SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Foster and Straker (Read 30652 times)
DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Re: Foster and Straker
Reply #30 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hey Write Rat!
I'm laughing at the fighting jackrabbits. As for Michael's picture. I'm laughing at that too because he rather looks a bit old for that type of pose. I believe that's his wig he has on too. LOL!
Later tonight I'm going to try and do another pic. Hope it appears bigger and the site takes it.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #31 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I forgot to respond to you yesterday, Shado Librarian on where you told me you thought my graphics had gone into my document/download folder. Well no, they don't. To do a picture here I have to scan it first. Then that goes automatically into my scanned pictures folder. Then I tried photobucket but apparently the image was too big as this site wouldn't take it. Did it again and I simply went into my scanned pictures folder and sent it from there to where I needed to change it. This time it's too small. But I'm leaving it as I have used up several hours trying to figure out how to get a bigger image. LOL! At least it now matches Foster Forever! Thanks!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #32 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Hey Write Rat,
When I tried your image again and copied it to word, printed it out to scan it was all blurry and I couldn't use it. Hence the different picture. Which I still can't get big. Darn site says it wouldn't take it. Guess I'm lucky it took the one I have up now. After I scanned and sent it to my scanned folder and that's where I can upload it here. It could have something to do with how my scanner sizes a picture too. Honestly I don't know at this point. But like I just told Shado Librarian, the pic matches Foster Forever. LOL! Thanks anyway!

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #33 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Deborah, as admin can't you adjust the size for her?
That b and w one may have been in a magazine first so it doesn't reduce well.  I don't think he"s too old  there he has a good body. The wig doesn't suit him.
Ed

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #34 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 4:08am
Print Post  
I think it was the wig that made that pose look off to me, Write Rat! LOL!
As for the pic I took it was off Michael Billington's site. I tried several different ways scanning it and it either was too big and site wouldn't take it or it came out small the way it is. The one you gave me copied and pasted blurry so I couldn't even scan it. But thanks anyway.

IP Logged

SHADO Librarian
IAC Chair

UFO Rocks

Reply #35 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I've changed the link to the bad avatar to one that's okay and already on this site. (Avatars are sized to 65px x 65px   and if uploaded, can not be larger than 250 Kb in size.)

The Administrator.
IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #36 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Oh that is so cool! Thanks so much, Shado Librarian. As I don't have anything to do with avatars I don't know anything about sizing. The most technical thing I know how to do is scanning stuff. But on Archive you can re-size things easily once scanned. So this had me frustrated. This pic is close to that second one I had so tiny. Very nice! Once again my thanks for doing this! It probably was easier for you than it was for me. LOL!

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #37 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Thank you Boss  Wink

Ed

The wife says isn't that taken from Kill Straker? Hmmmm. Deborah's secretly an alien!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #38 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Hey Write Rat,
Thanks for asking Shado Librarian to re-size my picture. It's pretty neat!
I'd flunk as a Shado tech too. Bad enough I type on computers at the library where I work most of the day. I am techy to a point where I can help people get around on the internet, use some word programs, etc. And I can update my own plug-ins and simple things like that.
I'm a dinosaur I don't even do e-readers. LOL! Sadly, Straker would have thrown my resume out the window.

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #39 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 2:57am
Print Post  
I'm in that dinosaur boat too Debbie. I still prefer the tactile sensation of a real book. The sound of turning pages and even the smell of a book that has served well for many years.

The electronic format for doing fan fiction was a learning curve for me, although I did a lot of document generation and spread sheets during my career. I don't even own a smart phone...

Moo

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #40 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Hey Moo,
Nice to know I'm not the only one. Though we had some training at work on e-readers, that was only to help answer our patrons questions. Now we found out some things had changed so we're in the dark along with them. LOL! I don't have one of those fancy doohickey (channeling Jack O'Neill here for a moment) phones either. Just all my years doing stories on the internet for my Yahoo writing groups or Archive have given me some knowledge of certain things. I went from a desktop computer with a tower to an all-in-one and that was a learning experience. We got new computers at work too and we had to learn those as well. I'm tired of all this technology. And it's only good when it works. LOL!

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #41 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Yeah, I'm with you there. The only computer tech I'm reliant on is the cardiac implant in my chest that keeps my heart beating - and there's a recall on that one. I used to think that it was really inconvenient when my cars got recalled...

I was at an event this afternoon in Huntsville and at any given time during the several hours close to 2/3 of the patrons had a crack phone in their hands. Conversation has become a lost art... Sad.

Moo

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Captain

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #42 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
A recall???? Erk!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Captain

Foster Forever!

Reply #43 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
OMG, Moo! A recall for your implant! I truly hope everything works out for you. I will admit that's a first time I ever heard of that being done. Cars, yeah, too much actually. So far I think mines to old to have a recall as yet. It's a 2005 Neon. LOL! Well knock on wood (which would be my head). And yes, regular conversation does seem to be a thing of the past. Adults, kids, all using cell phones and what gets me is I found out one time in the library that one adult was talking to their child on her cell phone and the child was in our children's room. Now how sad is that? She couldn't take the few steps back into the room with her kid. I thought I had seen everything at work. Not anymore.
All the best!

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #44 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 2:38am
Print Post  
I say bring back conversation and put down the phone...

Recalls on medical devices are actually pretty common. I had a couple leads replaced on my second implant. This third one has a recall on the battery so they just monitor it more frequently. Looks like another four years or so left. Not a biggie after the first two. My heart will beat without it but with a more-or-less bossa nova beat. This one sync's the ventricles so it works more efficiently. I have a jump starter built in as well...

Your Neon was built in a plant that was about eight miles from the house I sold in June. Now they make the three smaller jeeps there and the disappointing little Dart (which is a contract made version of the Alfa Romeo Guilietta sedan). They are owned by Fiat now since Daimler sold them off a few years back. That was a hopping place back in the 60's and early 70's. All the classic Mopar muscle cars (B-bodies) were built there.

My wife worked there when they built the Dynasty and New Yorker in Belvidere.

Yes, cows can be motor-heads...

Moo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo