SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Foster and Straker (Read 30061 times)
DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Re: Foster and Straker
Reply #90 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Okay. Thanks SnowLeopard. Maybe I do have something marked. I was getting a pop-up telling me about new notifications but I didn't think that was the PM message.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #91 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
I got your test and replied. Hope I did it right, SnowLeopard.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #92 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Yes, received your reply  PM ok!

Talk more tomorrow  Cool

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #93 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:21am
Print Post  
DebbieJ wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
Thanks SnowLeopard. But really anything I give you related to fight sequences you don't have to give me credit for. I'm used to Musketeer style fighting where they can be all over the place, not so much the type of actual fencing one does where points are scored. I didn't even know until Moo mentioned it that they had a narrow lane to stay within. But I will give you some fight sequences that I've used in some of my stories when the time comes and you can choose to do whatever you like with them. Talk to you later then. 

Sounds good here, I'll get back to you here in due course, perhaps a couple of weeks.

Have a good time!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #94 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hey back, SnowLeopard!
I've been thinking on something. When the time comes and I do give you some ideas (and I'll repeat this on the stuff I send). Since I didn't know how fencers have to stay in a lane, it would be hard for Ed/Paul to spar in Musketeer style of fighting. Though they could just go back and forth in a straight line but there's no fun in that  Wink. Now this would be entirely up to you but I could see Paul smirking and telling Ed why don't we fight like Musketeers? I'm assuming this is just sparring unless you're going to decide to have them in a fencing match. At least Ed wouldn't have to worry about jumping on furniture, etc. or doing acrobatics as I've seen done in many Musketeer movies. Like I said it's just an idea. But it would give them more freedom of movement. Okay, talk to you later on this and you have a good couple of weeks.
Oh, one more thing, when I do post this to you in a PM, is there a word limit? Because I may have a bit to type. Though I can always split it up if it takes several posts.
Otherwise, and again this is up to you, if you want to PM me your e-mail I'll send it to you as an attachment. I don't mind you having mine. Whatever works.

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #95 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Current members seem to be a bunch of sickies. I was diagnosed formally with fibromyalgia in 2005. I know what its like Debbie.
Havent done anything, in battle with my apt bldg management, fighting now to get heat treatment to kill bedbug infestation that first was in feb 2016 and then now again in sept 2016. Mgmt made attempt to hide it. hubby and I are in virtual swordfight with them. I go see  new physician tomorrow to file for heat under americans with disability act. My renal doc refused to do it sigh.
Husband captured several bugs showed them to orkin. This management are cold hearted bastards the more we dig the more we find out. So no writing for a bit. We're going to look into a lawsuit but our priority is fighting back. I have been being triggered so hubby on the ball. We currently have a prisoner (bug) hubby named it Henderson  Cheesy. It was funny the orkin guy took the samples we gave but he spotted bug and took ten min capture it. My hubby got one in 2 min. I have so many bites so does husband. We look like dalmatians with all the spots. Mgmt brought in tenant with bedbugs that had dementia, and boom, whole bldg infestation. I suggested to husband we put collars on bugs and give them names. Can you teach bedbugs to fetch? (somehow both of us get through this shit and keep our sense of humor. We both have broke down too. Karma will catch up with these people. It always does. We never will give up. )
On a better note I have a  newglossy photo of Ed on my fridge  from Jessica and my hubby said he feels like Bishop is watching his every move lol. isnt one i can share with even the fb  bishop group im co-mod of . Family photo. gorgeous close up. b and w

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #96 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Quick response to Debbie…

Quote:
I've been thinking on something. When the time comes and I do give you some ideas (and I'll repeat this on the stuff I send). Since I didn't know how fencers have to stay in a lane, it would be hard for Ed/Paul to spar in Musketeer style of fighting. Though they could just go back and forth in a straight line but there's no fun in that  Wink  . Now this would be entirely up to you but I could see Paul smirking and telling Ed why don't we fight like Musketeers? I'm assuming this is just sparring unless you're going to decide to have them in a fencing match. At least Ed wouldn't have to worry about jumping on furniture, etc. or doing acrobatics as I've seen done in many Musketeer movies. Like I said it's just an idea. But it would give them more freedom of movement. Okay, talk to you later on this and you have a good couple of weeks.

Oh, this isn't going to be any kind of sporting contest, it'll be a duel to the (almost) death.. so no lane is needed, you can have them dancing around as much as you like! Paul can jump on the furniture while Ed watches in disbelief pehaps…

Recall that in the teaser I indicated that Paul made a suggestion, and said that if Ed had suggested it himself, or worse ordered or just did it, Paul would have been less than pleased. Well, they take up Paul's suggestion, which is to use him as a channel for disinfo back to the aliens - but for that to work, Jackson has to hypnotise him into forgetting it until afterwards. Much as he did with Ed in 'The Collaborator'. Jackson also warns Ed that even when Ed prompts him to remember, it will take time for Paul to reintegrate himself.

And it does. And while that is happening, Paul is absolutely furious with Ed. The two are then manoeuvered (hmmmmmmmm) into holding what is supposed to be a demo match on the set of 'Musketeers Abroad' (H-S's sequel), without protective gear, and with untipped foils, just as the actors are using. Only it's no demo… When the director protests about health and safety, someone says 'Straker's the boss, who's he gonna sue? Himself?"

Don't worry, I'll get them out of that. More or less intact…

Quote:
Oh, one more thing, when I do post this to you in a PM, is there a word limit? Because I may have a bit to type. Though I can always split it up if it takes several posts.
Otherwise, and again this is up to you, if you want to PM me your e-mail I'll send it to you as an attachment. I don't mind you having mine. Whatever works.

There's a 3000 character (not word, that's maybe 600 words at 5 chars per) so OK, when the time comes I'll PM you my email.

Hi Write Rat - oh dear bed bugs. You have my sympathy. We don't tend to get these much in the UK, but I did encounter them in Aden when my dad's job took him over there in the early 60s. We got an infestation in the rented property we were using. The pest control boys arrived, dragged out all the soft furnishings onto a nearby patch of ground, and incinerated the lot. They fumigated, and replaced the stuff. But I don't suppose you can do that very easily in a US apartment block.. :8o  It's a health hazard, so go ahead and sue!

Now back to the WP Wink

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #97 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Hey SnowLeopard and Write Rat!
Oh I'm glad you told me that part SnowLeopard. I actually have some fight sequences already written but threw out some maneuvers because thought you may keep this to more fencing style but this is great! I'll go put it back in, furniture jumping and all. There will be a little bit of dialog between them but you can always take it out and put your own in it but it needs to be there for me to write it the way I would have a Musketeer fight. So at least I'll already have something when you PM me.

Oh Write Rat, I feel badly for you guys. There was a patron that always talks to me when he comes into the library. His apt. bldg. was having that trouble too but his landlord took care of it. He had to leave his apt. a few different days while they sprayed it and then he had to sleep on his couch for a bit as he wasn't supposed to sleep on his bed for awhile. I don't blame you for wanting to sue either. I doubt if it were me I'd be able to keep my sense of humor. More than likely I'd be tearing my hair out screaming.
As for my fibromyalgia I've had it for 30+ years and at the beginning it was awful but now manageable. I just have to be careful what I do and how much of it I do. I take a light muscle relaxer for it and a supplement from my local health store. It's called Fibro X and it's specially made for fibromyalgia. It cuts back the inflmation and boy does it help. Thing is it's expensive. I buy it when something now flares up. It's by Olympian Labs and if you're interested can be found on Amazon. Probably some other places too. If it weren't for that I don't know what I would have done because that's what really helped me. Plus my chiropractor's treatments too. Take care and good luck with the bugs. *Henderson*... I love it!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #98 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Hi Debbie - End your bit with Ed having lost his sword, in a corner or on the ground as you prefer, and Paul's own sword at his throat!

(And Alec's watching, with his gunhand in his pocket........)

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #99 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Hee hee! I actually was thinking of writing Paul coming out ahead of the game. So that will work, SnowLeopard. But when you're ready and give me a little bit more information pertaining to the fight I may change things a bit more.
I only started writing parts because I'm in-between my two on-going Musketeer stories right now over at Archive. Might work a little bit more on this sometime today at work as well.

Oh BTW my one on-going Musketeer story right now is based on Three Men and a Baby. I've called it Three Musketeers and a Bebe. LOL! It's a totally different version where d'Artagnan is a 3 yr. old toddler and becomes orphaned and adopted by the inseparables. Everyone apparently loves it as I've gotten tons of feedback and hits on the story. It has now become my longest ever series as I'm over 30+ chapters. It was requested by a reader from Greece who has now become a fast friend. When I run out of ideas she gives me more and another writing pal from from England. It's been so much fun.
But now that you and I have been talking about Paul and Ed I've had this plot bunny running around in my head that won't let go about Paul being hit by an alien beam and turned into an 8 yr. old kid with Ed becoming his guardian. But I don't have time to do this even if I wanted too. At least not right now. If I ever did I'd post it at Archive and give you guys a link to it here. I don't bother with betas as sometimes they do take the fun out of writing for me. A great writing friend of mine from Stargate, who I now hooked into writing Musketeer stories, told me once that when writing doesn't become fun anymore you stop. I've had several stories done and betaed for Stargate zines our writing group would put out and they were sold. And because not being in the same time zone as the beta it would take awhile to get it done. One beta was picky where another wasn't so much. I like fig-newton's Stargate challenges because I got invited to do one recently and she was very fast and I hardly had anything wrong to correct except some punctuation. LOL! Which ironically I originally had in my story to begin with but took them out because a previous beta on another story always told me I put too much in. Well... duh!
Anyway, that bunny keeps on nibbling on my ear.  Smiley
There are not enough hours in the day or days in the week to get all the writing done I'd like too.
Take care and will wait to hear back from you.

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #100 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

I like the idea of Paul and Straker in a fencing duel with no safety gear or rules but I can't imagine either Straker or Alec disarmed with no back-up plan. Both are too savvy to get caught unarmed so easily. I can picture Paul's blade tip at his throat but failing to see Straker's hand on the grip of the classic Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife in his boot. Not a dirk but a classic military dagger heavily used by both MI and OSS agents. It dates back to 1940 Britain, so it's fitting.

Nobody who carries a weapon would place all their eggs in one basket. Especially when the baddies come at you from all angles and at all times like they do for our SHADO friends.

Write-Rat, it's great to see you back on line. I hate that your bldg. mgmt. is living the role of stool sample. It's not hard for them to do the right thing, yet they fail continually. That is beyond contemptible. Keep in touch...

Moo

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #101 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Hey Moo!
I agree with you that Straker would have some sort of back-up hidden on him but SnowLeopard said he was going to have Alec in the wings covering his back. Perhaps she'll keep that in mind when she pens this out. I'm going to give her an entire fighting sequence and she can do what she likes with it. And when I get home I'm going to brush up and watch my UFO dvd of the episode she mentioned to me because right now I can't remember it. LOL!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #102 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Hey SnowLeopard or Moo, whichever one of you can answer this. When SnowLeopard was explaining to me about what Jackson did to Ed in *The Collaborator*, when I went home today I tried looking for that episode from my UFO DVDs. So I could get a bit more insight as to what's going to happen in her story. But that episode is not there. Did it get renamed for the DVDs? If so please tell me which ep. it is because for the life of me I can't remember it. Unless it got left out of my set. But I have the entire set or so I thought.  Many thanks!

IP Logged

SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Reply #103 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Collaborator is a fanfic - not an episode.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #104 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Oh thanks, Shado Librarian! Thought I was losing it there looking for that in my dvd collection. LOL! I'll go try to find that story here and read it because I don't remember it. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo