SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FDK - Devilsgate #5 (Read 6920 times)
Neesierie
Ex Member

Re: FDK - Devilsgate #5
Reply #15 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Louise,
Read it again.  They're betting on how long it takes him to get to work after being on the island, not how long before he gets bored with his work.  A small, but important difference!  Wink

And your wedding kept getting pushed back!  But I'm just about to begin Chapter 4, and your wedding starts it off.  So. No more delays!  "Edward Straker, do you take this crazy fanfic writer to be your . . . "  Oh, wait!  Wrong story.   Grin

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Ed Straker with cold feet? Never happen! Smiley Don't worry Louise, I'm sure you'll be enjoying wedded bliss real soon! Wink

Great job Denise! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
No Denise... Thats what I meant... getting bored on the island.. not with work...sorry .. still trying to catch up with lost sleep.. about another six hours to do yet! Sorry..  Sad
Keith Ford getting bored with work..never.. bored with lying around on a tropical island???????? well...... Wink

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2010 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Okay.  Thanks for explaining.  I was afraid for a minute that I'd been unclear.  That happens sometimes when my mind runs ahead of the story.  (which is why I rely on my beta tester!)  Smiley

Yes, you get married.  In a lovely church and wearing a long white gown and . . . oh, just wait till it's up and you can read it for yourself!  Grin

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Chapter 4
So I get back to work after a week at home, and find that I've finally got married. About time too. I've waited long enough!

It was really wonderful seeing my future husband waiting for me at the church door, looking so handsome, so wonderful. My friend, my lover, my champion. I think he liked my dress..  he smiled as he saw me and looked into my eyes with that special look. Today is ours.
I wish in a way that we had had time together after the wedding. time alone, time for...but there will be plenty of time in the future.
And the to have such a terrible thing happen. That poor family. My beloved Edward set off to deal with the devils and I was worried, but I knew that he would be careful, that he would return to me. Mrs Meddows dealt with the young girl, and when Edward returned, quiet but triumphant, we celebrated our wedding together.

At then, at the end when everyone had left, we were alone together, at last.

What more need I say?
Louise Wink

I need some air.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Well it looks like I'm going to have to buy another swoon meter! This one has blue smoke coming out of it! Smiley

Nice job Denise! Smiley

(Matt walks away muttering something about not having a tissue around when you need one.)  Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Louise,
The wedding ended up taking the entire chapter, so I didn't send you a snippet first.  So glad you enjoyed it!  Wink  What'd you think of your dress? (I really need a wickedly grinning smiley!)

I hope to be able to write the last chapter this afternoon.  We'll see how I do.  It's the first day of Kids on Campus, so I may be exhausted by the time I get home!  Smiley

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
I am cross. Very cross, Denise! Angry
why did you have to give 'Louise' a dress like that to get married in!  Huh

It's SO much nice than the one I had!!!

I think I might have to divorce John and remarry him, simply so that I can have a dress like that! Smiley

Oh Yes..One more thing. Wink

Ginny's dress better hadn't be nicer than mine!! Shocked

(or I'll do another sad story.... Grin)

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
You know how I love fashion design!  Besides, that dress was calling your name!  Cheesy  It's nice that Ed liked it -- isn't it?  (See, a wickedly smiling smiley would be perfect here!)

I haven't decided what Ginny's will look like yet, but it will suit her personality.  So it won't be chiffon.  Wink  But no matter what it looks like, it won't be as pretty as yours!  I promise.  Cool

IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
The story's done, but I decided this morning that it's the last of the series, so I want to make sure that I've wrapped things up fairly well before I say good-bye to Straker and Louise and Georgian England.  So it may be late tonight before I post the last chapter and epilogue.  We do get to see Louise on her honeymoon though!  Wink

IP Logged

Lightcudder
Colonel

Trust no one.

Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Well, however it ends, and I know it will end happily Denise, it's been an incredible story. I never thought a Georgian UFO story would be as enthralling as Devilsgate!

I have loved watching Ed Straker  develop into a Georgian hero, and Jake take on the role of SHADO Commander
(although it was very hard to accept at first!). and Ginny fall in love with Jake, adn ALec settle down ( as much as ALec can settle down)
Its been fabulous.. and I can't wait to read the ending. Shocked

But I'll also be sad to read it. Wink

(I think there are some more surprises to come in this story though!)

Louise Cheesy

I need some air.
IP Logged

Neesierie
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Yeah, it's sad to let them go.  But I've said enough.  I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon!  Wink  Straker in a bathing suit circa the 1780s was an image I simply couldn't resist -- you know how low my resistance is to hilarity!  But like a good wife, you think he's dashing, so he'll get used to it.   Smiley  He's The Man, after all (even in stripes!)   Kiss

BTW, I took your advice and wrote Lines as a letter from Straker in Devilsgate to Alec.  I'm posting it tonight as well.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #27 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
I see you decided to make Ginny and jake wait! Oh well some things are worth waiting for. I like the idea for Lines as well.  Smiley

Great job as always! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo