SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Sense of Wonder (Read 4822 times)
Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Re: A Sense of Wonder
Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 8:46am
Print Post  
SHADO Librarian wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
The comic book Luthor (Or the Lois & Clark one - but that one is a bit on the sexual predator side). The SvB version of Lex is a WTF - unless he was a junior Lex and daddy got what he deserved but I don't think they were thinking that way.

The actor to my mind didn't take the role that seriously. I had read that he got that crazy from his Dad. If I had cast Luthor I would have gone with someone with real menace. You've got Batman and Sups, both strong actors, both tough guys. That actor played him as a kook. Mind you I didn't see the extended versions of b vs s. People said it explains Lex better. I did like when they shaved his head (the iconic bald guy) he seemed really crazy there in a heavy way. Menace below the surface, which wife and I prefer in villains. Look at the tv Hannibal He's a charming psychopath. For that matter, people really found some serial killers attractive and formed cults around them. Sent them love letters. Psychopaths have mastery over manipulation. You discover too late that their chief interest is them.
Look at this article :

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-sneaks-lex-luthor-2016...

One guy in Don't Do that Again is a psychopath and its Alec that realizes it too late. He knew the person was strange somehow but he never knew why. Straker makes the mistake of pissing him off. Enter Mr. Snakie.  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo