SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Time Turner? (Read 7029 times)
Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Re: Time Turner?
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Yuck!  Tongue  You poor thing!  I didn't even know that ice affected microwave towers!  The things you learn.  Wink  Well, we're glad you didn't fall or hurt yourself out there 100 feet above ground level.  So -- did you get back to your story yet?  :Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 3:53am
Print Post  
I suspect that the antennas are out of alignment. The gentleman who engineered that path told me that should have had more than enough fade margin to account for weather. But the microwave had other plans.

I hope to get back to my story tomorow. It's just getting to the good part. Wink

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Well, as you can see, my mind took the decision away from me and went off on its own this morning!  :Smiley  So I'm taking a break from sewing (even though I have a fantastic Steampunk jacket all cut out and ready to sew!) and spending the day in bed writing.  Cheesy  Which seems to be very timely, since my partner in the sewing sweat shop -- my daughter, the Fashion Show director -- is also taking the day off and relaxing with her girls.  Hopefully, I can get enough written on the story so that I can set it aside and get back to work on fashions tomorrow.  We'll see how it goes.  Cool

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Good for you Denise! I'll be looking forward to more of your story! And I will get some more done on Demons tonight. Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Glad to hear it! Smiley

IP Logged

Blue Shrew
Lieutenant

Did I wake you, Alec?

Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 6:03am
Print Post  
"I suspect that the antennas are out of alignment. The gentleman who engineered that path " - Matt

When I worked at The District, we used our GIS System to work out the signal paths for the best reception for our towers and placement.  Had some nice maps that were 15 feet when printed out for better detail.  Grin

So that make me think, you are with the fire department, Matt?

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I'm a communications technician, I work for a Motorola contractor. Although my primary responsiblity is the Rhode Island Statewide Communications System, when I'm on call, I cover both RI, and eastern CT.

Maybe that's why I treat Ford so well, we comm techs have to stick together! Cheesy

Quote:
So that make me think, you are with the fire department, Matt?

I spent four years on the Pascoag Fire Dept. 1981-1984, four of the best years of my life. I was a volunteer, it was my way of giving something back to the community. Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2011 at 2:57pm by Matt »  

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #22 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
As it turns out, I didn't need a time turner after all.  I needed an aspirin!  I always push it too hard in March and April, trying to do everything at once -- somehow my collection is never as complete as I thought it was in December!  Anyway, I'm feeling poorly, so I'm taking the day off from sewing (but maybe not from writing -- we'll see) and lazing around playing on the internet.  After all, I have some more research to do.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Add Poll Send Topic