SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Add Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) COMING SOON... (Read 3514 times)
Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

COMING SOON...
Feb 17th, 2016 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Coming soon to a forum near you, "Change In the Air." A sequel to "Things Old and New" and "Thor's Hammer."

It is a short novel, presented in three installments because of its size. My plot bunnies move in herds and tend to stampede...

It has action, romance, new faces and alien intrigue and features some salty language, adult situations, combat scenes and some crude humor. Nothing explicit or distasteful (I''m told).

Moo

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Re: COMING SOON...
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Nothing distasteful, darn.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
I'll try to naughty 'em up a bit for you next time...

Moo

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major
SHADO Research

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Moo, probably that would mean Straker is doing field exercises and gets his flight jacket smudged with dirt .
I like your characters the way they are, but you made Henderson much too decent. What's next? Jackson and Freeman have a leisurely lunch and exchange compliments? Hee hee. One of the best lines was Alec saying he couldn't stand to touch anything slimy.
Your writing always makes me think of Bond movies, where the credits are longer than the movie. I envy you your ability to insert the technical aspects. But all that product placement is longer than your chapters. Grin. I'm jealous. Or more current, 'jelly'

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Glad to know someone is reading my stories! I know they tend to be detail oriented. Coming from the scientific/technical world, they play in my head in that level of detail. Be grateful you don't get the soundtrack too...

Thanks for your comments. Nice to see you back here too...
Moo

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
It sounds interesting.  I like my sci-fi with romance!  Smiley

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Dear Denise,

I welcome any feedback you care to give on my stories. Yours were the first UFO fan fiction stories I found online which led me here eventually. They inspired me to give it a shot myself...

Regards,
A. Berglund (a.k.a. Moo)

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
That's so cool!  I'm glad I inspired you to write your own stories!  Yours are in a series, right?  So I should start with "Thor's Hammer"?

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Yes, please start with Thor's Hammer, then Things Old & New, Change in the Air, etc. Thor's Hammer was my first one. I'm working on a fifth installment with these characters/lines, but my plot bunnies were briefly caged while we relocated to AL...

Thank you!
Moo

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 7:34am
Print Post  
I've never done any strictly romance, but a distinguished plot bunny has been hopping around me. It would be a bittersweet romance. An if only..
Yeah mouth of death is delayed. My evil beta wants an Aussie based one.I haven't been well enough to sit and get it done. It's scary so it ought to be released for Halloween, but arthritis and fibro and that thing called real life get in the way.
If anyone is interested, Ed's daughter Jessica wrote to me again and the poor soul is freezing! They have dogs and bunnies and cats for comfort.
Its been cold in Berkeley too, not great for my chronic pain.  Embarrassed
I love writing too much to quit. Why couldn't I be good at something less physical? Like heart surgery. Grin.

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Moo, send me the soundtrack.
I love movie music. Old school. Bernard Herrman. John Barry. John Williams. Ennico morricone? A fistful of paperweights?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Not paperweights, just elements to plug into a story line. In my head, each character has a bit of theme music for their mood and situation... I imagine Alec sitting in front of a crackling fire with a glass of scotch and Dave Brubeck in the background. Straker's quiet time can go to either light jazz or classical. Virginia calls for Beethoven, Bach, and classic rock. Grieg's 'Hall of the Mountain King' can be plugged into some scenes as well. My imagination of combat scenes in space and air seem to always go back to classic Iron Maiden... It's a scary place to poke your head in the door.

I couldn't do a whole romantic focused story either. Writing it feels unnatural to me so I tend to treat it like pulling a bandage off a hairy part of the anatomy. Quick and more suggestion that description. People will fill in the blanks with their own imagination better than I can write it.

Anyone looking for warmer climates should check out Northern Alabama. I am still using A/C here and at this rate I'll be in shorts through the Christmas season... Lots of cool science-related stuff here as well.
Moo

IP Logged

Write Rat
Major

Straker and his coffee.

Reply #12 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Alec in front of a crackling fire snuggling with the woman of the month 😀
Straker has light rock or pop on his car radio, in one episode. I easily can picture him listening to light jazz (which I love too) of course he had Wagner on forest murmurs in Responsibility Seat.
All the music you mentioned even Iron Maiden, I like. Iron Maiden was on the radio of the car I got taken to college with. It had half its floor gone. That was a brief romance chuckle. And my first kiss and uh..other firsts to the music of Gordon Lightfoot. I later destroyed the record, so you can detect where that encounter went!  Grin
The guy I finally exchanged vows with has varied tastes in music. I introduced him to Tangerine Dream.
Alabama? I'm in Berkeley, its overcast, storm probably coming judging from pain on the reicher scale.
A scene can be as sexy as hell without a single graphic term. You're absolutely right about the imagination. I can write 'her hand traced his collarbone gently, lightly, taking pains not to cause him even one. She was no stranger when it came to that body, every sinew as arresting as those unforgettable eyes'
Not a rude word, but crystal clear, heh heh.

IP Logged

Moo
Captain

UFO Rocks!

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
You've got some ex-tropical extreme weather heading in your direction. I've ridden out a bunch when I lived in the Carolina's in years past. I hope you were able to prepare a bit.

Take care and stay safe...
Moo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo