SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FDK The Devil is a Woman (Read 19585 times)
Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: FDK The Devil is a Woman
Reply #45 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Pointy needle?  Not sure what you mean.  Huh

I cried over Ginny too.  But I don't find my take on her in this story a big stretch from how she was portrayed in the series.  She really was portrayed as a cold b*tch.  And I didn't even make her that bad.  Just lost really.  'Damaged' was the word Louise used and it fits.  This scenario has been in my head for years, but I lacked the skills to write it then.  It's nice to see that I was able to pull it off now.  I guess I've grown!  Wink

It was hard writing this story as a mystery, because I kept getting sidetracked by the back story and wanted to pursue the romance angle!   Kiss  It's nice to go outside the box occasionally though, even if it's just to prove to myself that I can do it.  And being me, it still ended up a romance of sorts! *snicker*

My beta tester was appalled at how bitter Straker got at one point in this story, but I don't think anyone could go through that kind of experience with a fiancee without a lot of self-blame and guilt.  Do you?  (I mean, not that I think you've ever been in that situation yourself, but as a general guy thing.)

Anyway, it was nice of you not to get bent out of shape by my psycho Ginny tale.  I know how much you like her, and the way you portray her in your stories is as a really cool woman.  Cool  So, no offense intended.  (And I hope none taken!)  Grin

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #46 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 7:31am
Print Post  
I really enjoyed Devil. it's good to see a person from a different point of view, a different aspect. On day I'll do Ed as a bitter twisted man who doesn't care for anyone  except himself... that would be very interesting to try to write!
I thought GInny came across as a very believeable character in Devil...... not a bi*^h, just a woman who was incredibly possessive and who have serious problems. and working for SHADO probably didn't help! all that competition from a the other women, all the men, the power etc!

A really different story Denise, and very well written!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Louise!  Smiley

I think a selfish Straker would make me cringe!  Undecided  Sort of like a vampire Straker does!  Wink  One of the most admirable traits of his character is his self-sacrifice.  Take that away, and you're too close to someone cold, merciless, and inhuman.  Hey -- like an alien!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #48 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Hey ...How about THAT for  a challenge!

A member of Shado is subverted (?) by aliens and changes their personality completely!

No... I want that idea for Dark Matter... sorry... all mine!

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #49 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
The pointy needle thing was a joke! Cheesy In Kid Stuff Ed got it and in Devil Ginny got it.

No I wasn't offended at all! Smiley Your story was incrediblly well written! And beleivable! Wink

In all honesty I was disappointed that the story didn't go where I thought it was going, But that is only because you do romance so well and I would love to see your take on Ed and Ginny in a relationship. Maybe one day you'll surprise me! Wink

I still have trouble forgiving Terry for his portrayal of Ginny in The Man who Came Back, the only thing that redeemed him in my eyes is he also wrote Tinelash, my very favorite episode! Smiley

Ginny was portrayed as being cold but I saw her character start to warm up in the last four episodes.(not counting Relections in the Water) It takes a while to develop a character in a series and had she been in more episodes, she might have been seen in a different light. Smiley

A selfish Straker? Even my dark Straker wasn't completely sellfish! A totaly cold version of The Man might be scary indeed. Speaking of vampires how about a vampire Ginny?
I would be scared of her! Grin

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #50 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Actually, in the second part of Dark Matter I plan to have Straker working with the aliens to help them conquer Earth. Angry

It would be a nice twist to make him bitter and selfish  and soulless... !

Thanks for the idea! Grin

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #51 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Wow, I'm going to go hide now! Shocked

This is follow on to Farsight, right? Wink

That will be a hell of a ride! Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Matt,
My beta tester loved the banter between Ginny and Straker in Writer's Block and wished I would write her more that way in future.  But the only way I can do that is to NOT watch any episodes for a while!  But I think since being exposed to your take on Ginny in your stories, I may at some distant time in the future be able to write a romance between them that doesn't end with her being executed!  Wink

Maybe.  Grin

P.S. I fiinally got the 'pointy needle' reference!  A bit slow this morning, aren't I?

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Louuuiiiise!  Shocked Shocked  You can't!  You really can't have The Man in cahoots with the baddies!  What are you thinking???????????  Sad Cry Sad Cry

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #54 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Gosh it's going to be GREAT! I am really looking forward to writing it!  He's going to .... no. You'll have to wait!
But Denise is going to HATE him!! Shocked

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Well, duh!  :Smiley  I already do, if you're going to have him act like that!  Tongue

Meanie!  Sad

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #56 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that's going to be one heck of a ride! Cheesy

Hey Denise, do you think Ginny would make a scary vampire??? Shocked

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #57 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Denise, I noticed that I forgot to anwser your question regarding Ed's reaction. The self guilt self blame was spot on in my opinion. Smiley

I've been through a couple tough times with the ladies early on in life, nothing like what Ed went through, but I still questioned if the failure was mine. Sad

So I think you nailed it! Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Matt!  Cool  I think one of the main reasons why women writing romance stories are so much better received by other women than men doing the same is that we know what we think is romantic in a man.  And men's brains work differently than ours.  Because real men usually don't act that way!  So it's not always easy to be accurate with a man's response to something.  (Most of the time, I think of the most illogical thing they could do, then use that!  My hubby usually smiles and says, 'Yep, I'd do that!')  Cheesy

That said, I have to admit that you have a real feel for telling a story the way a woman wants to hear it.  Don't know what that says about you -- whether you're a little twisty or simply psychic! -- but it makes for great stories, so don't change a thing!  Grin  We love you, Matt!  Kiss

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #59 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I'm warped! No question about it. Cheesy My new story should prove that! Grin

Have you ever read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus? I leared a lot from that book, not only about women but guys too. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo