SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Brian Jacques died UK fantasy writer (Read 1209 times)
Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Brian Jacques died UK fantasy writer
Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:19am
Print Post  
He wrote the Redwall series. This was very much of a shock to me, as I loved his stories. Although his chief characters are mice and other animals, his stories are not cute or even aimed at children although kids love them.

And this gives me an story idea.

I'll miss Brian. I'll never forget seeing my first Redwall book with the mice illustrations on the cover, and drooling over it since I raised mice and rats as my pets, and I collect Charming Tales. It could be loosely described as the animal equivalent of King Arthur and the Holy Grail quest-defeat the evil enemy. The mice are warriors, some mice are monks,etc. Brian even had a cookbook featuring the foods the mice ate. The plots are just as elaborate as regular adventure stories.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Re: Brian Jacques died UK fantasy writer
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I remember Jacques.  Sorry to hear he's gone.  When I was a director for teen literature at a district library, I populated the shelves with his books.  The teens loved them!  A few of my fellow librarians looked at me oddly, but the kids were happy.

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: Brian Jacques died UK fantasy writer
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Sorry to say I am not familiar with him or his work, but I am saddened to learn of the loss of a creative mind.

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic