SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Vampire Novels and Feminists (Read 12470 times)
dragon
Ex Member

Re: Vampire Novels and Feminists
Reply #30 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
btw, louise, I'm older! LOL

IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Hi again,

Quote:
<laughter> The kitchen tables I grew up with were not flimsy, they were stout and usually old; more than resiliant enough to withstand shenanigans of the x-rated kinda. Mind you, not even in the Skulls did the table take the full brunt of things ... just kept people from falling on the floor.  Grin

Ahh-okayyyy - slightly gymnastic vanilla sex on a kitchen table...

Definitely nicely written, but somehow I still fail to get the point (of the amount of brouhaha over it) *scratching my head*

I mean, that's a movie staple, isn't it (Jack Nicholson anyone?)? Or is it the amount thereof and the detail what so gets Louise? I'm afraid I still don't really get "it".

Anyway, very nicely written story, that one, with a really cute twist to the plot at the end.  Grin

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #32 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Look. My kitchen table is 7 foot long and three foot wide and made from mahogany.
I will now end this topic. Cheesy

I need some air.
IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Hi Louise,

Quote:
Look. My kitchen table is 7 foot long and three foot wide and made from mahogany.

Cheesy

And I don't even have one currently.

Inspite of kitchen tables apparently being a hot commodity in the anglosaxon culture to engage in certain activities on, I've always failed to grasp their appeal.

This must be a cultural thing then. I prefer, err, supporting items for such activities to be comfy, soft and somewhat luxurious (for myself) and a bit more restrictive (if not for myself).

Hence my phantasies don't tend to run away with me in a kitchen. Way too damned uncomfortable.  Grin

Also, I just cottoned on to why that peanut butter thing completely failed me, after I got a tip from an American friend. Ah well, us continental Europeans gals....  :Smiley

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Actually, I suspect I'm showing my colonial roots here. Once upon a time in the US, below a certain social status, there was no dining room therefore the family gathered at the kitchen table for meals. This was in the days of real kitchens in which there was much more room than the streamlined things one has today. (I dunno about Continental kitchens, although I do understand that the size of refrigerator we consider normal are not normal in Europe or most of the rest of the world.) Can you tell I'd like a much larger kitchen? And I don't even have all the kids at home any more <g>

Unfortunately, I don't see Straker as into the kinkier side of things. Just getting any was something of a shock to his system.  Cheesy As to it being a movie staple ... I must not be watching the same movies you are ... I'm not that fond of Jack Nicholson. Sorry.

Glad you enjoyed the ending. I thought a happy ending was a good thing.

As to Louise and the table, it was a slight refrain in the story about tables and getting in the way of things once Ed and Kelsy "woke up". We turned it into a running joke between us.  Wink We're a little juvenile at times <wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more> I guess we can stop now.

Or maybe we could sacrifice Jackson on a kitchen table ... <thoughtful look, many tentacled chittering thing giggling over my shoulder ... smack the muse>

d

IP Logged

Guina
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Hi D.,

that's entirely right about fridges here in Europe. Tend to be tiny affairs compared, the serious refridgerating units are "down below" in the cellar, usually. Also, electricity is expensive, you tend to buy machines which will do the job without excesses.

I don't have a dining room either, the kitchen is a solid size for the farmhouse I live in - some 30 square meters, I'd say. we still don't eat in there, we do that in the living room.

Quote:
I don't see Straker as into the kinkier side of things.

No (open) comment. You got mail.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2010 at 5:37pm by »  

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #36 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Juvenile? Moi?

Never.

Just appreciate the finer things in life.

Oh. and my dining room table is beech,  and wider. 

Wink

Variety is the spice of life. Shocked

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #37 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Interesting idea, sacrificing Jackson on the kitchen table that is. Cheesy The muses are out of control! Grin However the kitchen table might work well with the coffee line...hmmm..... Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2010 at 3:39am by Matt »  

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
LOL. Knew you'd find something to do with that pesky table. <sssshhhhhh>

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #39 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Dragon if I do, it will be a tribute to you! Cheesy I'm still in awe of your creative spirit! Cheesy

(Matt quiclky tries to slap his muse back into submission, bad muse, bad muse.....) Cheesy

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Maybe he could inadvertantly sacrifice his coffee to the table god ... Euw, reminds me of the sentient table in the Iron Elves ... <shudder>

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure a sentient table would be much fun.  Now a sentient sofa, on the other hand . . .  Wink Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

dragon
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Oh, trust me, this table was not fun. It sucked souls out of people. Very nasty.

Sentient couch, depends on if it likes you or not. Eaten by couch, not good. <shaking head>

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Oh, my!  Shocked  I wasn't thinking evil sentient table!  Or sofa!  I was just thinking what it might say if it could talk!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #44 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
I don't think I'd want my sofa (or table) to be able to talk. That could be embaressing... Embarrassed  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Add Poll Send Topic