SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) April Challenge (Read 11635 times)
Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Re: April Challenge
Reply #15 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Chances are very good that your zombie/evil dead is in the monster list under a different name, or there's a close relative. I'd be surprised if the 'weeping angel' doesn't have a D&D relative.

Daleks, haven't seen them, probably for copyright reasons.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Yuchtar
Lieutenant

Where are my glasses?

Reply #16 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Quote:
I had to google 'deadites' because I'd never heard of the term before.  Wow!  Zombies and the evil dead!  Gross!  Do it, Yuchtar!!!

LOL! I'm a HUGE Bruce Campbell fan. If a deadite were to posess Dr. Jackson, how would anyone tell the difference? LOL!

Oh, but I thought Daleks were the STUPIDEST villains ever! A hat over their eye stalk and a set of stairs would do them in.  Smiley

IF (and that's a big if) I can think of something good, I'll give it a shot. MUST break through this damned writer's block.  Smiley

Yeah, I'm a smutty-minded perv - what of it?
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Yea, Yuchtar!  Go for it, girl!   Smiley

I got my first few scenes for my monster story in the middle of the night.  What would I do without insomnia? *snicker*  Chapter 1 may go up sometime today.  It depends.  I finished my Steampunk jacket, but now I'm working on my evening gown.  I still have much to do before the fashion show!  :Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Okay board cheer to break Yuchtar's writer's block. Go Yuchtar! Go Yuchtar! Rah, rah, rah! Break that block, we know you can, yeah team! Smiley

(My wife was a cheerleader in high school, I told her to break out her pom poms.) Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #19 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Okay, I have a title for my monster story, Lair of Terror. I hope to at least get the prologue written before the weekend is up. Wink And with everything else going on, I have to fight April's real monster, US IRS Form 1040 long. Late start this year. Sad

IP Logged

Yuchtar
Lieutenant

Where are my glasses?

Reply #20 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
Okay board cheer to break Yuchtar's writer's block. Go Yuchtar! Go Yuchtar! Rah, rah, rah! Break that block, we know you can, yeah team!

LOL! Thanks!!!

Smiley  It's baaaaaad, though - I have not been able to write ANYthing for several YEARS!   Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #21 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Yeah, writer's block can be tough, I ran into one in my Soul Mates Saga so I switched gears and started writing outside the box. By writing in other universes I was able to see some things that I had missed the first time around. Now I've got too many plot bunnies and not enough time to write them all, I know it's a high class problem. Have you thought about a rewrite of the premiss, bringing it into the present day, with new back stories. I had plans to do that but I don't know when I'm going to get to it. :Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #22 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:45am
Print Post  
I'd be happy to share some of my inspiration with you to get you going again, Yuchtar!  I've read (and reread!) all your stories, and I want more!!!  Cheesy  So, how do you want the inspiration?  In tablet form or intravenously?  Wink

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Yuchtar
Lieutenant

Where are my glasses?

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Hi, Matt! What I'd really like to do is finish the third installment of my Gina Trilogy - it has been some FIFTEEN years for crying out loud! Man, I can't believe it has been that long. Oh, I've written a few other things since, but I guess it has been about 5 years since I've written ANYthing. Can't even get a darned poem out of my head onto paper. (siiiiiigh)  Smiley

Real life is a bit of a hassle for me these days. (heavy sigh)  Smiley

IP Logged

Yuchtar
Lieutenant

Where are my glasses?

Reply #24 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'd be happy to share some of my inspiration with you to get you going again, Yuchtar!  I've read (and reread!) all your stories, and I want more!!!  So, how do you want the inspiration?  In tablet form or intravenously?

LOL! How bout mixed with Romulan Ale??  Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Hey Yuchtar,

I'd be willing to share a concept with you if you think it would help. I have a story on the forum called The Bodyguard. I did it for a challenge last year. It's takes a look at the mirror universe version of SHADO. When I wrote it, the concept was way outside the box for me. But being both a UFO and Star Trek fan it could have possiblities. Writing Ginny as evil was a lot of fun! Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Yuchtar wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:46am:
Hi, Matt! What I'd really like to do is finish the third installment of my Gina Trilogy - it has been some FIFTEEN years for crying out loud! Man, I can't believe it has been that long. Oh, I've written a few other things since, but I guess it has been about 5 years since I've written ANYthing. Can't even get a darned poem out of my head onto paper. (siiiiiigh)  Smiley

Real life is a bit of a hassle for me these days. (heavy sigh)  Smiley

I was going to ask you if you had finished those. She looked like a lady I wouldn't want to tick off! Cheesy

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:54am
Print Post  
  Quote:
Cheesy  So, how do you want the inspiration?  In tablet form or intravenously?  Wink

I know this Klingon. I suggest you put it in Godiva chocolate. Smiley

IP Logged

Yuchtar
Lieutenant

Where are my glasses?

Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'd be willing to share a concept with you if you think it would help.

You're so sweet! Ya know, I have never felt inspired to write a Trek story. I have written a lot of crossovers (I love crossovers!), but have never had a desire to write one involving the Trek universe. (shrug) Dunno why.

If I wanna get back into the groove for UFO, though, I should re-watch the show - has been quite a while since I've seen it. (I have them all on dvd, so there is really no excuse).

Quote:
I know this Klingon. I suggest you put it in Godiva chocolate.

Ha! Been at least 20 years since I've had Godiva, but I don't recall it being anything special. Back when I worked on the Marine Corps Base, we had numerous bomb scares and one time, the bomb sniffing dogs went wild and they thought there was really a bomb, only it turned out to be the Godiva chocolate that excited them. LOL!

Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 3:24am
Print Post  
In The Bodyguard I just used the concept of the dark universe. It worked pretty good. I'm going back to the universe in Dark SHADO.

I've written a Bonanza Crossover and I'm still working on my Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea crossover.

I'm toying with the idea of a Voyger/UFO crossover but that's way down the road. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Add Poll Send Topic