matt said: "Just knowing that a tale, written by me, put a smile on someone's face is worth more than all the riches in the world!"

Truer words were never spoken.  I love my readers!  (They make it easy, since they love me back!)  But more than that alone, it feels really good to be in the company of other writers who you respect and who respect you and value you as a writer.  So very pleasant . . .   Cool

IP Logged

Blue Shrew
Lieutenant

Did I wake you, Alec?

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Hey Matt thought you might enjoy this shot of the Nautilus

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Blue Shrew wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 7:31am:
Hey Matt thought you might enjoy this shot of the Nautilus

Did you get permission from Straker to show photographs of the new SHADO subs, Nans?  Grin

My husband wanted to ride in that thing. I told him noooooooo way was I going to be a sardine in a can.  Shocked He told me afterward he'd only go if I did, he was chicken too  Cheesy   He's a little claustrophobic.  Hmm claustrophobic, where have I heard that before?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic