SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Foster and Straker (Read 30408 times)
DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Re: Foster and Straker
Reply #60 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 3:12am
Print Post  
LOL! Well SnowLeopard, I haven't the foggiest notion who Jon Pertwee was. But I was stuck on Matt. Oh and Capaldi was really great at playing Richelieu. He had just the right amount of evilness in him. Perhaps I brought my dislike of the character with me when watching him in the role of Dr. Who. He was really the villain you loved to hate in the Musketeers.
On another note. I have a question. I discovered a site called Shadotoria.com and some UFO fan fiction. I read all the stories there and there was one that still had part 2 to come. Thing is the site shows the last update was 2015. I can only assume the story was done by the site's owner - Toria, it didn't say. Bu it was called Metamorphosis and had Paul Foster's character in it. Pt. 1 was titled Breakdown. The author said this was a contribution to Lightcudder's writing prompt: Flat Tyre. I figured since Lightcudder's writing is on this website someone might know about the story. Thanks!

IP Logged

SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Reply #61 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Lightcudder is no longer an active member on this site. I am not familiar with the shadotoria site so thank you for bringing it to our attention. As far as I know, no one active here has any contact with 'Toria'.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #62 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Shado Librarian!
I really had liked that first part of the story and wondered if it was on here somewhere. And I didn't know Lightcudder wasn't contributing anymore here. I found shadotoria by accident while browsing. It could be a very old site for all I know.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #63 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 6:26am
Print Post  
SnowLeopard wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
Moo, don't worry, the Keimon (a sort of interstellar ambassador) wouldn't be seen dead with sandals over his high-tech socks......

And he isn't allergic to Element 126, either!  Wink

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #64 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Fortunate. Pharmacies are few and far between in space. That's one arena of medical research that needs a boost. Space travel, base on the Moon, fleet of submarines, underground bunker headquarters - and I still turn into a sneeze machine at a stand of ragweed or someone's pet rabbit. Come on science! Keep up!

Moo

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #65 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Just wait until the aliens encounter the common cold… Maybe that's why they have problems with our atmosphere! Cheesy

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #66 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Imagine having a sneezing fit and runny nose in a pressure helmet filled with green fluid. Would the sneezing make bubbles?

Moo

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #67 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Moo wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Imagine having a sneezing fit and runny nose in a pressure helmet filled with green fluid. Would the sneezing make bubbles?

Moo

A green sneeze.... yuk.

And what about their beards?? That trip in 'Close up' took four months, with them presumably suited up the whole time. Talk about 'The Man in the Iron Mask'. Wink

IP Logged

SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Reply #68 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
The camera-sat took 4 months, not any human mission.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #69 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Sorry, I meant the aliens in the UFO that the camera-sat was following. Of course, they might be naturally beardless, or the green goo may inhibit beard growth.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #70 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 6:51am
Print Post  
ATM I have this pair on the Moon, to look over the ex-Dalotek base. They've gone back to Moonbase  to do the paperwork.

(By special request) They are scheduled for an exercise session, and we see Nina fencing with one of the Interceptor pilots, having been encouraged by Chrys to take up the sport again. Chrys has also taught Foster the basics. Straker has never tried fencing, but he's about to!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #71 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Hi SnowLeopard!
I bet Straker will take to fencing like a duck to water. LOL!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #72 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 11:20am
Print Post  
He'll have to take some lessons from his housekeeper - a martial-arts and fencing enthusiast (specially chosen by SHADO security, of course. Her duties aren't limited to washing the dishes   Shocked  ).

All I know about fencing myself is what I've seen Captain Picard do in the 'Enterprise' gym - so I had to read up about it. Educational this, isn't it   Wink

Now let's see. Will my plot have the two of them duelling in earnest... Yes of course, it has to!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #73 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Oh you have to have Straker fence with Paul too. LOL! Perhaps the housekeeper could help give him an edge or too against his boss.

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #74 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Foils or sabers?

Moo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo