SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic The Interceptors (Read 1960 times)
Claire
Captain

UFO the original and best!

The Interceptors
Apr 22nd, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me what the top triangular shaped construction atop the interceptors is likely to be known as?

I know the skis are skis but not what that thing is called.  it's probably a radio receiver/satellite/radar thing but wondered if there was ever a name for it, or should I make one up?

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: The Interceptors
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
According to the UFO Technical Manual, it's the antenna for the Moobase radio link. Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 22nd, 2011 at 2:13pm:
According to the UFO Technical Manual, it's the antenna for the Moobase radio link. Wink 

Great Matt   needed to know the name for Repercussions (chapter one done and working on chapter two and what else I can get done in this hot and stifling afternoon).

IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
If I may - did the pilots go up under the craft to get in like in Thunderbirds and what happens if they need to be rescued?  From the back, underneath or pop the cockpit like an ejector seat?

Maybe I should buy the book  Huh

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
The book isn't that specific. I would assume that the chute drops the pilot into the cockpit and retracts as the canopy is closed. This is the most likely method as it took 120 seconds from alert to launch, as stated in The Cat with Ten Lives. Wink

It's also quite posible that the chute deposits the pilot in the hanger and they run to the craft and climb in. That would take longer than two minutes I think. Undecided

Since the pilots do not wear spacesuits I don't see ejector seats being used. If the cabin breaches, the pilot is toast. Shocked

The book is okay but you have to take what is in it with a grain of salt as it contradicts what was shown on the screen on several points. Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Claire
Captain

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Apr 22nd, 2011 at 3:15pm:
The book isn't that specific. I would assume that the chute drops the pilot into the cockpit and retracts as the canopy is closed. This is the most likely method as it took 120 seconds from alert to launch, as stated in The Cat with Ten Lives. Wink

It's also quite posible that the chute deposits the pilot in the hanger and they run the the craft and climb in. That would take longer than two minutes I think. Undecided

Since the pilots do not wear spacesuits I don't see ejector seats being used. If the cabin breaches, the pilot is toast. Shocked

The book is okay but you have to take what is in it with a grain of salt as it contradicts what was shown on the screen on several points. Smiley

All of my thoughts exactly, guess I'm gonna have to think about it and decide what's best.

Thanks so much for the help Matt  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic