SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: What do you want to see in the new film? (Read 31078 times)
Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Re: What do you want to see in the new film?
Reply #105 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Hopefully Gratzner will be able to pull it off. But delays in production are always worrying.

We'll see.  Smiley

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #106 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Steve Gerard wrote on Oct 3rd, 2011 at 3:18pm:
Matthew Gratzner (upcoming UFO film Producer and Director) is still onboard, but when it does go beyond the pre-production stage new casting will probably be stated. It is officially still in pre-production. So there is still positives and Gratzner wants the UFO movie to look like it's origins are the original series including the theme music.

Thanks for the update, Steve. I think the closer the movie resembles the original series, the better it will be for all. We all know the characterazation will be somewhat different (a lot has changed in forty years) but they still should be able to do a recognizable Straker, Freeman, Foster, and Lake. Casting is everything.

I'm glad they're planing on keeping the original theme music, I want to see a full orchestrated score (Hans Zimmer maybe?) based on Barry Gray's original music. That would be cool! Smiley

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

EDZEL2
Recruit

UFO Rocks!

Reply #107 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
I only discovered this news last weekend - and I have to say I'm impressed by the website and the new re-imaged SHADO logo, which I feel is faithful to the spirit of the original; the whole look and feel of the site seems to echo the brilliant closing sequence for the episodes. Its these two things which give me hope that the production crew have captured the essence of the original and hopefully the result will bear this out.

As someone who loved the original when it first aired, what I'd like to see personally:

1. Characters who are broadly similar (in both appearance and character traits) to their originals
2. The design and look of everything to be sleek yet gritty - with 'Spooks'-like production values
3.  A quality cast - my suggestions?  Richard Armitage for Foster.  Straker... not sure, but he should still be the lead character.

I'm sure I'll think of other things that I'd like to see as time goes on...

And since there doesn't appear to be an introductory thread where one can introduce oneself and say 'Hi!', can I just say that I was very pleased to find this site... hearing news of the remake prompted me to buy the DVD boxset and I'm so pleased to be able to revisit this excellent show...

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #108 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 2:27am
Print Post  
I rewatch my favorite episodes on DVD all the time.  They're such a delight to have!  I think you'll be pleased with the quality of them.  The picture is much clearer than it ever was on my TV when I saw it in when it first aired int he '70's!  Smiley

UFO is my favorite TV show of all time.  I'm glad that another UFO fan has found the forum.  Welcome!  Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #109 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
The need for SHADO HQ to have a secret location under HS studios must stay in this movie for obvious reasons both then or now it still is a good idea. Wink The SHADO change in the new movie is that the 'S.H.A.D.O.' name probably should not be posted on the exterior of all the vehicles, instead they maybe should be unmarked vehicles on the exteriors?  Undecided

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #110 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I always wondered about that, especially on the mobiles. :Smiley

You're right Steve. SHADO HQ, under the studio, was a huge draw, they should keep that concept. Judging from the interceptor artwork, I would say, that the hardware will stay pretty much the same.

I'm hopeful that the movie will do the series justice. I still think it's going to come down to writing and direction. Wink

IP Logged

Librarian
IAC Member

I may be blonde but...

Reply #111 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 3:49am
Print Post  
If the new version of SHADO isn't under a film studio then it won't be UFO. That was one of the things that set SHADO apart from all the other super secret agencies.

If you only have one solution to a problem - you're not trying.

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #112 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Librarian wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 at 3:49am:
If the new version of SHADO isn't under a film studio then it won't be UFO. That was one of the things that set SHADO apart from all the other super secret agencies.

Librarian I absolutely agree with you, this is what separates UFO's S.H.A.D.O. from all others. Smiley It was a brilliant idea to cover-up both the organization and the UFO incidents.

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #113 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Happy 2012 Wink to all SHADO WG members, I hope we hear good news soon regarding the fate of the UFO movie, real soon. Undecided

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #114 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Wouldn't that be great?  As  much as I hate the delays, if the end results in a movie fans of the series will enjoy and want to see over and over then it will be worth it!  Smiley

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #115 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Another great Gerry Anderson TV series Space:1999 will be remade as SPACE:2099 as a new television series Smiley :
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/space-2099-television-remake-288601

Maybe this will be a catalyst in getting the UFO motion picture back on track to also being produced. Shocked

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #116 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 7:14am
Print Post  
I hope they redo the premise.  It was so stupid that sci-fi fans wouldn't even watch it!  Tongue

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #117 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
The coolest stuff about 1999 was the Eagles, the base, and the Comlocks. But I just can't suspend disbelief enough to picture the moon traveling to a new planet every week (assuming that it survived being blasted out of orbit). In fact, I spoofed the concept in one of my UFO stories. *grin* To travel to a new system, they would have had to hit a space warp every single week.

The special effects and props were cool, but the science, sucked, you can't even write around it. And trust me, I've had to write around some bad science. Tongue

I admit to enjoying it as a kid, but I don't think I could get into it now.

I do hold out hope that this remake will kick the movie into high gear, but I'm not holding my breath. Wink

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #118 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Matt wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 5:00pm:
The coolest stuff about 1999 was the Eagles, the base, and the Comlocks.

Absolutely agree. Smiley

IP Logged

Steve Gerard
Recruit

Reply #119 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
I am truly doubting this UFO movie will ever be made. Angry It is extremely annoying when these films are announced and never heard from again. Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Add Poll Send Topic