SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Foster and Straker (Read 2939 times)
DebbieJ
Lieutenant

Foster Forever!

Re: Foster and Straker
Reply #128 - yesterday at 5:42pm
Post Tools
Great news, SnowLeopard! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #127 - yesterday at 6:37am
Post Tools
'Brotherhood' Update: I've filled in some of the gaps, and shuffled a few bits  around a little. Still working on the finish but I have a few ideas how to wind it all up!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Lieutenant

Foster Forever!

Reply #126 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 12:59pm
Post Tools
I'd be so lucky to get a job with HS, SnowLeopard! It would have been so cool to have worked closely with Ed and Paul (grins and bats eyelashes).
And I see Manhunt is up. Will print it off to read later at home tonight. Cool!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #125 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 7:34am
Post Tools
I'm trying not to visualise that, Moo… Wink

Perhaps H-S will give you a job, Debbie!

'Brotherhood' is now at roughly 50,000 words (estimated at 5 chars/word) and counting, but the bits are linking together nicely. I do my composing mainly in a plain-vanilla text editor, and load it into LbreOffice to get an RTF file, when I also get a proper word count. Just me being quirky Cheesy

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Lieutenant

Foster Forever!

Reply #124 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:18pm
Post Tools
I'm still laughing at the acknowledgments because I've never worked at a studio before. Great! This could go on my resume. LOL! Thanks again, SnowLeopard!

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #123 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Post Tools
Blades by Moo... I may have to start a company by that name. If nothing else, the F-S fighting knife would make a lasting impression as Alec's choice of toothpick. Doing so without cutting his mouth to ribbons would be a great show of dexterity.

Moo

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #122 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:47am
Post Tools
The attribution will now read:

"Acknowledgements

My thanks to Harlington-Straker Studios for the loan of their fight co-ordinator and technical adviser, DebbieJ; and of one of their weapons, loaned by their props supplier Moo  "

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #121 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:20am
Post Tools
Update…

This story, now featuring no fewer than three fencing sessions courtesy of my fight arranger Wink , has acquired the title 'The Brotherhood' and has been assembled into a not-quite-first draft and shot off to DebbieJ for her comments. Even incomplete, it runs to about 33,000 words, so far. I have a closing scene to write and several gaps to fill, so it'll grow a bit more yet.

Oh and Moo… The Fairbairn-Sykes makes a non-appearance  Wink  Straker needs a weapon, but circumstances dictate that the only things available are kitchen knives. Straker selects a suitable candidate - and being one of those olde-fashioned country-cottage kitchens, they are old, heavy, and sharp - but he wishes he had something a little more professional! As things develop, it's just as well that his marksmanship is as good with a knife as it is with a gun!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Lieutenant

Foster Forever!

Reply #120 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 9:13pm
Post Tools
Cool! Sounds good! Thanks SnowLeopard!

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #119 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Post Tools
OK, I'll put this in at the beginning:

'Acknowledgements

My thanks to Harlington-Straker Studios for the loan of their fight co-ordinator and technical adviser, DebbieJ'
Wink 

I rather suspect that I'll be using that F-S either later in this story, or in the next one… when I do I'll also say thanks to Moo!

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Lieutenant

Foster Forever!

Reply #118 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Post Tools
Hi again SnowLeopard,
I'll e-mail you this too but I think I liked it best when you first said I was your *Fight Coordinator* LOL! And of course I told you to go ahead and use my name. I did get a kick out of something else you said about thanking the studio for lending me out. Ha ha ha! I'm so tickled about this. Cool! And many thanks for asking me to help out with your story. Bows before you with a majestic sweep of her Musketeer chapeau from her head.

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #117 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 7:45am
Post Tools
Before I forget - Debbie, please let me know sometime how my 'technical adviser' would like to be attributed!  Wink

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #116 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 6:35am
Post Tools
DebbieJ and I have been collaborating, and she gave me a great fight sequence which fitted smoothly into my narrative. Must press on and get the first complete draft done - I have a lot of jigsaw pieces, but I can now see most of the picture.

IP Logged

DebbieJ
Lieutenant

Foster Forever!

Reply #115 - Feb 24th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Post Tools
I got your e-mail and responded back SnowLeopard. Thanks! And it will be a little while til I get back to you after I read what you sent and look over what I already did to see if I want to make changes.
As we are enjoying, and I can't believe I'm saying this, a record high of 75 degrees in February I think the smiley face with sunglasses is appropriate. LOL!
Talk to you later. Cool

IP Logged

SnowLeopard
Lieutenant

Where do they come from?
What do they want?

Reply #114 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:22pm
Post Tools
DebbieJ wrote on Feb 23rd, 2017 at 1:19pm:
Hi again SnowLeopard,
Received your message and I responded. But after I sent it there's nothing to tell me you got it. So if you didn't let me know. I also asked you a question pertaining to the fight scene and put on there you could either respond here with a PM or simply e-mail me as I gave you my address.

Hi Debbie, your PM reached me OK, will reply by email to establish the link!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: Google Digg del.icio.us Facebook reddit Twitter Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo

Page completed in 1.0660 seconds.