SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Goings-on in Europe (Read 4224 times)
DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Re: Goings-on in Europe
Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Oh, yes, see I forgot about that.
Probably his RAF uniform. Just in case there are people invited to the wedding that wouldn't understand the SHADO one and it's a secret organization up to a point, so I'd guess TPTB wouldn't want that. And, yes, I can picture Alec wearing a kilt. You're right, shame he's not Scottish. :Smiley

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
I could give him a Scots mother.. who called him Alexander. Yes, I like that one!! Especially as Joan wants to be married at Moonbase. I'm sure Moonbase's existence is known, if not its exact function. Full-blown Scottish formal dress would give Amet Pavlor and party a treat!

That just leaves the question of which clan. Hmm. My husband's people are from Dumfries and Galloway.. or would that be a bit too cheeky Shocked

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you've got a good plan there. Wish I could help you but I know nothing about Scottish clans or any other. I'm sure whatever you choose is going to work out just fine.
Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
I'll get Joan to explain it all to Amet!   Cool

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2022 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
A few examples of Ukr humour... very black, be warned. (So that's where Spicor gets theirs from!)

(Orcs are the soldiers, and the word signifies 'cannon fodder'.)

1."The occupiers have an interesting quest - to take a combat vehicle, load it with orcs inside and 5-8 more on top and head for a meeting with our operators of anti-tank missile systems. We are a hospitable people and the operators of a Stugna-P anti-tank missile system are happy to greet uninvited guests. Here, they are happy to meet an MT-LB with the occupiers, most of whom have already returned home in the right packaging (if they were lucky)," the statement said.

https://www.facebook.com/24th.brigade/videos/554570303067421/

2. "Mega-strong protection made of logs did not save a column of orcs moving in the direction of Ichnia from the resistance forces of Siversky area. Results of skillful and effective work can be seen in the photo report," the Operational Command "North" posted on Facebook, Ukrinform reports.

https://www.facebook.com/kommander.nord/posts/2114019522112168

3. "Today, reconnaissance has not been entirely successful for orcs. The êhigh-techë drone of the Russian army ended its flight ahead of schedule and unplanned. It was not without the participation of 10th Brigade fighters," the Brigade posted on Facebook, Ukrinform reports.

As noted, the droneës frame is made of an ordinary bottle and is closed with a plastic stopper.

"The photos show that the tank in this miracle of progress is made of an ordinary bottle and closed with a plastic stopper. What do you think about the thing, Elon Musk?" 10th Mountain Assault Brigadeës post asks.

4. And lastly, the  second video overprinted with the Cyrillic for 'Severodonetsk sunrise' (vostok).

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3529421-russian-ammo-depot-on-fire-in-kadii...

Acually I don't speak Ukrainian, but I'm coming to recognise certain words!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #20 - Jul 16th, 2022 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Yes, it does seem that their humor is of the black variety, SnowLeopard. Alas, I don't do social media so couldn't access the Facebook links as I couldn't log in without an account. But hopefully someone else on the group can log in to it. I'm only on my writing groups where we can talk to each other and here. I did check out the last part which wasn't Facebook. I'm glad you shared this with us. Grin

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #21 - Jul 17th, 2022 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Glad you liked it...  Shocked

An update from elsewhere in the galaxy - Ed and co are about to get lost, but in the process they'll meet a few interesting people, including the Spicor Emperor. It's ok, he's a good guy. I think.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #22 - Jul 17th, 2022 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Cry Cry Embarrassed Embarrassed
Ed and co. are in trouble if you're not sure the Spicor Emperor's is one of the good ones.  Grin Grin

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #23 - Jul 18th, 2022 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I don't think he's sure, either  Smiley

Smiley    Smiley   Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]